Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:35:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCS Dumping SP35s for SP50s  (Read 3612 times)
scyth3 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 01:30:51 AM

BTCS is dumping their SP35s. Does that mean SP50 soon? They said they had 120 units to sell.

Proof: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121950645150
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1855

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 01:59:05 AM

Will they sell at that price, what with being able to buy something a third the size and power consumption for about the same hashrate (and less noise) for the same money or less in brand new gear?

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
kilo17
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 02:50:20 AM

The truth is they are now mining Ethereum, maybe they are going to load up on GPU's  Grin

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 04:53:55 AM

BTCS is dumping their SP35s. Does that mean SP50 soon? They said they had 120 units to sell.

Proof: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121950645150

I don't think it proves anything on SP50.  There are a few other miners I think are more likely if it really is close to next gen.  I just don't think SP50 is past rendering maybe some R/D.  But not near ready to sale.

And I could be totally wrong all speculation.
ATCkit

Activity: 786

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 11:01:48 PM

Will they sell at that price, what with being able to buy something a third the size and power consumption for about the same hashrate (and less noise) for the same money or less in brand new gear?

I doubt they will sell at that price. They will do well to get half that.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 09:22:56 AM

The next SEC filing will be interesting. Either they'll say their data center is empty and they sold the miners for cashflow, or they'll trumpet the arrival of something else. Doesn't make that much sense to be taking SP35s offline if they're profitable and you've got all that spare data center capacity we keep hearing about.

alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 10:38:35 PM

For the SP35 to make economic sense, you have to have electricity at well under 8 cents/KWh. And that assumes you don't mind making less than 24 cents/day (profit) for your effort. The SP35 seems like it's more like a $.04 or less in terms electricity price, until the halving that is......

As for the SP50, well it would sure be nice to know what's real and what isn't!!!!
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 06:53:31 PM

No confirmation the SP50 is in production.  They may sell at that price, I am selling one SP31 unit for $500.00 plus shipping.

-D

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
IanQuinn

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 05:30:10 AM

BTCS is most likely selling for cash flow.  Mining in North Carolina has to be expensive with industrial electric rate over 6 cents.

I think the SP50 have been touted for so long, that it may never happen.  If they do they better redesign or re-configure because they are so out dated now.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 05:55:58 PM

No confirmation the SP50 is in production.  They may sell at that price, I am selling one SP31 unit for $500.00 plus shipping.

-D

SP50 has more questions then anwsers at this point.  And even if they do make it bitfury beats them on specs (at least announced ones) by 1/2 on efficiency.  So will be hard to sell a data center sized miner when they can get a machine twice as a efficient.

I would like to hear more about SP50.  But I think silence speaks a lot.  For what it's worth I hope SP scraps SP50 comes up with new chips and makes it more SP30-35 size that home miners might buy, but I don't see this happening.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 01:49:54 PM

worth keeping in mind that it includes two powerful PSUs (at $150 value each likely), so its not purely a $/hashrate issue like with the antminer

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
tntdgcr

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

Bitcoin Mining Hosting

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 02:06:05 PM

worth keeping in mind that it includes two powerful PSUs (at $150 value each likely), so its not purely a $/hashrate issue like with the antminer

and since SP doesn't sell replacements, that value sticks in multiple venues of sale.

OregonMines is expanding. Are you expanding with us?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 06:31:37 PM

and since SP doesn't sell replacements, that value sticks in multiple venues of sale.

That brings up another issue though.  If you have a problem with say hashing board or some component you likely are going to have to use secondary market just like you talk on PSU's.  So keeping PSU's is great for re-sale, but if you have a problem with any  components it's not so great due to high prices of secondary market in most cases.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 07:25:01 PM

really 600 bucks ive seen them cheaper on the forums market or thought i did .

That''s eBay to .

Silver Spring, Maryland 

real close to me i could go pick that up but I'm not wasting 600 bucks on something that can become out dated worse then it is now in may be 2 months for sure no RoI if that's your,thing.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 10:10:42 PM

really 600 bucks ive seen them cheaper on the forums market or thought i did .

That''s eBay to .

Silver Spring, Maryland 

real close to me i could go pick that up but I'm not wasting 600 bucks on something that can become out dated worse then it is now in may be 2 months for sure no RoI if that's your,thing.

Due to ebay risk you get more selling there.  I have risked it on some miners only bit me on a R1 they got bored of and got ebay to agree to a return for no good reason.  But also there is ebay/paypal fees which add up.  Those fees plus risk of selling there is why ebay always brings more then forum.  People are willing to pay more with paypal backing then with BTC in most cases.   

I still wonder what they will do with space though the more I think about it.  If they sell miners a empty data center is not very profitable.
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 10:28:37 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2016, 11:33:11 PM by toptek

I still wonder what they will do with space though the more I think about it.  If they sell miners a empty data center is not very profitable.

good point maybe they bit off more then they can chew ... now they have to sell it off to pay off everyone including the building/s if they own it/them.

or the SP50 is ready and they are keeping it a really big secret which is hard to believe but a possibility.

or they plan to jack up the Diff with the SP 50 so high home mining will finally be dead and no one will sell to home users including bitmain or will but you would have to buy a 100 k worth of stuff and set up your own in home data center not with one to 10 or more miner in your home I'm talking were you would have to add a building to your home and would need a permit to do it and run it or rent a building some place for your own data center, which at that point you would need to do, then once home mining is finally dead take over the network or try to, at that point bitcoins could become worthless.

can't say other wise or understand why anyone would want that or do know why but don't understand why it really doesn't hurt them, who knows

That's another possibility a evil one but possible.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 12:33:34 AM

I still wonder what they will do with space though the more I think about it.  If they sell miners a empty data center is not very profitable.

good point maybe they bit off more then they can chew ... now they have to sell it off to pay off everyone including the building/s if they own it/them.

or the SP50 is ready and they are keeping it a really big secret which is hard to believe but a possibility.

or they plan to jack up the Diff with the SP 50 so high home mining will finally be dead and no one will sell to home users including bitmain or will but you would have to buy a 100 k worth of stuff and set up your own in home data center not with one to 10 or more miner in your home I'm talking were you would have to add a building to your home and would need a permit to do it and run it or rent a building some place for your own data center, which at that point you would need to do, then once home mining is finally dead take over the network or try to, at that point bitcoins could become worthless.

can't say other wise or understand why anyone would want that or do know why but don't understand why it really doesn't hurt them, who knows

One thing I thought of if they are not getting SP50 anytime soon (which nothing shows it being close).  The SP35 is 0.66W/GH/s on efficiency.  If you look at a S7 they are "Power Efficiency: 0.25 J/GH (at the wall, with APW3, 93% efficiency, 25°C ambient temp)". 

They could sell off and put in S7's and save a fortune in electricity.  I don't know if they are that desperate but just looking at efficiency it makes sense to get newer gen.  Or even next gen from Bitfury and fill up a data center with it once it hits market a even bigger savings.
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 12:34:15 AM

Seems right:  http://www.bitcoinupdate.nl/home/btcs-zijn-hun-spondoolies-sp35-bitcoin-miner-aan-het-dumpen

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 02:26:27 AM

now they have to sell it off to pay off everyone including the building/s if they own it/them.

They signed a long ass lease on the building with some sort of rent to buy clause IIRC. They're no where close to buying though, so they're currently in a long ass lease for a seemingly empty "data center".

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 03:04:43 AM

One thing I thought of if they are not getting SP50 anytime soon (which nothing shows it being close).  The SP35 is 0.66W/GH/s on efficiency.  If you look at a S7 they are "Power Efficiency: 0.25 J/GH (at the wall, with APW3, 93% efficiency, 25°C ambient temp)".  

They could sell off and put in S7's and save a fortune in electricity.  I don't know if they are that desperate but just looking at efficiency it makes sense to get newer gen.  Or even next gen from Bitfury and fill up a data center with it once it hits market a even bigger savings.

I thought of that to sell what they have and buy more efficient miners but i was thinking the a6 there more stable. they can't let it set bills will pile up and drain bank accounts fast.even in china if that's were it's all based at.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: