Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:53:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCS Dumping SP35s for SP50s  (Read 3612 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 03:27:33 AM

I still wonder what they will do with space though the more I think about it.  If they sell miners a empty data center is not very profitable.

good point maybe they bit off more then they can chew ... now they have to sell it off to pay off everyone including the building/s if they own it/them.

or the SP50 is ready and they are keeping it a really big secret which is hard to believe but a possibility.

or they plan to jack up the Diff with the SP 50 so high home mining will finally be dead and no one will sell to home users including bitmain or will but you would have to buy a 100 k worth of stuff and set up your own in home data center not with one to 10 or more miner in your home I'm talking were you would have to add a building to your home and would need a permit to do it and run it or rent a building some place for your own data center, which at that point you would need to do, then once home mining is finally dead take over the network or try to, at that point bitcoins could become worthless.

can't say other wise or understand why anyone would want that or do know why but don't understand why it really doesn't hurt them, who knows

That's another possibility a evil one but possible.

One thing I thought of if they are not getting SP50 anytime soon (which nothing shows it being close).  The SP35 is 0.66W/GH/s on efficiency.  If you look at a S7 they are "Power Efficiency: 0.25 J/GH (at the wall, with APW3, 93% efficiency, 25°C ambient temp)".  

They could sell off and put in S7's and save a fortune in electricity.  I don't know if they are that desperate but just looking at efficiency it makes sense to get newer gen.  Or even next gen from Bitfury and fill up a data center with it once it hits market a even bigger savings.

I thought of that to sell what they have and buy more efficient miners but i was thinking the a6 there more stable. they can't let it set bills will pile up and drain bank accounts fast.even in china if that's were it's all based at.

It makes sense financially with getting 1/2 better efficiency.  So cut electricity costs in half would be HUGE on a large operation.  But for them to buy A6 or S7 would kinda be giving up in way's.  But they might not publish it.

The reason of S7 was coupon price I was thinking.  A large mega mine size it's hard to tell what they would get on pricing but I would guess pretty good.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 04:18:49 AM

I still wonder what they will do with space though the more I think about it.  If they sell miners a empty data center is not very profitable.

good point maybe they bit off more then they can chew ... now they have to sell it off to pay off everyone including the building/s if they own it/them.

or the SP50 is ready and they are keeping it a really big secret which is hard to believe but a possibility.

or they plan to jack up the Diff with the SP 50 so high home mining will finally be dead and no one will sell to home users including bitmain or will but you would have to buy a 100 k worth of stuff and set up your own in home data center not with one to 10 or more miner in your home I'm talking were you would have to add a building to your home and would need a permit to do it and run it or rent a building some place for your own data center, which at that point you would need to do, then once home mining is finally dead take over the network or try to, at that point bitcoins could become worthless.

can't say other wise or understand why anyone would want that or do know why but don't understand why it really doesn't hurt them, who knows

Finally someone see's the future as I see it.....unfortunately  Cry

Corporate greed knows NO bounds,you folks that live in the US should know this  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 06:07:02 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 08:49:19 AM by toptek

Finally someone see's the future as I see it.....unfortunately  Cry

Corporate greed knows NO bounds,you folks that live in the US should know this  Roll Eyes

Don't we with this shit Verizon is pulling and the Verizon strike, my ISP went from very stable to crap once it all started . Verizon has made this year so far alone if all the BS is true that is coming out 1.18 billion per month they want to screw us even more with net neutrally by stopping it so they can make there own rules which won't be good for any one but them and there all ready nice bank accounts and have only paid 5 years of taxes for the last 15 years it's all  legal that's the sad part and then they wonder why every one is so upset because to them sense it's ok by law to screw over your follow man or woman for money no matter how immortal it is sense the law allows it is OK to do  that all started with bash JR you can't tell me different they won't let that tax law expire he exacted guess not the middle class pays more then the upper class in taxes or millionaire with that law.  

in my state BG and E and one reason i went solar till that gets greeded over on they want us to foot the bill for smart meters no one wanted plus pay some kind of under ground fee the city is making them pay plus a 4 % increases on the bill they get every year sense 2014 and the CEO excuse is, it is needed to continue to give us good service when a few years ago with the same CEO they got sued for bad service by the state no one heard to much about and the only real reason they keep it up they don't want to be sued again or fined big time because they can't recover that in any way or are hiding  something  but bet they sure have tried so now the new thing is charge the customer as much as poss even if they can't pay it .

BG and E made for it's investor last year 275 million reported I'm sure it was more they only report what they have to legally, that makes you wonder how much profit above that they all made .

I hate to think what it will be like once bitcoins actually becomes a big deal in the US which it's not yet but it getting there and coin base becomes even bigger then what they are now .

it's a never ending story with no end in site till our leaders step in which they won't they have to much to lose they think but if they do and if it's Bernie he won't put up with it,he has showed that up till now , i do hope he keeps meaning it if he does get in the white house or Clinton it won't be her calling the shots sense Bill can't run again, bet on that . BC  had us in the black till bash JR and his team stepped in, then it all went to hell.and notice i did not say re-pubs or demo there all to blame and fall to greed .

Trumps a joke

and then there is the insurance company's i wont even commit on other then say im fighting them over getting durable medial supply's i need i will finally get I still have to pay for which i don't mind it was the 45 % share  i had to pay before i fought it, i refused to.

all the above because of Corporate greed and that just some of it .....

So all that said , i hope the reason sp is doing that is not to try and control things but there pride won't let them admit they went the wrong way that's very understandable if so.

bitfury well see if they really care.

Innosilicon we know how they roll they will sell high all ways and all ways will.

BW might be the ones to watch they may supize us not counting it but they may .

Bitmain our only real go to right now

other then

Avalon with them you never know till it's done and there are all ways higher then bitmain i guess they have to be to keep up but there product is good .

need i go on

cya

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:50:18 AM

As I have said for 8 months,BTC mining for individuals is done (unless you have a VERY,VERY cheap source for power)!!!

NONE of the BTC hardware producers give a rats ass about ANY of us (since they know its true)............it's all about MAXIMIZING profit at any cost  Roll Eyes

Toptek,I hear ya loud & clear...but Hillary will be nominated,she had the Koch bros & George Soros & the wallstreet & banker buds pay for it already(superdelegates & other crap)  Angry

Sooo,I guess Mikestang will be here soon to holler "ONLY TALK ABOUT BTC HERE!!!!!!"  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:55:36 AM

As I have said for 8 months,BTC mining for individuals is done (unless you have a VERY,VERY cheap source for power)!!!

NONE of the BTC hardware producers give a rats ass about ANY of us (since they know its true)............it's all about MAXIMIZING profit at any cost  Roll Eyes

Toptek,I hear ya loud & clear...but Hillary will be nominated,she had the Koch bros & George Soros & the wallstreet & banker buds pay for it already(superdelegates & other crap)  Angry

Sooo,I guess Mikestang will be here soon to holler "ONLY TALK ABOUT BTC HERE!!!!!!"  Wink

yup lol

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 09:26:05 AM

He is correct. My buddy finally ROI'd on his Antminer S7 Batch 1 that he bought in September. He made $0 so far, only profit is the value of the miner itself. And he was lucky because he had the PSUs already and FREE ELECTRICITY!.

Bitmain screwed him by offering the same miner at almost 1/4th the original cost and killed any decent resell value.

Future miners will be the same unless we get more than one competitor.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 01:43:46 PM

To be fair, when B1 S7 rolled out, everyone looked at it and said yeah that's overpriced by many hundreds of dollars and even with free electric it might never break even. Really, anyone who bought it was asking to be ripped off.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 04:52:59 PM

He made $0 so far, only profit is the value of the miner itself.
That is still profit, whether in $, btc, coconuts or miners.

And he was lucky because he had the PSUs already
PSUs are not consumed during mining, they are a required asset with a small depreciation cost.

Bitmain screwed him by offering the same miner at almost 1/4th the original cost and killed any decent resell value.
That's not Bitmain's fault at all - they offered him a price, he accepted the price and completed the transaction. Anything that happens past that date with further transactions are nothing to do with him.

Instead of bitching that a corporate entity is trying to make money, why don't we take a minute and thank Bitmain for selling to us peasants at all. If they went the Bitfury / any other large manufacturer route of going to VCs to raising a bazillion dollars in order to build private super farms with the latest gen, we'd all be bystanders to Bitcoin. There'd be no protocol voting, no slush voting, nothing.

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:11:57 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 08:34:33 PM by toptek

He made $0 so far, only profit is the value of the miner itself.
That is still profit, whether in $, btc, coconuts or miners.

And he was lucky because he had the PSUs already
PSUs are not consumed during mining, they are a required asset with a small depreciation cost.

That's not Bitmain's fault at all - they offered him a price, he accepted the price and completed the transaction. Anything that happens past that date with further transactions are nothing to do with him.

Instead of bitching that a corporate entity is trying to make money, why don't we take a minute and thank Bitmain for selling to us peasants at all. If they went the Bitfury / any other large manufacturer route of going to VCs to raisi.

his point behind that comment is there not trying they are and we know they don't have to and i have thanked them then they shit on me  . and others and we do need one or two more who are not greedie and know it won't hurt them to let home mining continue and it won't . it all started in a home they all seem to forget that some Aug every day joe made them all rich the least they can do is sell to us. it won't hurt them. one time bitmain offered me a price i go to buy it then they jacked it up i let it go so your wrong to some degree. some times some of your comments make me think you sold out or some one is paying you to say some of that stuff other wise your ok with me but when you start  taking up for the big guys trust me they don't need it and will leave you standing unless your being paid to say the stuff you do.

don't take it personal i don't mean as a attack .

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 08:43:13 PM

[Your quote layers have messed up]

it all started in a home
If you're referring to Bitmain, it did not.

they all seem to forget that some Aug every day joe made them all rich the least they can do is sell to us.
That's entitlement not reality. Just like you can't walk into an Apple store and demand a new MacBook Pro for half price because you bought an Apple PC in 1997.

bitmain offered me a price i go to buy it then they jacked it up
You are free to accept or decline any offer at any time just as you did - and that's fine. Its not fine to receive an offer, accept the offer then bitch about the person you accepted the offer from because things didn't work out like you thought it would.

some times some of your comments make me think you sold out or some one is paying you to say some of that stuff other wise your ok with me but when you start up taking up for the big guys trust me they don't need it and will leave you standing unless your being paid to say the stuff you do.
I am not on anyone's books. I have also never sold out nor altered or censored my opinion in any way, ever. If I had I'd be a hell of a lot richer that's for sure.

My point of defending these 'big corporations' is that no one is on their side and its always their fault for everything apparently. The continued rhetoric on here is often "fuck Bitmain / big companies / corporations / capitalism / China / foreigners" and not only is it tiring but bigoted and contrary to all logic.

philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7853

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 10:11:33 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 10:35:00 PM by philipma1957

[Your quote layers have messed up]

it all started in a home
If you're referring to Bitmain, it did not.

they all seem to forget that some Aug every day joe made them all rich the least they can do is sell to us.
That's entitlement not reality. Just like you can't walk into an Apple store and demand a new MacBook Pro for half price because you bought an Apple PC in 1997.

bitmain offered me a price i go to buy it then they jacked it up
You are free to accept or decline any offer at any time just as you did - and that's fine. Its not fine to receive an offer, accept the offer then bitch about the person you accepted the offer from because things didn't work out like you thought it would.

some times some of your comments make me think you sold out or some one is paying you to say some of that stuff other wise your ok with me but when you start up taking up for the big guys trust me they don't need it and will leave you standing unless your being paid to say the stuff you do.
I am not on anyone's books. I have also never sold out nor altered or censored my opinion in any way, ever. If I had I'd be a hell of a lot richer that's for sure.

My point of defending these 'big corporations' is that no one is on their side and its always their fault for everything apparently. The continued rhetoric on here is often "fuck Bitmain / big companies / corporations / capitalism / China / foreigners" and not only is it tiring but bigoted and contrary to all logic.

Fuck bitmaintech they are yet to pay me for my under hashing batch 1 miner.
They never answered my emails or complaints.
They owe me 67 to 150 usd on that miner.

Now to be fair the batch then sent to me one month later hashes at 5100 vs 4600 rating and when clocked to freq 480 is gives me .24 watts to a gh on a seasonic platinum psu.

They also sold 2 dog batch 1 s-3s to me.

Btw I made really good money with it.

The point of me saying fuck them is they ignored me.

Now I went and purchased 16 more pieces from them and each time I asked for a 67 to 150 usd discount.

To make up for the shit batch 1 s7

Frankly I would forgive them since I made money for those sales of the 16 for clients.
But I do not forgive because I also purchased 1 more batch 1 for hosting by li in China

Those all under hashed and I did get a 65 or 67 dollar refund.

So if the sale is in China they fixed it but the sale to the USA they did not.

So fuck bitmaintech   Of course if they were to admit they fucked me and apoligze to me I am willing to accept an apology from them.

They won't.  So fuck them.

I never spoke badly about them until they disrespected me.

With a move that was pro Chinese and anti American .

They still could fix it but like I said they won't.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 11:11:13 PM

Big corporations are as bad they appear any place on earth they will sell there own mom so to speak for millions.

Show ME once were I said anything raciest, i have been very careful not to .I wanted to a few times but i respected them.  o boy some of the thing i wanted to but won't. I 'm willing to bet they call us some names we don't hear .

by it all started the guy that created the idea of bitcoins it was never really meant to do what it did . or make anyone rich and now they want to destroy it or abuse it so bad and shut everyone out and keep it for there self . if it wasn't for us would it be were it is NO .

I need to let it go before i get kicked off the forums.

cya

scyth3 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 11:13:33 PM

Don't buy from them, if you don't like them.

No point in whining about it.

Vote with your money.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 07:59:19 PM

Don't buy from them, if you don't like them.

No point in whining about it.

Vote with your money.

Even if they sell I think it's a bandaid so I don't see this as being huge savior for them.  They honestly would have to get other manufactures gear I think with money to make a difference...... which might look odd on their report to investors.    So I'm not sure they are willing to do this.

And SP50... I still don't see happening without a redo of chip's going in it.   And I don't think they ever were able to make those chips even.  So again I'm not sure feasible.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 06:54:45 PM

To be fair, when B1 S7 rolled out, everyone looked at it and said yeah that's overpriced by many hundreds of dollars and even with free electric it might never break even. Really, anyone who bought it was asking to be ripped off.

agreed. it was like 1.7BTC/TH initially IIRC, when ~1.2BTC/TH would have been reasonable. but noone was forcing people to buy hardware without doing the propoer cost analysis and predicting the price/difficulty movements of the future.

IMO best time to buy miners is when the BTC price is peaking out, or starting to dip. liquidate coins into hardware at a fair price, and watch as BTC value drops, difficulty stagnates, and your hardware preserves its $fiat value. I rode out the $1000->$300 bearish period quite well doing this, and drastically cut my losses in comparison to having simply held coins

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 06:58:45 PM

Will they sell at that price, what with being able to buy something a third the size and power consumption for about the same hashrate (and less noise) for the same money or less in brand new gear?

worth keeping in mind that it includes two powerful PSUs (at $150 value each likely), so its not purely a $/hashrate issue like with the antminer

and since SP doesn't sell replacements, that value sticks in multiple venues of sale.

That brings up another issue though.  If you have a problem with say hashing board or some component you likely are going to have to use secondary market just like you talk on PSU's.  So keeping PSU's is great for re-sale, but if you have a problem with any  components it's not so great due to high prices of secondary market in most cases.

has anyone been able to run the SPxx series without the natively-included power supplies?  A while back i tried to put an Sp10 PSU in an SP3X and it just wouldn't recognize it or mine on that board. It would be neat if there was a way to run an undervolted Sp3x on a single PSU (the native one or an external) and liquidate the fancy internal PSUs

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2016, 10:25:17 PM

has anyone been able to run the SPxx series without the natively-included power supplies?  A while back i tried to put an Sp10 PSU in an SP3X and it just wouldn't recognize it or mine on that board. It would be neat if there was a way to run an undervolted Sp3x on a single PSU (the native one or an external) and liquidate the fancy internal PSUs

I've not seen anyone do that yet. SP10 might have different PSU pinout, but if it doesn't try setting the PSU setting to generic. I don't see you being able to run both hashboards off one PSU though as their power is segregated from each other.

Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 10:37:31 PM

yup lol

This Mikestang will f*ck your topic up if you say one alt coin name in your topic. lol
I found his "ONLY TALK ABOUT BTC HERE!!!!!!" many time`s the last view weeks.
Happy to see real moderators are removing is quotes now.

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 12:00:58 AM

yup lol

This Mikestang will f*ck your topic up if you say one alt coin name in your topic. lol
I found his "ONLY TALK ABOUT BTC HERE!!!!!!" many time`s the last view weeks.
Happy to see real moderators are removing is quotes now.

I've been around here since 2011,I've seen em come & go....this is a great forum & yes things get off topic from time to time.But mostly not for long.

But we don't need wanna be mods  Tongue  Cheesy

Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:45:07 PM

Guys, bit of a n00b question, how do we know for sure it`s BTCS eBay account?
And anyone of you here buy something in the past from them?

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: