Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:52:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Old  (Read 4369 times)
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 01:19:38 AM

Form what the lawyer has told me this is not required unless you are going to use the name bank.
http://www.business.govt.nz/fsp/app/ui/fsp/version/searchSummaryCompanyFSP/FSP1681/16.do?noReturn=true
Savings and trust being perfect examples.
Also she pointed out to me
table 1
http://www.rbnz.govt.nz/research/bulletin/2002_2006/2003dec66_4mortlock.pdf
FSP taking deposits.

I was referring specifically to your claim to be a "Deposit Taker" - that's a term with a specific meaning.

Investment companies are NOT necessarily Deposit Takers (most aren't).

The Act I linked to specifically deals with the management of deposit takers who AREN'T banks.  Banks are dealt with seperately.

I'm not disputing that SOME of your listed areas of business can be conducted without need for a license.  I AM disputing:

1.  That you're licensed to do anything (you aren't - you're just registered as intending to conduct certain business).
2.  That you can be a Deposit Taker without a license (you can hold and manage funds no problem - but that's not the same thing).

Here's a quote from the FSPR website i nregards to who has to reigster (link : http://www.business.govt.nz/fsp/about-the-fspr/frequently-asked-questions-faqs/registration-who/who-must-register-as-a-financial-service-provider)

"Some people will have to register regardless of the location of their place of business, because they provide a licensed financial service and their licensing authority requires them to register.  Individuals or companies unsure as to whether or not they will be required to register should seek their own independent legal advice."

That makes it entirely clear that licensing (where required) is something entirely different to the registration that they offer/require.

So either stop claiming to be licensed or get licensed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 01:25:01 AM

Form what the lawyer has told me this is not required unless you are going to use the name bank.
http://www.business.govt.nz/fsp/app/ui/fsp/version/searchSummaryCompanyFSP/FSP1681/16.do?noReturn=true
Savings and trust being perfect examples.
Also she pointed out to me
table 1
http://www.rbnz.govt.nz/research/bulletin/2002_2006/2003dec66_4mortlock.pdf
FSP taking deposits.

I was referring specifically to your claim to be a "Deposit Taker" - that's a term with a specific meaning.

Investment companies are NOT necessarily Deposit Takers (most aren't).

The Act I linked to specifically deals with the management of deposit takers who AREN'T banks.  Banks are dealt with seperately.

I'm not disputing that SOME of your listed areas of business can be conducted without need for a license.  I AM disputing:

1.  That you're licensed to do anything (you aren't - you're just registered as intending to conduct certain business).
2.  That you can be a Deposit Taker without a license (you can hold and manage funds no problem - but that's not the same thing).

Here's a quote from the FSPR website i nregards to who has to reigster (link : http://www.business.govt.nz/fsp/about-the-fspr/frequently-asked-questions-faqs/registration-who/who-must-register-as-a-financial-service-provider)

"Some people will have to register regardless of the location of their place of business, because they provide a licensed financial service and their licensing authority requires them to register.  Individuals or companies unsure as to whether or not they will be required to register should seek their own independent legal advice."

That makes it entirely clear that licensing (where required) is something entirely different to the registration that they offer/require.

So either stop claiming to be licensed or get licensed.

They don't license anyone they even register banks, so your right and I will change it sorry for making you look all that up to clarify my position.

But its really not worth debating, that's not the corner stone of our services in the least bit. We could drop that with out any problems and still be fine.

matauc12

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 03:46:46 AM

The main red flag here (as other things are really technicalities that don't really say much on if someone were to invest) is you come and ask 25000$ without having a very detailed report on the intent of those funds. As a financial entity you owe yourself and potential investors to know the exact amount you need and for exactly what. Of course a "cushion fund" is granted, but the whole lot can't be a cushion.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 08:31:04 AM

Wait. Waitwait. Is this the guy with the Swedish banking co-op thing or am I confusing noobs?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
BitcoinINV

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 10:47:11 PM

The main red flag here (as other things are really technicalities that don't really say much on if someone were to invest) is you come and ask 25000$ without having a very detailed report on the intent of those funds. As a financial entity you owe yourself and potential investors to know the exact amount you need and for exactly what. Of course a "cushion fund" is granted, but the whole lot can't be a cushion.

The financials and business plan are listed on the website.

Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 12:34:43 AM

Listed maybe, but not available.

"Sorry, we are unable to generate a view of the document at this time. Please try again later."

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 01:14:00 AM

Tip: People might actually buy your shares if you hire someone to make your website not utterly retarded.
BitcoinINV

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 01:40:45 AM

Just talked to Btc-e Support they cleared us to have funds held like bitinstant.

BitcoinINV

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 02:58:17 AM

Listed maybe, but not available.

"Sorry, we are unable to generate a view of the document at this time. Please try again later."

Fixed it google doc's was being odd.

Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 03:38:17 AM

Your company has only been in existence for 3 days.

If there are a total of 1,000 shares and each share is worth 1BTC, what makes your "company" worth 1,000BTC ($25,500)?

It cost lots of money to form a company, then be compliant with financial regulation.

That doesn't mean it's worth it, though.

Korbman
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 12:11:18 PM

Fixed it google doc's was being odd.

So I see.

Under the financials, I like how your projected total income for the year is $2.4 million. That's a bit ambitious...
I also seem to be missing the reason for a salary? Nor do I see where you distinctly mention Bitcoins or these 'shares'.

And as I go back through a second time...are you measuring everything in Bitcoins to begin with? I might have to look at it again after having some coffee, given it's 6:45am here..

BitcoinINV

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 01:33:17 PM

No its based on dollars and the Discount percent. How I got to my projections took 2 months of watching btc-e's reserves from bitinstant reserves. I found that bitinstant does around 600k a month with btc-e, the number could be higher but.... They do not keep enough funds in to cover them at all times. Our aim is to move into the market with lower rates and better customer services. My pay is included on page 3 of 1200 dollars a month + dividends. After we take on share holders we will give them a choice between 75%, 60%, or 50% profit splits so we can rolls some more equity into the business. If you have anymore questions feel free to shoot them to me.

Korbman
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 01:40:30 PM

No its based on dollars and the Discount percent. How I got to my projections took 2 months of watching btc-e's reserves from bitinstant reserves. I found that bitinstant does around 600k a month with btc-e, the number could be higher but.... They do not keep enough funds in to cover them at all times. Our aim is to move into the market with lower rates and better customer services. My pay is included on page 3 of 1200 dollars a month + dividends. After we take on share holders we will give them a choice between 75%, 60%, or 50% profit splits so we can rolls some more equity into the business. If you have anymore questions feel free to shoot them to me.

So the important question becomes, why choose you over BitInstant, MtGox, or BTC-e? They're established and well regarded within the community. Even with your lower rates, many people would still be more inclined to work with an established, successful business with a reputation more so than with a newcomer. How do you plan on overcoming this obstacle? Or is more of a "time will tell" sort of thing?

BitcoinINV

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 02:32:01 PM

I already have 115 customers in my database. We are not directly trying to compete with the exchanges at this point but supplementing them. Well bitinstant runs out of funds which seems to happen every other day. When they are out of funds it is our intention to pick up the "slack". We will also have live chat personal open we are not sure if we are going to go with 8 hours or 12 hours live support with the rest as email support. If you look at the number one complaint about business in Bitcoin I would have to say it would be Customer service response time. Just dig through some of the service discussions lol.
We will also be providing services the other do no have at this time
1) ACH Deposits
2) Credit Card Deposit
3) Lending Platform.
5) Marketplace ad section.
6) Merchant services able to accept ANY crypto-coin.
7) Contract work for the anyone community
Cool Bitcoin Outreach fund.

Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 10:31:16 PM

So the important question becomes, why choose you over BitInstant, MtGox, or BTC-e? They're established and well regarded within the community. Even with your lower rates, many people would still be more inclined to work with an established, successful business with a reputation more so than with a newcomer. How do you plan on overcoming this obstacle? Or is more of a "time will tell" sort of thing?

For o e thing you cant buy shares in Mt Gox or Bitinstant and competition is a good thing.

BitcoinINV

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 04:03:00 PM

Still selling shares updated business plan.
Bitcoin Financial, A.K.A. Bitcoin-keys, was the first company to accept credit cards for bitcoin keys and was subsequently copied by other businesses.
              The programming of our back-end interface allows for easy coin exchanges and purchases and will thus will attract non-technical clients. If clients are capable of checking their bank account online, they can use our system.
              Users do not directly purchase coins; instead they add money to their accounts. Their funds in USD can then be automatically converted to BTC within the system. We are also working on direct USD to USD transfers between accounts, as well as BTC-E; we have set up and wired BTC-E money in the past and would like to grow that part of our business.
             We also will be directly selling litecoins and any other digital coin that becomes relevant to our client community.

Business Plan

I.    Introduction

This document is to establish goals and a strategy to achieve those goals for the coming years. The purpose of this Strategic Plan is to outline the strategy through which we plan to meet our goals. The Strategic Plan is to be used:

A. To communicate a sense of direction to all parts of our organization;
   B. To identify short-term actions needed to prepare Bitcoin Financial to meet its long-term    objectives;
   C. To help assess the long-term impact of short-term plans;
   D. To provide a basis for short-range, one-year planning;
   E. To provide a basis for financial strategy; and,
   F. To provide a control device against which to compare actual progress.

II.    Mission

The Company is a privately-owned financial services provider whose purpose is to promote the financial well-being of its members by providing comprehensive and progressive financial services.

Operating Principles:

A.  To provide these services in a professional, personal, and market-competitive manner    using alternative payment methods.
   B. To create a climate in which the company and customers can achieve outstanding    performance and personal growth.
   C. To support the advancement of our community, the bitcoin philosophy, and in particular    our own philosophy to give back to what gives. We will donate a percentage of all profits    to a Bitcoin Exposure fund. This fund will help make bitcoins more visible to the public.
   D. To continue the emphasis of the Company's strengths through the growth of capital and surplus.

All of these principles shall be supported by a program of excellence in product quality and service while maintaining high standards of ethics and integrity.

III.    Assessment of Current Position

A. Strengths

1. Management Team

Over the past few months, the founder has worked to improve the quality of the Company's management team. As we enter 2013, the management team is more             professional, more capable, and more experienced than ever before. In addition, the current management team is better-positioned than ever to build a reputation in the          community.

2. Range of Services

The Company’s full range of services must also be considered a strength. Our services match up well against most exchanges, purchasing platforms and selling services.

3. Permits

The Company's permits provide us with a great deal of flexibility. Being registered as a Financial Service provider in New Zealand allows us the ability to do things other          businesses in our sector cannot do.

B. Weaknesses

1. Member Loyalty

The fact that the Company is a closed community means we have to strive to maintain customer loyalty. This means we have to go above and beyond competitors. With many          other services to choose, from we must make our service worth the repeat customers'          business.

2. Relationship with the Community

The same factors that have affected member loyalty have also affected our relationships with outside groups. Over the past few years, several problems have arisen in the community with other financial institutions. Many of the people that remained in the community have “a bad taste in their mouth” caused by the problems of the past. As a          result, there has been a fair amount of animosity and some reluctance on the part of these groups and their representatives to work with any kind of standard system like ours

3. Accessibility

While the Company has made significant gains over the past few months in becoming more accessible, we still lag behind our competition. We will be adding more options as    the business takes off.
   C. Market Position

The Company is largely perceived as being something of a "specialty" financial    institution. That is, members may use our services just for “hobby money”. But as we all       know, hobbies can get expensive and we plan to use that to our advantage.

The Company’s competition includes each of the following:

BTCquick (Purchasing Services)
         ZIGZAP (Purchasing Services)
         Cash To Bitcoins Lcc (Purchasing Services)
         Fast Cash to Bitcoins (Purchasing Services)

A. Strengths of Competitors

1. Accessibility: They are known in the community and are easy to access. They have multiple way to transfer funds.

2. Perceived Security: People have used these services for long periods of time. This makes the customer feel safe and at ease with the business.

3. Consumer Acceptability: If someone asks how to get money on a exchange or buy bitcoins, the answer is Bitinstant.

IV. Assessment of Environment

The financial services industry is undergoing a period of rapid change. The savings and loan crisis, de-regulation, fluctuating interest rates, new electronic technology and competition from outside the "traditional banking" industry are just a few of the factors that will be affecting the business. Although the environment is largely uncontrollable and the future is difficult to predict, it is possible to analyze current trends and make some assumptions about what the environment will be like in the future.

V. Goals

The following are the Company's goals for next year (2013):

Assets   $150,000
   Loans $0
   Reserve to Assets 75%   

VI. Strategy

In order to achieve our financial goals, we must be prepared to address the obstacles and potential future obstacles which stand in our way. Specifically, we must work to remedy problem areas while taking advantage of our strengths and the opportunities in the marketplace.

Our strategic objectives for 2013 and the methods by which we will work towards each of these strategic objectives are discussed below.

A. To Build Capital as a Percentage of Assets
   The stronger a business's capital base, the better it is able to service its members in good times and bad. For that reason, we will continue to work to build our capital as a             percentage of assets.

Our plan to build capital for 2012, therefore, will focus on exchange and business growth together with vigilant expense control. To support this effort:

1. We will continue to promote secured credit while tightening our standards for    unsecured credit.

B. To Build Member Loyalty

The building of member loyalty is a process which will take place over a number of years. We    must work diligently to develop a strong relationship with our members. Four areas will be    addressed in 2013:

1. We will work to improve the overall quality of service to our members. While some    progress has been made in this area, we must continue to make quality service a priority.       One significant change will be made in 2013: live chat support. The addition of live chat       support will significantly reduce the number of frustrated customers. Support emails will       be reduced, slow service and excessive wait times for the customer will be reduced, and          our staff will be freed up to provide more important member services.

2. We will work to provide a more well-trained staff. A well-trained, efficient staff will enable us to better serve our membership and help in building better member relations. 

3. We will continue to work to develop a sales culture. While some progress has been made in this area, we still have a long way to go. In 2013, we will improve our sales systems and make independent brokers work at their own pace. We will also provide    sales training to all brokers.

4. We will continue to focus on business differentiation. In our publications and    communications we will promote the fact that the business is a unique type of financial          institution which was designed exclusively for the benefit of its members.

C. To Attract and Retain a More 'Upscale' Member

Four actions will be taken in 2013 to achieve this objective:

1. A  card-like feature will be introduced. This program will help to attract in-person merchants by providing a lower rate and a higher ease of use.

2. In-Progress USD to Exchange services. Trust Accounts will be issued and pay a real interest rate, rather than the crazy numbers we often see in the community. The             profits from coin exchange will be used to pay bond interest rates.

3. Special attention will be paid to those Merchant members for which we are looking. Our Marketing Department will be working with representatives of these companies to          increase penetration. Membership drives and special sign-ups with discounts will be offered.

4. Members with V.I.P. status will be exempt from certain fees. This will help us to avoid "nickel and dime-ing" the members who maintain a significant presence within          our client community.

VII. Conclusion

Over the past months, the business has made tremendous progress towards its long-term goals. This plan had outlined our strategy for 2013 and beyond. By working vigilantly to achieve our objectives, we will continue to build the business into a stronger, more competitive financial institution that provides both top quality services to its members and a climate in which our volunteers and employees can achieve outstanding performance and personal growth.

Addendum for share holders:

Shares will be offered on Bitfunder; these shares can be claimed and registered with the NZ government if you provide me with the information.
             Shareholders have the right to serve as a loan and investment board member, board members will be compensated for use of their time. Fees collected from loans and transactions will be used to pay the members for their time.
   The loan board votes on loans and investments; board members will be responsible for due diligence with regard to all items voted on. Loans or investments will not be undertaken unless a board member brings it up in a board meeting.

Deprived

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 04:47:57 PM

Could just ONE company that claims to have a strong management team actually indicate who they are and what their expertise is?
BitcoinINV

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 05:10:17 PM

Could just ONE company that claims to have a strong management team actually indicate who they are and what their expertise is?

06-08 2 E-4 In charge of 15 Marines.
Corporal is the lowest grade of non-commissioned officer in the U.S. Marine Corps, though promotion to corporal traditionally confers a significant jump in authority and responsibility compared to promotion from private through lance corporal.
Train subordinates in their MOS and basic military skills
Be accountable for the actions of your squad, section, or team
Enforce the standards of military and physical appearance
Ensure supervision, control, and discipline of subordinates
Assist in personal and professional development of fellow Marines
Provide communication link between the individual Marine and the organization
Plan and conduct the routine and day-to-day unit operation within the policies established by your senior officers.
Maintain appearance and condition of unit billeting spaces, facilities, and work areas
Maintain serviceability, accountability, and readiness of assigned arms and equipment
Maintain the established standards of professionalism and job performance for the Marines, the NCO's, the SNCO's and the Corps
Support, follow, and implement policy established by officers

Job Description: Aviation ordnance equipment repair technicians perform duties incident to the accounting, stowage, breakout, testing, maintenance, assembly and transportation of airborne armament equipment, armament-handling equipment, air launched missiles, and conventional munitions. At the lMA level, aviation ordnance equipment repair technicians perform required inspections, tests, checks adjustments, preventive maintenance and repair on support equipment, missile launching equipment, multiple ejection/bomb racks, aircraft guns, turrets, aerial targets, and a wide variety of highly technical aircraft armament weapons systems in addition to performing quality assurance, safety, and maintenance management duties.

2) Cpl

(a) Maintains records and distinguishes the different modifications on all models of missiles and conventional munitions assigned.

(b) Utilizes available technical and supply publications to obtain accurate and complete data for supply purposes.

(c) Perform inspections on the maintenance, storage, and shipment of explosives.

(d) using ammunition stock and allowance lists/publications, prepares and edits ammunition requisitions and takes requisition follow-up actions.

(e) Makes ammunition issues, prepares invoices, and custody records.

(f) Maintains files, prepares naval messages, and submits ammunition transactions.

(g) Performs the System Administrator tasks associated with the Ordnance Information System (OIS) ammunition accounting and management system.

Britt Motorsports

Sales and Finance
Top salesman multiple months,
average of 25+ units a month out the door in a Market of 150k People.
Sold "Backend" Products such as extended warranties, alarms, service plans and custom work.
This was not really a leadership position but it did show me how the financial sector and consumer behavior.

Also strong management is in the eye of the looker  Wink

Deprived

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 05:38:03 PM

06-08 2 E-4 In charge of 15 Marines.
Corporal is the lowest grade of non-commissioned officer in the U.S. Marine Corps, though promotion to corporal traditionally confers a significant jump in authority and responsibility compared to promotion from private through lance corporal.
Train subordinates in their MOS and basic military skills
Be accountable for the actions of your squad, section, or team
Enforce the standards of military and physical appearance
Ensure supervision, control, and discipline of subordinates
Assist in personal and professional development of fellow Marines
Provide communication link between the individual Marine and the organization
Plan and conduct the routine and day-to-day unit operation within the policies established by your senior officers.
Maintain appearance and condition of unit billeting spaces, facilities, and work areas
Maintain serviceability, accountability, and readiness of assigned arms and equipment
Maintain the established standards of professionalism and job performance for the Marines, the NCO's, the SNCO's and the Corps
Support, follow, and implement policy established by officers

Job Description: Aviation ordnance equipment repair technicians perform duties incident to the accounting, stowage, breakout, testing, maintenance, assembly and transportation of airborne armament equipment, armament-handling equipment, air launched missiles, and conventional munitions. At the lMA level, aviation ordnance equipment repair technicians perform required inspections, tests, checks adjustments, preventive maintenance and repair on support equipment, missile launching equipment, multiple ejection/bomb racks, aircraft guns, turrets, aerial targets, and a wide variety of highly technical aircraft armament weapons systems in addition to performing quality assurance, safety, and maintenance management duties.

2) Cpl

(a) Maintains records and distinguishes the different modifications on all models of missiles and conventional munitions assigned.

(b) Utilizes available technical and supply publications to obtain accurate and complete data for supply purposes.

(c) Perform inspections on the maintenance, storage, and shipment of explosives.

(d) using ammunition stock and allowance lists/publications, prepares and edits ammunition requisitions and takes requisition follow-up actions.

(e) Makes ammunition issues, prepares invoices, and custody records.

(f) Maintains files, prepares naval messages, and submits ammunition transactions.

(g) Performs the System Administrator tasks associated with the Ordnance Information System (OIS) ammunition accounting and management system.

Britt Motorsports

Sales and Finance
Top salesman multiple months,
average of 25+ units a month out the door in a Market of 150k People.
Sold "Backend" Products such as extended warranties, alarms, service plans and custom work.
This was not really a leadership position but it did show me how the financial sector and consumer behavior.

Also strong management is in the eye of the looker  Wink

Think you missed the point - or part of it.  Claiming a strong TEAM implies multiple people not just one.
BitcoinINV

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 06:30:14 PM

Current Account Funding methods
All Fiat Transactions require verification

Credit Card
ACH
AMX Serve
ZIPZAP

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All