Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:35:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So what came first?  (Read 2069 times)
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2013, 10:53:03 PM

yeh but there is only "irrefutable" evidence in word not in actual evidence itself. And if you like to call them " transitional fossils " instead of missing links that doesn't really make a lot of difference we still know what we're talking about, actually transitional already expects that the fossil will be present which is misleading.

What I'm saying is, there will always be "missing" links unless someone can catalog each and every one of the countless ancestors that lived between you and the first strand of amino acids that began reproducing itself billions of years ago.

Irrefutable: Impossible to refute or disprove; incontrovertible

The fossils are present. What is misleading about this?

Australopithecus sediba

Still around.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rob E

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 11:24:29 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2013, 11:53:12 PM by Rob E

yeh but there is only "irrefutable" evidence in word not in actual evidence itself. And if you like to call them " transitional fossils " instead of missing links that doesn't really make a lot of difference we still know what we're talking about, actually transitional already expects that the fossil will be present which is misleading.

What I'm saying is, there will always be "missing" links unless someone can catalog each and every one of the countless ancestors that lived between you and the first strand of amino acids that began reproducing itself billions of years ago.

Irrefutable: Impossible to refute or disprove; incontrovertible

The fossils are present. What is misleading about this?

Australopithecus sediba
Ok but that means that the theory of evolution accepts such things as missing links or Transitional fossils in it's theory.
Even if they are Huuge gap of missing transitional fossils. What if those gaps where interventions by extra-terstrial divine or some other out side force (es).
Rob E

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 11:47:58 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2013, 12:17:50 AM by Rob E

Going from single celled life form to 34 (?) different Phyla, of which all known life forms, we know of today stemmed, in a blink of an eye, without any transitionary fossil evidence; or going from hairy ape like creatures who could tear a now a day human being from limb to limb, to homo novis,  without any transitionary fossil evidence.. does not boggle the mind. . Maybe we've just been programmed to believe an evolutionary theory. .
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 02:13:51 PM

No but it's good to talk about these things. And maybe look at how we've been programmed to think, through our . educational systems.
I totally agree with you. I once had my students try to fly. I asked them if they had tried to fly, or just believed they could not fly because they had been told so.  You are also asking some good questions. The Cambrian explosion is somewhat of a mystery in biology. Even more inexplicable is where life itself comes from. Is it a weird quantum phenomena, is life unusual in the universe, did it even start here? I don't know, and I teach this stuff. So questioning is always appropriate in science.  

We cant, however, ignore the evidence we do find. In over 150 years of tests and observation no findings contradict the theory of evolution. Indeed we now see how it works right down to the chemical process of DNA. We see that all living things are really expressions of this chemical and even contain a record of how all these forms are related. By looking at fossils we can tell something about creatures from the past and track how their bodies change and become different species over time. We can even directly observe evolution in short lived organisms like germs.

Why it happened, what it means, is a different question.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
interlagos

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 03:17:14 PM

"You are what you've been looking for"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyf38s4pjD0

Seek no more! Smiley
Rob E

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 01:07:30 AM

No but it's good to talk about these things. And maybe look at how we've been programmed to think, through our . educational systems.
I totally agree with you. I once had my students try to fly. I asked them if they had tried to fly, or just believed they could not fly because they had been told so.  You are also asking some good questions. The Cambrian explosion is somewhat of a mystery in biology. Even more inexplicable is where life itself comes from. Is it a weird quantum phenomena, is life unusual in the universe, did it even start here? I don't know, and I teach this stuff. So questioning is always appropriate in science.  

We cant, however, ignore the evidence we do find. In over 150 years of tests and observation no findings contradict the theory of evolution. Indeed we now see how it works right down to the chemical process of DNA. We see that all living things are really expressions of this chemical and even contain a record of how all these forms are related. By looking at fossils we can tell something about creatures from the past and track how their bodies change and become different species over time. We can even directly observe evolution in short lived organisms like germs.

Why it happened, what it means, is a different question.

Well then it feels like you're telling me that life is basically chemical bonds and matter ..I find this
 hard to accept. .
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 03:03:35 PM

Well then it feels like you're telling me that life is basically chemical bonds and matter ..I find this
 hard to accept. .
It must be more than that or we would likely be able to make living thing from scratch. But there is no question that DNA is the code used to make all living things. With a tiny speck of your body a new you could be cloned. One could even throw in a little jellyfish DNA to make your skin glow in UV light. We are all DNA based creatures.
Maybe life is quantum? Here is what Penrose and Hameroff are looking into. They are more concerned about conciousness, but they may be onto something about all life.
http://www.quantumconsciousness.org/Cosmology160.html

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: