Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:17:41 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin exchangers that don't indiscriminately freeze accounts  (Read 269 times)
bmeyersbtc (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 07:39:13 AM

Hey guys, I am not creating this thread to take shots at a certain exchanger but from what I have read on this forum and other btc forums, I understand that there's a certain exchanger (CB) that has the habit of freezing accounts indiscriminately. So I would like to know the btc exchangers that  don't close accounts recklessly.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 08:04:50 AM

You're talking about Coinbase right? Well, theoretically it can happen with any exchange and I know of at least 1 case on Kraken. However, I would recommend Bitstamp. I've been using it for years and have never had any problems. As long as you don't act 'suspiciously' you should be fine.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 09:27:32 AM

if you are talking about coinbase i don't think they have closed account indiscriminately, their rules are shitty, that is all. besides coinbase is only good for a newbie to buy bitcoin in an easy fashion and then take the coins out right after purchase.

if you are looking for a loose exchanger Smiley check out btc-e.com they don't ask for any information from their users either.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Rune
Legendary

Activity: 1229
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 04:40:56 AM

BTC-E the exchange I like to use to trade bitcoin never had a problem.
I have not heard of them closing accounts but you would have to double check.
bmeyersbtc (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 07:13:16 AM

You're talking about Coinbase right? Well, theoretically it can happen with any exchange and I know of at least 1 case on Kraken. However, I would recommend Bitstamp. I've been using it for years and have never had any problems. As long as you don't act 'suspiciously' you should be fine.

BTC-E the exchange I like to use to trade bitcoin never had a problem.
I have not heard of them closing accounts but you would have to double check.

How can I buy BTC from these services ? (BTC-E and bitstamp), I understand BTC-E no longer accepts bank wire/transfers from the USA, bitstamp however still does. Are there other payment methods accepted by these two?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 07:17:08 AM

How can I buy BTC from these services ? (BTC-E and bitstamp), I understand BTC-E no longer accepts bank wire/transfers from the USA, bitstamp however still does. Are there other payment methods accepted by these two?
I don't have an account on BTC-e so I can't help you with that. As far as Bitstamp is concerned, I just took a screenshot of the deposit page.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: