Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:16:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My friend has explained to me that Mtgox has some serious issues with processes!  (Read 3805 times)
Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 08:12:28 AM

Hehe he has been very patient so im pretty sure many of you are wondering by now why they even let you open an account without getting verification? done at the same time hahaha

Not to mention the live chat my friend told me it doesn't work and he showed me the agent never gets to answer your request! They seem to have changed it after he has complained, by saying wait for a ticket or something i guess that must mean a complains process or something.

Can someone please help with the opening hours of live chat whether it works or not and whether Mtgox is a respectable company.

At this stage my friend is on the verge of convincing me we can easily upstage Mtgox by opening our own exchange and flooring this disrespectful company in the way it most definitely deserves - Not my words.

Oh i forgot to add he tried to call the bank that hosts Mtgox's account in Japan and they couldn't even understand a word of English and they didn't even try to find someone who could. While i understand they are not Mtgox but surely Mtgox would realise they might need a bank service that could handle a global customer base hahahahahaha!!!

I was hesitant to make this post but so many points he has made, making it quite difficult for me to understand why they are giving him so much grief over opening an account and buying a few coin hahahahaha!!!

Please forgive me its really funny and my friend is extremely pissed at Mtgox now.

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lassdas
Legendary

Activity: 3649
Merit: 1412

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 08:51:44 AM

I've been using MtGox like...forever and never had any serious issues.

There was one small glitch onetime, when they missed a zero (added $100 to my funds although I wired $1000), but 1 email fixed it
and another time they closed my account because I didn't use it for a couple of months, again 1 email and I could get back in.

So there's really nothing I could complain about in terms of customer support.

And for the japanese bank not talking english, it's not up to the customer to fix issues with a companies bank, it's up to the company to handle those issues and that's what MtGox does, again, nothing to complain.

Good luck with opening your own exchange.  Smiley

Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 09:26:13 AM

I've been using MtGox like...forever and never had any serious issues.

There was one small glitch onetime, when they missed a zero (added $100 to my funds although I wired $1000), but 1 email fixed it
and another time they closed my account because I didn't use it for a couple of months, again 1 email and I could get back in.

So there's really nothing I could complain about in terms of customer support.

And for the japanese bank not talking english, it's not up to the customer to fix issues with a companies bank, it's up to the company to handle those issues and that's what MtGox does, again, nothing to complain.

Good luck with opening your own exchange.  Smiley

could you please explain how long it took you to open an account and deposit funds, did you require verification first?

also would you know the opening hours of live chat support and if you have used it and how long they took to respond also approx when this occurred

also Mtgox had infact received my friends funds they just decided to ignore the fact until he lodged a complaint resolution process

such ethical practices (they still haven't deposited them in his account yet though)  hahahahaha

and thanks for your reply

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 09:41:17 AM

At this stage my friend is on the verge of convincing me we can easily upstage Mtgox by opening our own exchange and flooring this disrespectful company in the way it most definitely deserves - Not my words.

There already are alternate exchanges -- but there is always room for competition.  Coinbase, for instance, isn't a market exchange but they now report a run-rate of seling one million USD worth of coins a month, with 1% fees (at least 66% higher than Mt. Gox's).
 - http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Buying_bitcoins

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 12:01:24 PM

my friend is fuming now to say the least

he has followed all the proper steps explained on the Mtgox website to get direct deposit into the exchange!!!! without verification!!!!

YET

they have forced him to give all his personal details even copy's of government documents and photo identification and bank details

1 document was  related to proof of address as follows

they wanted one of the following

utility bill / tax return document / phone bill / residency certificate (less than 3 months old)

can anyone explain to Mtgox how it might be difficult to get some of these

he has A) power in someone else's name

B) Tax is done around mid to year

C) prepaid's don't have bills and landlines are hardly used these days

D) residency cetificate (does this even exist)

and they have failed to deposit his money

they have now told him he has to wait 7 business days for verification to complete and he has already waited 7 business days for

the money to be received into the account in the first place

that's 14 business days with weekends we are talking a possible 3 weeks or even 23 days

for a mere $50 US deposit this is how difficult the process is HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 12:28:02 PM

for a mere $50 US deposit this is how difficult the process is HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?

If that was $50 USD sent via Dwollla, then you are probably not aware of the 30-day probationary period.  So even when Mt. Gox is ready, Dwolla won't send to them until your 30-day probation period has passed.

If you sent via wire, ... you got ripped on fees.

If you had read up, you could have deposited $50 cash at Chase and gotten funds credited at BitMe a few hours later, or next day at most, bought your coins and never had a need to "fume".

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 12:36:08 PM

If that was $50 USD sent via Dwollla, then you are probably not aware of the 30-day probationary period.  So even when Mt. Gox is ready, Dwolla won't send to them until your 30-day probation period has passed.

If you sent via wire, ... you got ripped on fees.

If you had read up, you could have deposited $50 cash at Chase and gotten funds credited at BitMe a few hours later, or next day at most, bought your coins and never had a need to "fume".

he sent by wire, the fees where not important he was testing out Mtgox and now they conned all his personal details out of him and still wont

deposit the money so now they have a fake passport and tax details too add to the cash they have swindled

he is convinced they are Half Jap Half Nigerian scammers HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Mt.Gox_Support_Natalie

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 01:25:39 AM

Hehe he has been very patient so im pretty sure many of you are wondering by now why they even let you open an account without getting verification? done at the same time hahaha

Not to mention the live chat my friend told me it doesn't work and he showed me the agent never gets to answer your request! They seem to have changed it after he has complained, by saying wait for a ticket or something i guess that must mean a complains process or something.

Can someone please help with the opening hours of live chat whether it works or not and whether Mtgox is a respectable company.

Oh i forgot to add he tried to call the bank that hosts Mtgox's account in Japan and they couldn't even understand a word of English and they didn't even try to find someone who could. While i understand they are not Mtgox but surely Mtgox would realise they might need a bank service that could handle a global customer base hahahahahaha!!!

I was hesitant to make this post but so many points he has made, making it quite difficult for me to understand why they are giving him so much grief over opening an account and buying a few coin hahahahaha!!!

Please forgive me its really funny and my friend is extremely pissed at Mtgox now.

Hello,

My name is Natalie and I am responsible for our customer support.  We offer 24 hours of support from Monday to Saturday and Sunday is the only day that we are off.  If the agent is handling another chat, your friend will have to wait until the prior chat session ends.  Otherwise, he could contact us by submitting a ticket.  From your post, it seems that your friend has been able to communicate with one of our staff through one of our channels.  If you could let me know his ticket number by sending a PM, I will be in touch with him from there.
Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 07:44:15 AM

Hello,

My name is Natalie and I am responsible for our customer support.  We offer 24 hours of support from Monday to Saturday and Sunday is the only day that we are off.  If the agent is handling another chat, your friend will have to wait until the prior chat session ends.  Otherwise, he could contact us by submitting a ticket.  From your post, it seems that your friend has been able to communicate with one of our staff through one of our channels.  If you could let me know his ticket number by sending a PM, I will be in touch with him from there.

your forcing him to wait for verification when your own website says that you can deposit without verification you even supply the details for doing so with the bank Shibuya in Japan

Beneficiary Account Number - 210-145***
Benificiatary Bank Code - MHBKJ****

Beneficiary Bank 1-5 UCHISAIWAISHO-I-CHOME, CHIYODA
-KU 100-0011 Tokyo Japan

have you even read anything in the above thread or is your post just some pre-written script when people have problems? YES

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 07:46:30 AM

bump

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 08:02:04 AM

Could the form admins install the SMF "retard test" plugin so it is not possible for idiots like this guy to open a forum account?
Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 08:07:15 AM

Could the form admins install the SMF "retard test" plugin so it is not possible for idiots like this guy to open a forum account?

you insult me with your intelligence  Cheesy

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

lassdas
Legendary

Activity: 3649
Merit: 1412

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 08:12:05 AM

Says the guy who's complaining about others not understanding english, but by himself doesn't understand  something as easy as
If you could let me know his ticket number by sending a PM, I will be in touch with him from there.

Get a life.
Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 08:16:24 AM

BCB reported for Trolling again second time!! stop making it a habit and learn to understand why people make posts and the reason behind them before reverting to a childlike moran

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 08:22:24 AM

Says the guy who's complaining about others not understanding english, but by himself doesn't understand  something as easy as
If you could let me know his ticket number by sending a PM, I will be in touch with him from there.

Get a life.

just helping a friend im sure you would do the same, Yeah right

and understand this

They offer the option of depositing funds without verification

he deposited $50 US dollars and they will not deposit into his account without verification

and yes the answer to multiple tickets is GET VERIFIED

WELL MTGOX Change your processes and inform all customers they must get verified !!!!!!!!!!!!!

And lassdas stop trying to insult me with your superior english  Cheesy

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 08:25:40 AM

they have forced him to give all his personal details even copy's of government documents and photo identification and bank details

1 document was  related to proof of address as follows

they wanted one of the following

utility bill / tax return document / phone bill / residency certificate (less than 3 months old)

can anyone explain to Mtgox how it might be difficult to get some of these

he has A) power in someone else's name

B) Tax is done around mid to year

C) prepaid's don't have bills and landlines are hardly used these days

D) residency cetificate (does this even exist)

So how does your friend manage to function in Australia given that you require 100 points of ID for bank accounts, driver's licences, dealing with Centrelink, Medicare and the ATO, etc, etc?  If he's over 18 - and MtGox requires that their users be over 18 - then it shouldn't be hard for him to verify his identity.  It is actually pretty suspicious if he can't.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 08:40:32 AM

If I send you 50 bucks will you just go away?

(This thread is still about cats)

This thread is now about cats.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 08:49:52 AM

If I send you 50 bucks will you just go away?

Can I get the same offer, please?
~2.2 BTC and I promise not to post for at least 2.2 months.
15DYJpWJe9H1YofsNQbP9JEWWNn7XPZgbS
This time away will be difficult since I like it here, but the money will really come in handy, thanks.   Cheesy

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 09:05:08 AM

Bit_happy. I can't pay you to go away. You are not an angry, annoying, misanthropic nuisance.
Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:08:30 PM

maybe they should have been taken to court and we wouldnt be having all these problems today

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: