Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:55:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative to shapeshift.io  (Read 10541 times)
Hydrogen (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 10:56:00 PM

Now that shapeshift io is down.

What alternatives are there?
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 11:05:59 PM

best I can recommend is poloniex. yeah they're not quite the same as shapeshift.io but it's better than some unknown service that no one ever heard of before (if you find one).
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 11:07:20 PM

It depends on what you mean. You could use an altcoin exchange and do place a buy order there. Try YoBit.net, or c-cex.com. Polo also will work. If you want something very similar to shapeshift, I don't think there is a website like it right now. Yobit and c-cex don't have KYC so you can stay anonymous, just a bit more work since you have to figure out how to place an order.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 03:03:04 AM

There use to be a site called bitin.io which worked exactly like shapeshift but it didn't work and was closed down and other than that I am not aware of any websites that work like shapeshift did. They were unique, let's hope they come back with more added security.

mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 07:13:46 AM

I recently came to know that https://changelly.com/ is also in operation of altcoin exhange like shapeshift but i haven't tried them personally as i used to use only shapeshift before. You can try changelly with small amount at first.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 07:27:46 AM

I recently came to know that https://changelly.com/ is also in operation of altcoin exhange like shapeshift but i haven't tried them personally as i used to use only shapeshift before. You can try changelly with small amount at first.

Seems the next most legitimate replacement for ShapeShift. Anyone knows of this MinerGate team?

Too bad for that hack. Let's hope ShapeShift does get back again.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
nopedope89
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1059

FROSTING

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 02:17:31 PM

Seems the next most legitimate replacement for ShapeShift. Anyone knows of this MinerGate team?

Hello, I am from MinerGate team) We are a mining pool operating since 2014. Changelly is our second project, we will be glad to welcome everybody there. Please ask in case of any questions!

.next-generation social media service.
██   based on blockchain technology ██
                      ▄▄█▄ ▀▄▄
                   ▄███████  ███▄▄
               ▄█████▀▀ ████  ▀█████▄▄
           ▄▄█████▀    ▄ ▀███▄   ▀▀█████▄
       ▄▄█████▀       ██▄ ▀███▄      ▀▀█████▄
      ▐███▀▀        ▄█████  ████         ▀███▌
      ▐███         ████▀███▄ ▀███         ███▌
      ▐███        ████  ▀███▄ ▀███▄       ███▌
      ▐███      ▄███▀ ▄█  ███▌ ▐███▌      ███▌
      ▐███     ▄███▀ ████  ▀██▓  ████     ███▌
      ▐███    ████  ███▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄   ███▌
      ▐███   ████ ▄███▀ ▄██████████████▄  ███▌
      ▐██▀ ▄███▀ ▄███▒                    ███▌
      ▐█▀ ▄███▀ █████████████████████████████▌
         ████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
           ▀▀█████▄▄             ▄█████▀▀
               ▀▀█████▄▄     ▄▄████▀▀
                   ▀▀█████▄█████▀
                       ▀████▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ██▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀██ ▐██▀▀▀▀██ ▐██▀▀▀▀▀ ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀███▀ ████▄ ███ ███▀▀▀▀▀
     ███▄▄▄▄ ███   ▐██▌▐██▄  ▐██ ▐██████  ███▄▄▄▄▄   ██▌    ▓██  █████▄███ ██▌ ▄▄▄▄▄
     ██▀▀▀▀  ███   ▐██▌▐███▀███▀ ▐██        ▀▀▀▀██▌  ██▌    ▓██  ███ █████ ██▌   ███
     ██▌     ▀████████ ▐██   ██▌ ▐███████░████████   ██▌   █████ ███  ▀███ ▀████████
Twitter
Facebook
Youtube
Telegram [EN]
Telegram [KOR]
Medium
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 02:21:40 PM

Use a standard exchange (Poloniex or Bittrex). The only difference is that you will have have to register in order to trade, but that isn't a big deal (I don't get this obsession with anonymity - after all you have to register with amazon to buy stuff from them, what is the difference between that and registering with an exchange to trade?)

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 01:36:55 AM

Not even close to it, the whole idea of ShapeShift was to trade coins without going through the whole lengthy process of signing up or logging in, it was instant, I just tried changelly and as soon as I pressed the exchange button it is asking me to sign up. If I am going to go through all the hassle of signing up I might as well use the traditional exchanges such Poloniex, Bittrex etc.

crazyivan
Legendary

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 04:32:47 AM

Why is it a problem to register?

It takes 20 sec, one time, and you re done.

To tell u the truth, I was never a big fan on crypto services which provide full anonymity. People who require full anonymity have got something to hide and they hide cause it is illegal in 90% of cases.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 06:18:38 AM

To tell u the truth, I was never a big fan on crypto services which provide full anonymity. People who require full anonymity have got something to hide and they hide cause it is illegal in 90% of cases.

Not always they have something to hide which is illegal, I myself have registered with my real credentials in trading exchanges but I cannot hide, that I used shapeshift more than other trading exchanges just because of its anonymity , why should any exchange service know who I am and how many coins am I selling or buying ? I am an anonymity fanatic all the way but have nothing to hide.
crazyivan
Legendary

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 06:58:48 AM

Not always they have something to hide which is illegal, I myself have registered with my real credentials in trading exchanges but I cannot hide, that I used shapeshift more than other trading exchanges just because of its anonymity , why should any exchange service know who I am and how many coins am I selling or buying ? I am an anonymity fanatic all the way but have nothing to hide.

I can understand that. This is why I say 90% of cases in my previous post. However, most of people seeking anonymity do that cause of different reasons, mostly illegal reasons. I have nothing to hide and I have no problem with sharing my basic info with established and registered exchanges.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 07:16:35 AM

Not even close to it, the whole idea of ShapeShift was to trade coins without going through the whole lengthy process of signing up or logging in, it was instant, I just tried changelly and as soon as I pressed the exchange button it is asking me to sign up. If I am going to go through all the hassle of signing up I might as well use the traditional exchanges such Poloniex, Bittrex etc.

there is no hassle for signing up! the hassle is only for trading/exchanging crypto to fiat and that is only because you will need to give credit card info or other form of identification.

but for exchanging cryptos with each other the only thing you will need is a simple email address and nothing else. IMO doing it on and exchanger is much easier than doing it on shapeshift you; will have a log too, and most importantly the fees will be lower.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
MrAlanC

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 03:29:37 AM

I use FlippyCoin.com. Their slogin is "FLIPPYCOIN THE SHAPESHIFT.IO ALTERNATIVE". I've done successful exchanges with them, I even have a video showing how an exchange works at FlippyCoin.com. FlippyCoin is very transparent. On their homepage they state there is a 0.5% exchange fee. That's pretty good. Check out this video I made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muV_h7QnLmc

pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:58:16 AM

Changelly is good in my experience. Theres really not much to say except that its the same service as Shapeshift. But its a good alternative for it because sometimes Shapeshift's nodes on some cryptocurrencies are down for maintenance.

I also used them to participate in the XFC ICO which went well.
Alienxxx23

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:35:46 AM

See also this site https://coinswitch.co/

A lot of coins!
Henri Cartier

Activity: 236
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:15:30 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2019, 11:34:08 AM by Henri Cartier

I would say the best alternative to Shapeshift is Coinswitch exchange. It is an exchange aggregator of many leading exchanges. It supports more than 400 cryptocurrencies. Without creating multiple accounts, the user can trade all the coins at 1 place. No KYC is required for trading any cryptocurrency.

The main reasons why you have to choose Coinswitch are:

• Free to choose the best rates across exchanges.

• Independent of the users personal details.

• No need of creating multiple accounts for trading.

• It's a non-custodial service.

• Secure and reliable service.

• 24/7 customer support.

Source: https://coinswitch.co/news/best-shapeshift-alternative-coinswitch

AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:46:06 PM

I would say the best alternative to Shapeshift is Coinswitch exchange. It is an exchange aggregator of many leading exchanges. It supports more than 400 cryptocurrencies. Without creating multiple accounts, the user can trade all the coins at 1 place. No KYC is required for trading any cryptocurrency.

The main reasons why you have to choose Coinswitch are:

Except for the fact that, as far as i understand it, they're not an alternative to anything.

They're simply an intermediary between the customer and exchanger, adding another unnecessary party to the transaction which claims additional fees etc..

Independent of the users personal details. /  No KYC is required for trading any cryptocurrency.

How can you claim this when you're making use of the exchanges that do have/are implementing these features. (ShapeShift, Changelly) Do you KYC identify as an exchange for every customer you have on said exchanges?

Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:01:32 AM

People who require full anonymity have got something to hide and they hide cause it is illegal in 90% of cases.

Even if you have nothing to hide, anonymous services still
offer an advantage for you. You don´t have to worry that your
KYC documents or personal information end up in the wrong hands.
Just remember all the hacks of the last years of exchanges and online-shops.

As the end user you have often no idea how securely these companies
store your documents. Some of them don´t even have a physical office
and host sensitive information on servers that they don´t control.
To sum up, anonymous services are preferable even if your funds
are 100 % clean and you don´t have anything to hide.

bisq_flix

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 07:40:48 AM

Bisq.

It's not as simple to use as Shapeshift, and being P2P there isn't always liquidity available for every currency pair... but it's the most decentralized, private, #NoAccountNeeded option available atm.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: