Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:41:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple Bitcoin Wallet for Android (found on F-Droid market)  (Read 2711 times)
Karartma1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 07:29:38 AM

https://btcontract.com/

Simple Bitcoin is a standalone wallet for Android devices which does not depend on any centralized service and gives you full control over your precious bitcoins.

A single-page application which allows you to store your bitcoins securely and transfer them easily.

It is an HD wallet which means your balance and full transaction history can always be restored using a single mnemonic code should anything bad happen to your device.

This wallet is intended for mobile devices, hence it does not store a full Blockchain but instead acquires all the relevant data from random Bitcoin nodes using an SPV technique.

I am using it since February and I have to say it's perfect for my daily bitcoin activities. I was not able to find it on the forum though.

Hope it helps.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 05:25:09 PM

It's also available on the standard Google Play market... Seems really, really interesting. I guess this is a breadwallet type of app for Android, which was something that was really missing.

The destruction code functionality is pretty interesting... Too bad I eventually stopped using an Android device as my daily driver... But I'll sure be testing this whenever I get a chance.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:08:05 PM

Thanks for sharing. There are too many Android wallet available nowadays.

I usually stick to Xapo wallet, which I also have on my iSO and can access through my desktop.
Karartma1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 02:58:09 PM

As you guys both noticed I think this is a pretty simple, straightforward and awesome easy to use wallet.
I know there's plenty of choice out there but we're an open source ecosystem: more choice leads to better choices.

I wonder if the dev is active around here  Cool
kyren

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 05:34:35 PM

As you guys both noticed I think this is a pretty simple, straightforward and awesome easy to use wallet.
I know there's plenty of choice out there but we're an open source ecosystem: more choice leads to better choices.

I noticed this on FDroid and appreciate your work.
Will give it a go and dtich Mycellium for a bit.  Smiley
Karartma1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 02:19:03 PM

I noticed this on FDroid and appreciate your work.
Will give it a go and dtich Mycellium for a bit.  Smiley

Just to claritfy my friend that I am NOT this simple bitcoin developer: I only started this thread to let everybody aware of this alternative. If you have any questions realated please do refer to the aforementioned website!

By the way, glad you like it! It's a really good one
Karartma1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 06:49:31 AM

Version 1.072 is live
The developer has done some small UI refinements

I've been using this wallet for three months for everyday spending and I like it very much. Simple, easy and secure.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: