Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:05:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC awareness  (Read 1471 times)
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 11:00:32 PM

its going on a stop sign, so it will read "stop chasing paper"
+1, thank you. Even though I'm not doing it I believe it would be effective. Of course people would see it...its on a Stop Sign. But I'll respect the BTC community (you guys are the BTC community) and pursue means of advertising Bitcoins that do not involve "defacing" (for lack of a better term) any property.
I'm curious though-in your guys' opinion, what will [inevitably] attract more people to BTC, and how long will it take?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 11:44:59 PM

Thats a good idea. With a bigass QR code you can scan from the car lol.

Great, more people fucking around with their cellphones while they drive.

On the whole sticker thing, be aware that you can be held responsible for the costs of removing the stickers (which leave hard as shit residue to take off) from stop signs worth quite a bit of money. Add to that vandalizing public property.

You're a pandora's box of great ideas, aren't you.

SO CLEVER!
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 12:41:18 AM

its going on a stop sign, so it will read "stop chasing paper"
+1, thank you. Even though I'm not doing it I believe it would be effective. Of course people would see it...its on a Stop Sign. But I'll respect the BTC community (you guys are the BTC community) and pursue means of advertising Bitcoins that do not involve "defacing" (for lack of a better term) any property.
I'm curious though-in your guys' opinion, what will [inevitably] attract more people to BTC, and how long will it take?

Stop signs are payed for with stolen money. in a way that stop sign belongs to you more than it does the people who actually claim ownership of it.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 01:01:21 AM

Stop signs are payed for with stolen money. in a way that stop sign belongs to you more than it does the people who actually claim ownership of it.

Oh lawdy, one of you people.

Alright, let's assume I'll go along with the whole "taxes are theft" thing, and that sign does indeed belong to you. It also belongs to everyone else in the town.

You wouldn't stick crap on other people's things, so why stick it on people's shared things, especially since it'll be removed at your cost via taxes/stolen money.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 01:42:40 AM

Oh lawdy, one of you people.

Alright, let's assume I'll go along with the whole "taxes are theft" thing, and that sign does indeed belong to you. It also belongs to everyone else in the town.

You wouldn't stick crap on other people's things, so why stick it on people's shared things, especially since it'll be removed at your cost via taxes/stolen money.

accepted for validity, assuming your neighbors minded

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: