Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:21:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So what came first?  (Read 2069 times)
vite (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 04:45:04 PM

Humans or GOD?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 04:49:23 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2013, 07:01:04 PM by Akka

GOD is only four years old. What is this for a Question?

Also, we know that Humans build it. You are confusing me.  Huh

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 04:57:43 PM

dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 05:01:35 PM

God, being independent of time and space, cares little for your trival human notion of temporal continuity.
chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2013, 05:14:22 PM

what came first?

Humans or GOD?

Humans. God is a virgin.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2013, 06:19:17 PM

what came first?

Humans or GOD?

Humans. God is a virgin.

Not for long!

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 06:58:17 PM

Roll Eyes

Ask your pastor/rabbi/tribe leader  Grin  It's a simple question but it requires an educated background, of which not commonly found in religion as tradition conflicts with reason.  A better question is, why do Humans insist God?

It's like the question, chicken or the egg?  The chicken, of course.  The egg didn't magically appear out of thin air.  "But what hatched the chicken?"  Whatever it evolved from.

Rob E

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 06:59:52 PM

Well if you go of the premise that "god" created the universe ..The answer is???
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 07:02:50 PM

The answer is God.

Herein lies the problem  Smiley  You must assume God created the universe.  But if you didn't, that leaves the question: what created the universe?

I don't know.  There are theories, but nobody knows.  And so God persists.

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 07:08:25 PM

What came first? Birds or the tooth fairy?
Rob E

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 07:17:58 PM

Definition of what god is crucial to define.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 07:23:11 PM

Very good point.  If I said my God was a bar of soap I carved into the image of Bill Cosby, you'd have a hard time telling me it didn't exist.  If I said my God was all energy to exist in the universe, it'd be a little more tangible, even then.

However, as God is described in the popular religions, there are too many contradictions which need to be addressed.  They chose Gods which were too OP and totally unbelievable, like the characters in Twilight.  Not Bella, but she had the personality of a desk.  This would essentially require a rewriting of the various Bibles.  To fill in the plot holes  Shocked  Which could never happen, as they are sacred.

Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 07:28:11 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2013, 07:38:53 PM by Akka

GOD is only four years old. What is this for a Question?

Also, we know that Humans build it. You are confusing me.  Huh

I was of course talking about the Global Observation Device.

The Satellite Network

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 07:42:38 PM

You can't have a God without a human. God came into existence when some caveman asked the clan chief "Just what the hell is the Sun?".  Ever since then the story has been getting more elaborate.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
interlagos

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 07:59:20 PM

The question in the OP implies there is a difference, where in fact there isn't.
We all create the Universe as we go by observing it.
Think of it as a Universal Blockchain of consensus reality in which everyone of us has some divine hashpower.
"Us" doesn't imply just humans, but all beings.
Rob E

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 08:08:21 PM

You can't have a God without a human. God came into existence when some caveman asked the clan chief "Just what the hell is the Sun?".  Ever since then the story has been getting more elaborate.
I don't think cavemen worshiped any gods. Only humans did. I mean human beings because the difference between human beings and cavemen is pretty pretty spectacular, there's a huge chasm in the progression of development from apelike creatures all the way up to what is now" Human beings". 
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 08:16:34 PM

At the same time, evolution does not occur in the way you describe.  Cavemen were humans, and slowly evolved into what we are now.  There is no simple caveman/human line you can draw.  As RodeoX described (excellent insight btw, totally forgot about that), at some point in time, someone tried to describe the sun, and the wind, and the moon, and the stars, and thus, all were assigned gods--how else would they describe it?

It could be argued god/God is born from ignorance--which isn't an insult.  People back then really just didn't know, and it wasn't their fault.  It's only an insult nowadays because now we do know what the sun, and the wind, and the moon, and the stars are.  We know what causes floods and what causes lightning.  We know there's no tangible heaven or hell.  It was easy, in the time of early man, to believe such things, because it made more sense than "I dunno."  If nothing else, religion was a stepping stone, a product of man's imagination, the earliest of sciences.  But a couple thousand years later and it's like beating your head on the desk, screaming, "We already figured this stuff out!"

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 08:26:46 PM

I don't think cavemen worshiped any gods. Only humans did. I mean human beings because the difference between human beings and cavemen is pretty pretty spectacular, there's a huge chasm in the progression of development from apelike creatures all the way up to what is now" Human beings". 
I totally agree. By caveman I meant an early Homo sapien, not a Neanderthal or one of the other humanoid relatives.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Rob E

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 08:58:27 PM

At the same time, evolution does not occur in the way you describe.  Cavemen were humans, and slowly evolved into what we are now.
  There is no simple caveman/human line you can draw.  As RodeoX described (excellent insight btw, totally forgot about that), at some point in time, someone tried to describe the sun, and the wind, and the moon, and the stars, and thus, all were assigned gods--how else would they describe it?

It could be argued god/God is born from ignorance--which isn't an insult.  People back then really just didn't know, and it wasn't their fault.  It's only an insult nowadays because now we do know what the sun, and the wind, and the moon, and the stars are.  We know what causes floods and what causes lightning.  We know there's no tangible heaven or hell.  It was easy, in the time of early man, to believe such things, because it made more sense than "I dunno."  If nothing else, religion was a stepping stone, a product of man's imagination, the earliest of sciences.  But a couple thousand years later and it's like beating your head on the desk, screaming, "We already figured this stuff out!"
Well that's just part of the evolutionary theory which can easily be  blown full of holes, there' have been a nr of  "missing links" claims  for example turned out to be hoaxes. The evolutionary link between human beings and apelike creatures still has to be found one moment were dragging knuckles next thing were shaving. There's two different species, they draw in the missing bits to make it LOOk like we progressed from apes but truth is there is no evidence for two or three drawings which they show and which supposed to prove we stemmed from the apes. There's a huge evolutionary gap.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 09:08:15 PM

At the same time, evolution does not occur in the way you describe.  Cavemen were humans, and slowly evolved into what we are now.
  There is no simple caveman/human line you can draw.  As RodeoX described (excellent insight btw, totally forgot about that), at some point in time, someone tried to describe the sun, and the wind, and the moon, and the stars, and thus, all were assigned gods--how else would they describe it?

Well that's just theory evolutionary theory which can easily be  blown full of holes, there' have been a nr of  "missing links" claims  for example turned out to be hoaxes. The evolutionary link between human beings and apelike creatures still has to be found one moment were dragging knuckles next thing were shaving. There's two different species, they draw in the missing bits to make it LOOk like we progressed from apes but truth is there is no evidence for two or three drawings which they show and which supposed to prove we stemmed from the apes. There's a huge evolutionary gap.

I'll agree with you there, all theories are theories, and sometimes they have many parts which are hard to connect.  Newer theories overtake older theories, and science chugs onward.  But I feel some theories, like the theory of evolution, make more sense than other theories, like the theory of creation.  Even Newton's laws, which are taught in all schools by now, are still just theories--and even his are being overtaken by others (which sadly aren't being taught or acknowledged, but that's another story.)

The difference being, anyone can test the theory of evolution, and create a new, more improved theory.  The theory of creation, however, is not only extremely old, but designed to be absolute and untouchable, or, due to its method of inception, 'sacred.'  If nothing else, I cannot agree with a theory which does not allow itself changes.  Ideas evolve, and they always will.  Religion pretends not to evolve, and protects its archaic theories to death.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: