Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:08:33 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is selling against the rule? Mods pls answer.  (Read 940 times)
coaltin (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 10:25:44 AM

Long story short, a friend of mine is selling uber free rides into people's account and is banned after he just posted a single thread.Is it against the rule because I don't see any rules against selling something at a low price.If I m wrong then I would be greatful if any mod can enlighten me.Thanks.

jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 10:28:26 AM

Selling is not against the rule  What is against is selling items which are illegally obtained.
coaltin (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 10:35:42 AM

Selling is not against the rule  What is against is selling items which are illegally obtained.

As far as I understand uber free rides is something similar to referral signups.Well I'm not much knowledgable but I know that affiliate market is kinda legit program if not otherwise.Please correct me if I'm wrong.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 10:58:10 AM

https://www.uber.com/legal/terms/us/

Uber Restrictions.

You may not: (i) remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices from any portion of the Services; (ii) reproduce, modify, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, license, lease, sell, resell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast or otherwise exploit the Services except as expressly permitted by Uber; (iii) decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble the Services except as may be permitted by applicable law; (iv) link to, mirror or frame any portion of the Services; (v) cause or launch any programs or scripts for the purpose of scraping, indexing, surveying, or otherwise data mining any portion of the Services or unduly burdening or hindering the operation and/or functionality of any aspect of the Services; or (vi) attempt to gain unauthorized access to or impair any aspect of the Services or its related systems or networks.

I'm not sure if this is the reason why your "friend" got banned but it is obvious that sellin an exploit is illegal against uber terms.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 11:20:26 AM

Selling legal stuff is not against the rules, but as you can see as posted by Jacee above,selling something Illegal is against the rules Wink
Also, I see that you posted a new topic under New owners.
Please don't do that or you might get risked at ban, refund all of the money that you held as an escrow to the buyer Smiley

Reference
Calm down!
Seems OP is transferring the operations to some other user here who would be delivering the service in future.He's got busy with a project in real life.OP asked me to post bcoz I handle the money deal.
He also mentioned that ur rides are on its way so pls check back ur account shortly if not delivered u would be refunded after u provide the sc of the payment page or app.
Rest contacted via pm.

krunox123

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 11:36:54 AM

- snip -
I'm not sure if this is the reason why your "friend" got banned but it is obvious that sellin an exploit is illegal against uber terms.
It is illegal against Uber terms, but, AFAIK, this forum does not enforce terms of service.

In many countries, terms of service are not legally binding. Traders can figure out their own legal risks. The forum will not enforce terms of service.

Life sucks.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 11:45:17 AM

IIRC "your friend" might be the person that was banned and tried to sell the same uber stuff from a new account. There was one case that I remember. However, if you want an exact answer you would need to provide us with usernames.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
coaltin (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 12:03:39 PM

- snip -
It is illegal against Uber terms, but, AFAIK, this forum does not enforce terms of service.

In many countries, terms of service are not legally binding. Traders can figure out their own legal risks. The forum will not enforce terms of service.

Thanks krunox123 for the excerpt,this is exactly what I read when I got into the forum.Much to convey same rule while u sell virtual credit card with someone else's name or even virtual item like stealth PayPal account.
coaltin (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 12:09:47 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2016, 12:22:03 PM by coaltin

IIRC "your friend" might be the person that was banned and tried to sell the same uber stuff from a new account. There was one case that I remember. However, if you want an exact answer you would need to provide us with usernames.

Dear Lauda,as far as my conversation goes with Ubercode,he mentioned it's legit under certain terms conveyed by Uber company mentioned in their tos

snip- This means that you can share your invite link with your personal connections via social media where you are the primary content owner. Public distribution on sites where you are a contributor but not the primary content owner (e.g., Wikipedia, coupon websites) is not allowed.

The concerned usernames are rslsrkr and Ubercode.Both of them have similar service rather same service.

PS: I think the mod who banned rslsrkr is confusing this with carded uber account
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 12:14:43 PM

The concerned usernames are rslsrkr and Ubercode.Both of them have similar service rather same service.
It was the case that I've remembered. I can't tell you why rslsrkr was banned (I don't know), but I'm the one who nuked Ubercode due to ban evasion. If one is banned, they are only allowed to create a thread about their ban in Meta (from another account). Posting somewhere else results in a permanent ban.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
coaltin (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 12:31:02 PM

It was the case that I've remembered. I can't tell you why rslsrkr was banned (I don't know), but I'm the one who nuked Ubercode due to ban evasion. If one is banned, they are only allowed to create a thread about their ban in Meta (from another account). Posting somewhere else results in a permanent ban.

Alright!
So what now,both of them are banned forever or the ban can be appealed?
And regarding this particular service,I have a future perspective of starting the same service,can I or that might result into a ban too?

Excuse me for bad grammar but English is not my first language.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 04:44:05 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2016, 11:34:50 AM by Lauda

Alright!
And regarding this particular service,I have a future perspective of starting the same service,can I or that might result into a ban too?

They are permanently banned, correct. You can appeal the ban, but I don't recommend doing it soon. Additionally,  you can provide the service as long as it has nothing illegal (e.g. hacked accounts). This forum does not enforce TOS, so we don't care whether it breaks it.

Update: Typo.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
coaltin (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 11:14:55 AM

Alright!

They are permanently banned, correct. You can appeal the ban, but I don't recommend doing it soon. Additionally,  you cac provide the service as long as it has nothing illegal (e.g. hacked accounts). This forum does not enforce TOS, so we don't care whether it breaks it.

Sir, can I have a green chit for selling this service now?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2016, 11:35:22 AM

Sir, can I have a green chit for selling this service now?
I've told you this already. If it has nothing illegal, then you are able to sell it. This forum does not enforce ToS.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Goms

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 07:42:04 PM

Selling is not against the rule  What is against is selling items which are illegally obtained.

How are you sure the Uber rides are illegal.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 08:17:22 PM

Selling is not against the rule  What is against is selling items which are illegally obtained.

It is assumed unless he could provide proof they are not.  His "friend" has been on forums and a picture of referral page is not enough showing he can referral people.   He needs to show accounts he was selling used such method from within account, and show these were accounts being sold.  Even if he did ... it is still against Uber's TOS.

But most of the uber rides were cracked/hacked and that is why they were taken off digital sales.  They sold rides for a few dollars... which I'm guessing this one falls under I'm not a mod so cannot see.  If you sell rides for 20 dollars and it's up to 20... would be much more believable on possible legit.  But when you sell unlimited for a few dollars... one would again assume illegal methods.

But It would take a mod to be able to see thread at this point/know what happens.  And this person from other thread also had ban evasion... so even if cleared of this offense he is not likely to get un-banned. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439136.0 .  They are starting new thread to leave out info such as this (I would guess)
coaltin (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 04:38:55 AM

It is assumed unless he could provide proof they are not.  His "friend" has been on forums and a picture of referral page is not enough showing he can referral people.   He needs to show accounts he was selling used such method from within account, and show these were accounts being sold.  Even if he did ... it is still against Uber's TOS.

But most of the uber rides were cracked/hacked and that is why they were taken off digital sales.  They sold rides for a few dollars... which I'm guessing this one falls under I'm not a mod so cannot see.  If you sell rides for 20 dollars and it's up to 20... would be much more believable on possible legit.  But when you sell unlimited for a few dollars... one would again assume illegal methods.

But It would take a mod to be able to see thread at this point/know what happens.  And this person from other thread also had ban evasion... so even if cleared of this offense he is not likely to get un-banned. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439136.0 .  They are starting new thread to leave out info such as this (I would guess)

Alrite so I would assume I can sell now.
@notlist3d ur answer lies in the same  in the same thread u just quoted.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: