Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:08:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ron Paul Asks UN to seize RonPaul.com Domain from supporters  (Read 1125 times)
Littleshop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2013, 03:14:17 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2013, 04:47:28 PM by Littleshop

What is going on here?

Ron Paul on the UN:
"Those bureaucrats are not satisfied by meddling only in international disputes, however. The UN increasingly wants to influence our domestic environmental, trade, labor, tax, and gun laws. Its global planners fully intend to expand the UN into a true world government, complete with taxes, courts, and a standing army. This is not an alarmist statement; these facts are readily promoted on the UN’s own website. UN planners do not care about national sovereignty; in fact they are actively hostile to it. They correctly view it as an obstacle to their plans. They simply aren’t interested in our Constitution and republican form of government."

And now he goes to the UN to take private property away?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ron+paul+domain

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 03:52:31 PM

What is going on here?

Ron Paul on the UN:
"Those bureaucrats are not satisfied by meddling only in international disputes, however. The UN increasingly wants to influence our domestic environmental, trade, labor, tax, and gun laws. Its global planners fully intend to expand the UN into a true world government, complete with taxes, courts, and a standing army. This is not an alarmist statement; these facts are readily promoted on the UN’s own website. UN planners do not care about national sovereignty; in fact they are actively hostile to it. They correctly view it as an obstacle to their plans. They simply aren’t interested in our Constitution and republican form of government."

Link Please? What the heck are you rambling about?

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
wtfvanity

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

WTF???

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 03:55:36 PM

http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/11/3976114/ron-paul-asks-un-to-strip-ronpaul-com-domain-from-supporters
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20130210/01422321932/ron-paul-un-hater-asks-un-to-take-ronpaulcom-forcefully-ron-pauls-biggest-supporters.shtml

Google is your friend.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
Littleshop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2013, 04:00:12 PM

What is going on here?

Ron Paul on the UN:

Link Please? What the heck are you rambling about?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ron+paul+domain

dotcom

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 04:44:14 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2013, 06:27:15 PM by dotcom

Because it would have killed you guys to have a link to the article in the first post like 90% of the threads on this board do?

I guess it's better than sending millions to die at war, lying to the american people on a regular basis, caring more about personal power than the rights and liberties of the people, kicking the can down the road when it comes to dealing with the deficit, trying to disarm citizens, advocating ridiculously high taxes and still letting our infrastructure fall apart, growing the already bloated military, and giving away billions of taxpayer money to foreign nations. Although I do try and not adhere to the "what my guy did was o.k. cuz the other guy did worse" mode of thinking.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2013, 04:51:21 PM

Let's not make a mountain out of a molehill here, because many libertarians believe in the concept of intellectual property.

Ron Paul wants ownership of his namesake domain, and he's not willing to pay for the privilege. Instead, the former Congressman and presidential candidate has forged a complaint with the UN's World Intellectual Property Organization asking the agency to grant him ownership of both RonPaul.com and RonPaul.org. "Ron Paul's name and his associated Ron Paul mark have become synonymous with the Complainant and his books, articles, public appearances, and political commentary," reads the complaint. "Ron Paul has no relationship with the Respondents and has not authorized the Respondents to use the Ron Paul name."

Ron Paul also served as a Congressman, although he despises politicians and Washington DC!!!  OMG hippokrit, how dare he work within the system?!!!111!?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2013, 05:00:21 PM

Ron Paul is actually right, I'd be pretty pissed if some twat took my real name and used it for political purposes without asking me first, yeah you can't go around taking other peoples names and stuff and using it for your own purposes like that. To illustrate things for you, it's a bit like with filesharing, no problems with that, but if you run around claiming that you're the one who made it and distributed it then you're definitely stealing and a fucking arsehole.

I've seen cases where people have even stolen other artists work on the internet and claimed it was theirs, when confronted with proof they played the denial game.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 07:51:42 PM

You must admit, this is pretty comical.  A website goes up to support Ron Paul.  Ron Paul himself wants to take it away.

I guess I can see it fairly from both sides.  You don't take a guy's name and expect him to just be cool about it.  However, it was done only to support him and everything he did.  If it were me, I'd probably just let them keep it.  They're working for me for free, after all.

Littleshop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2013, 09:39:21 PM

Ron Paul is actually right, I'd be pretty pissed if some twat took my real name and used it for political purposes without asking me first, yeah you can't go around taking other peoples names and stuff and using it for your own purposes like that. To illustrate things for you, it's a bit like with filesharing, no problems with that, but if you run around claiming that you're the one who made it and distributed it then you're definitely stealing and a fucking arsehole.

I've seen cases where people have even stolen other artists work on the internet and claimed it was theirs, when confronted with proof they played the denial game.

Except that they gave him millions of dollars in donations and he pretty much accepted their help during the last election cycle.  In no point in the past until now has it had anything but favorable information on Ron Paul.  It is clearly a pro Ron Paul site and has worked only to help him in the past. 

Copied from Slashdot:
From the horse's mouth [ronpaulforcongress.com]:

"We must stop special interests from violating property rights and literally driving families from their homes, farms and ranches. Today, we face a new threat of widespread eminent domain actions as a result of powerful interests who want to build a NAFTA superhighway through the United States from Mexico to Canada.

We also face another danger in regulatory takings: Through excess regulation, governments deprive property owners of significant value and use of their properties – all without paying ”just compensation".

Property rights are the foundation of all rights in a free society. Without the right to own a printing press, for example, freedom of the press becomes meaningless. Congress must work to get federal agencies out of these schemes to deny property owners their constitutional rights to life, liberty, and property."

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: