Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:00:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about Slush's pool  (Read 1020 times)
Shadowman (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 06:16:21 PM

Hi...I only discovered BitCoin mining 3 days ago and decided to join Slush's pool.

I have been mining with them for 2 days now at an average of 25 Mhash/s. I know that's pretty week and that the electricity cost greatly out weighs what I will earn 100 fold; but still it is interesting to me, so I will continue to mine until I reach a few bitcoins (Which will probably take a few months).

My question is this though.

I have noticed that every time I get a share my score rating increases a little and ergo my estimated earning increases with each recent share obtained, and if a share hasn't been earned in a few minutes the earnings decrease, but what happens to the score rating/estimated earnings for the person who actually solves and finishes the block?

Say I am the person who solves the blockchain for Slush's pool, does my score increase alot more than it would for finding "Shares" (Whatever shares are and how they're found)?.

What I am basically asking is will I get a "fairer" payout than the 0.00029045 I am earning at every solved block and get say a 0.1 earning or something, or is it still just distributed based on "Shares"?

I think it would be more sound to to more to the person who actually solved the block, does this happen?

Thanks.

Oh and I am running an Nvidia 635m graphics card, and it reaches temperatures of up 75 celsius, Is this too much for it to handle? Is it above it's threshold?

Thanks again, from a Newbie.   Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Aahzman

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 10:33:10 PM

Hi...I only discovered BitCoin mining 3 days ago and decided to join Slush's pool.

I have been mining with them for 2 days now at an average of 25 Mhash/s. I know that's pretty week and that the electricity cost greatly out weighs what I will earn 100 fold; but still it is interesting to me, so I will continue to mine until I reach a few bitcoins (Which will probably take a few months).

My question is this though.

I have noticed that every time I get a share my score rating increases a little and ergo my estimated earning increases with each recent share obtained, and if a share hasn't been earned in a few minutes the earnings decrease, but what happens to the score rating/estimated earnings for the person who actually solves and finishes the block?

Say I am the person who solves the blockchain for Slush's pool, does my score increase alot more than it would for finding "Shares" (Whatever shares are and how they're found)?.

What I am basically asking is will I get a "fairer" payout than the 0.00029045 I am earning at every solved block and get say a 0.1 earning or something, or is it still just distributed based on "Shares"?

I think it would be more sound to to more to the person who actually solved the block, does this happen?

Thanks.

Oh and I am running an Nvidia 635m graphics card, and it reaches temperatures of up 75 celsius, Is this too much for it to handle? Is it above it's threshold?

Thanks again, from a Newbie.   Grin

1) No, there's no "bonus" for being the worker drone that finds the golden honey nugget and brings it to the queen bee.
2) Stop mining on your laptop GPU. 25Mhash isn't even worth the damage/wear you are doing to your GPU and nearby components inside your laptop. It's not even earning you enough to cover the extra electricity being consumed running the GPU at a high workload for long periods of time.
3) If you want to mine, pre-order a ButterFly Labs ASIC miner. They start at $149USD+shipping. They haven't started shipping yet. Many folks consider BFL's ASICs to be vaporware and are convinced they'll never ship and we're all gonna lose our pre-order deposits/payments. Do some research and decide if you wanna eat a little risk and get on the ASIC bandwagon.

xorxor

Activity: 476
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 01:01:50 AM

yup. do NOT mine on mobile VGA !!!  its an execution, device dead in 3...2...1...

fuck deeponion, fuck bitcoincash, all glory to one BITCOIN
BuhTuglia

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2013, 07:35:55 PM

Howdy.

Another dumb question, to hang proudly in my "Great Hall of Dumbness". What kills these devices? Heat? Electron erosion? Tunneling fatigue? Seriously, I thought electronic  devices pretty much lasted forever, I have items with chips in them that still function after thirty plus years. I mean, I'm not crying over my GPU's, here in a month they'll be worthless if they're not already, but my CPU I'd like to keep (no, I don't CPU mine, for that and other obvious reasons), but I'm just curious why I keep seeing references  to "destroying" or "wear" of GPU's and CPU's. I do a lot of ray-tracing, am I killing my machine doing that also? I know nothing lasts forever...

russell

Just another dust miner... Enquiring Gnomes want to Mine!
Send nothing to 16SVa2iQA6HuNPDGYShpmeEvUBRi2gW7f1
BTCAssimilator

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 09:07:46 PM

What kills these devices?

The simple answer is heat.
antimattercrusader

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 09:23:40 PM

At 25 mh/s you will make 0.12 BTC per month, at current rates. However, expect the difficulty to increase massivley in the next few months.

Regardless of whether BFL ships, other companies are starting to ship ASIC. That era is now here.

BTC: 13WYhobWLHRMvBwXGq5ckEuUyuDPgMmHuK
CaloHash

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 09:32:43 AM

What kills these devices?

The simple answer is heat.

or you get extra cooling for your (open) Laptop. Laptop is created to be power efficient.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: