Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:08:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You Can Now Spend BTC on Over 2.5 Million Things at Bitcoin.com  (Read 1427 times)
chrisvl (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

Trainman

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 04:06:15 PM

You Can Now Spend BTC on Over 2.5 Million Things at Bitcoin.com
Bitcoin.com has launched a one-stop-shop where users can spend bitcoin on over 2,500,000 products from reputable merchants across the globe, including Newegg, Overstock and Rakuten. Together with our partner Spendabit, you can now search for things you can buy with bitcoin, directly on Bitcoin.com. Anything from clothing, chocolate bars to computers can be searched for and purchased from different merchants across the web.

Instead of looking for online stores with the classic "Bitcoin Accepted Here" sticker, search directly on bitcoin.com. Compare prices and find the perfect merchant for you. We list all prices in bitcoin.

Try it today: https://www.bitcoin.com/spend-bitcoin-online

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 04:38:11 PM

Bitcoin.com has launched a one-stop-shop where users can spend bitcoin on over 2,500,000 products from reputable merchants across the globe, including Newegg, Overstock and Rakuten. Together with our partner Spendabit, you can now search for things you can buy with bitcoin, directly on Bitcoin.com. Anything from clothing, chocolate bars to computers can be searched for and purchased from different merchants across the web.

Instead of looking for online stores with the classic "Bitcoin Accepted Here" sticker, search directly on bitcoin.com. Compare prices and find the perfect merchant for you. We list all prices in bitcoin.

Yeah nice new but I'm waiting for the moment when I will be able to go to the store in my street or city and buy something with my Bitcoin debit card Smiley
Or to go to the cinema, cafe bar, restaurant and pay with BTC.
We just got first Bitcoin ATM in my country but still almost nobody accept BTC here.
It's nice to have so many online choices to spend bitcoin but I'm looking for the day when we will be able to spend bitcoin also offline.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
coinpr0n

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 04:51:20 PM

It's just a search bar? And referall redirects? Might be better if it showcased or aggregated interesting products by type or something on the front page to spice things up!

~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 05:02:14 PM

Wow, this feature works for me as i was searching whole internet for cheaper vps service and it was not easy to find one. But search result seems to give price within result making my search quite comfortable. Nice feature   Smiley

EDIT: wait but i figure out they are only showing merchants who have registered in their serach engine, that is not good. Angry Angry

spendabit

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

Spendabit is a search engine for Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 05:07:59 PM

Thanks for posting this chrisvl. Here's a link to the announcement on Spendabit:
https://spendabit.co/blog/announcing-bitcoin-com-search-integration

If anyone is integrating in earnings commissions with Spendabit using our API or our simple iframe with 1 line of HTML (great for blogs), please get in touch so we can help as many people as possible to realize the value of Bitcoin and stimulate the Bitcoin economy. The search never leaves your page. See more details and contact info here:
https://spendabit.co/search-partners

Have a nice day all.

puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 05:09:33 PM

yea bitcoin is getting more and more recognize by everyone Cheesy its good thing <3
spendabit

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 05:15:33 PM

Wow, this feature works for me as i was searching whole internet for cheaper vps service and it was not easy to find one. But search result seems to give price within result making my search quite comfortable. Nice feature   Smiley

Thanks, glad you found a VPS you were looking for. This is the point of Spendabit.

EDIT: wait but i figure out they are only showing merchants who have registered in their serach engine, that is not good. Angry Angry

This is not accurate, we crawl the entire web to discover products from as many merchants as possible. We also are constantly listening to the marketplace and discover and add new Bitcoin-accepting merchants many other ways. Some merchants do contact us about inclusion.

spendabit

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 05:20:36 PM

It's just a search bar? And referall redirects? Might be better if it showcased or aggregated interesting products by type or something on the front page to spice things up!

Yes, thank you for this excellent idea, we are planning on providing features to help exactly in this area. We have to walk before we can run and we hope to grow with and help the Bitcoin economy as we do.

idev

Activity: 859
Merit: 1004

BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 05:23:10 PM

This is pretty decent and no doubt useful for newbies coiners.
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 05:30:56 PM

Great idea. Good execution.
Too bad its only American/English world oriented.
Are you planing to add more and more countries?
Also, language selection would be great option or searching by country/continent.

Wish you success, much.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 05:38:29 PM

Yeah nice new but I'm waiting for the moment when I will be able to go to the store in my street or city and buy something with my Bitcoin debit card Smiley
We just got first Bitcoin ATM in my country but still almost nobody accept BTC here.
It's nice to have so many online choices to spend bitcoin but I'm looking for the day when we will be able to spend bitcoin also offline.

i'm only waiting for amazon, i don't even buy anything phisically, amazon plus ebay would increase the adoption dramatically, also using a debit card would destroy a bit the purpose of bitcoin
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 05:52:34 PM

i'm only waiting for amazon, i don't even buy anything phisically, amazon plus ebay would increase the adoption dramatically, also using a debit card would destroy a bit the purpose of bitcoin

On the contrary I think it is a very good way to use and spend our BTC. Usually when I use btc gains via debit card I buy them again. I think it's great actually
spendabit

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 06:02:42 PM

Great idea. Good execution.
Too bad its only American/English world oriented.
Are you planing to add more and more countries?
Also, language selection would be great option or searching by country/continent.

Wish you success, much.

Thank you, try searching directly on Spendabit where you can choose your search region in the upper left side "Filter by Region".

For example, https://spendabit.co/go?q=laptop

...then change the region to "United Kingdom", for example.

Our plan is to add more and more regions as we discover new merchants that accept Bitcoin. If you have any suggestions for which regions you'd like to see included or a new merchant for us to add, please let us know. Thanks!

https://spendabit.co/feedback

calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 06:05:00 PM

Its def a step in the right direction, i just made my first proper bitcoin purchase the other day from Huel.com.  its a food supplement site, and it went so smoothly.  Grin
fravia

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 06:06:44 PM

thank you for sharing this website, i was looking for something like that for a really long time, also its nice to know that there are no big fees for making an order as shops themselves accept btc payments

i will definitely use it in the future when i will need to buy something myself or to buy gifts for other people as i do that really often before the bigger celebrations that i have

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
spendabit

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 06:30:55 PM

Its def a step in the right direction, i just made my first proper bitcoin purchase the other day from Huel.com.  its a food supplement site, and it went so smoothly.  Grin

Thanks a bunch calkob, I just added Huel.com to Spendabit Smiley

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 06:40:20 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2016, 07:00:46 PM by Lauda

And referall redirects?
All referral redirects from what I can see. If you search for something and hover on the links it has a "r=bitcoin.com" at the end.

Its def a step in the right direction
Ref. spam is a step in the right direction? They could have done this without the referral part and it would have been much better.

Update: If that is the case, then I was mistaken.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
spendabit

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 06:53:50 PM

And referall redirects?
All referral redirects from what I can see. If you search for something and hover on the links it has a "r=bitcoin.com" at the end.

Its def a step in the right direction
Ref. spam is a step in the right direction? They could have done this without the referral part and it would have been much better.

Not sure I understand what you mean by referral "redirects". This is just an id (text string) for our API to associate which Search Partner is submitting the relevant query. It could just as easily be "btc", "abc123" or "Lauda".

You can try it for yourself:
https://spendabit.co/go?q=suspicious&r=Lauda

krunox123

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 07:08:08 PM

Interesting. Now we can buy 2.5 million things with Bitcoin, but I could not even find anything that can be eaten. It'd be great if we could find something edible with spendabit. Nonetheless, it is still a good search engine for Bitcoin IMO.

Ninja Edit: I found edible 'things'. Cheesy

Life sucks.
spendabit

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 08:14:35 PM

Interesting. Now we can buy 2.5 million things with Bitcoin, but I could not even find anything that can be eaten. It'd be great if we could find something edible with spendabit. Nonetheless, it is still a good search engine for Bitcoin IMO.

Ninja Edit: I found edible 'things'. Cheesy

Hi krunox123, if you're looking for edible things to buy with Bitcoin here are some good places to start:

https://spendabit.co/go?q=grocery
https://spendabit.co/go?q=honey
https://spendabit.co/go?q=tea
https://spendabit.co/go?q=cookies
https://spendabit.co/go?q=steak

I also just added Huel.com to the UK per calkob's lead above (thanks again!).

https://spendabit.co/go?q=huel

Hopefully the food-for-Bitcoin links above will be helpful and informative and not annoying, if they are please let me know and I will edit them down. Thank you.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: