Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:40:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hiya Guys Newbie here in need of some help.  (Read 806 times)
mybadomen (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 06:45:01 PM

Hiya guys i am not sure if i am Mining 100% correctly. I tried talking on the bitminter IRC but only 1 other person responded and couldn't help as he was also new.

First thing i did was went to BitMinter and downloaded the newest Client and then followed the instructions to download the Wallet also the Bitcoin-qt file. I installed the Client on 2 machines we can call PC1 and PC2 to make it easier to explain. Thee wallet is only on PC1 which is also the strongest miner.

The settings i am having a problem with. I am not sure if PC1 which should be doing the most work is doing anything. I see it on the screen but my account shows only name coins.

Sorry for the bunch of Photos but its the best way i can show you what i have running.

Please if you see a problem let me know as i am very new to this.

Also the 2 machines are PC1 is running 2 Overclocked/overvolted 7970's on water
PC 2 is running 1 6970 at the moment overclocked/overvolted on water also. I am deciding on adding the 2nd 6970 but not sure if it makes a difference with 2 PC's Mining on the same internet?

Please if you have time look for problems real quick:

My client running.on PC1 (main PC) 

My account settings and earnings for 3 days both Mining Machines running GPU's only.

Wallet Transactions. This is where i am not sure if my Machines are setup right as the payout is so random. It says just on the main client not counting the PC2 client between 0.18 and .20 for payout per day. Its been 3 days running both machines overclocked.Is this even close to right. I have a feeling i am missing something or have something set up wrong and it cost allot of electricity to run these 2 miners so i would like to have it right if i could please get some help. (Erased my Wallet key from the photos as im not sure if its safe to show but it is the correct key.

Highly appreciate any Help from anyone with a few minutes to spare to a complete newbie at this like me.

Thank You

MybadOmen

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mybadomen (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 08:57:55 PM

Anyone at all? All i am asking is if i am simply doing it right? After that i would like to move my 2 machines to a pool but if i cant figure out if its right or not i have to shut them down? Is this what happens to allot of new comers to mining they simply cant figure it out nor get help so they just quit? That was my whole reason i quit folding. Unhelpful community so i shut all my machines down.

Please i just need to know for now if i am simply doing it right?
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 09:17:39 PM

Anyone at all? All i am asking is if i am simply doing it right? After that i would like to move my 2 machines to a pool but if i cant figure out if its right or not i have to shut them down? Is this what happens to allot of new comers to mining they simply cant figure it out nor get help so they just quit? That was my whole reason i quit folding. Unhelpful community so i shut all my machines down.

I am not familiar with your program but it looks to be sending in stales? Have you tried stock clocks? As for F@H, I found Boinc to be much better in the help department and some teams are even better with help. Sorry I can't help, have you tried a different miner program?

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
lassdas
Legendary

Activity: 3649
Merit: 1412

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 09:31:32 PM

Seems ok to me at first glance.

I see it on the screen but my account shows only name coins.
That is, because you haven't set a namecoin address for automated payout, so namecoins accumulate on your Bitminter-account,
while your bitcoins are sent immediately to your wallet.

All i am asking is if i am simply doing it right? After that i would like to move my 2 machines to a pool..
Well, your machines actually are already swimming in a pool, which is Bitminter, you're not solo-mining.

Your payout doesn't look that bad,
~0.18 per day shown on PC1.pic looks good for ~1200MH/s, combined with PC2 (depending on its hash-speed) you should end up somewhere around 0.27 per day.
Variance is a factor though, if the pool has some bad luck and finds less than average blocks a day, you get less coins that day, but of course you get more, when the pool's lucky.

Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 09:32:34 PM

most pools also run help threads in the mining section of this forum.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 09:53:45 PM

To me everything looks ok.

Gabi
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 09:55:07 PM

I am not familiar with your program but it looks to be sending in stales? Have you tried stock clocks? As for F@H, I found Boinc to be much better in the help department and some teams are even better with help. Sorry I can't help, have you tried a different miner program?
Oh his stale rate is perfectly fine. 26 stale after 41000 is ok

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 09:58:05 PM

As I said, I am not familiar with this software so I defer to those that know. That ain't me. Smiley

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
mybadomen (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 01:52:42 AM

Thank You Guys so Much. Like i said this is just the begging and i am sure i will be changing clients and i keep reading about different pools i can join.Oh the Bitminter page sent me here that's how i found this place which i already can tell is full of a bunch of great people.

Any Suggestions what i should do next ?

OH i will also make a new thread but my other Machine is now out of order complelty.I went in and for some reason it keeps saying BFI patch error or something like that? I tried mining anyway but almost every work unit was a miscalculation. This was running absolutely perfect earlier. Well since i am waiting on a fix for that i added a 2nd 6970 on water to that setup also.

Any idea what BFI patch error means? and why all of a sudden it showed up?

Take care and thanks for the help so far.

MybadOmen
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 01:59:19 AM

Not sure, but would you be able to run some hw diagnostics to ensure you don't have some faulty GPU ?
toz

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 02:31:14 AM

Where are you seeing 26 and 41000? There's a lot of numbers in those images.
Gabi
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 12:16:04 PM

Where are you seeing 26 and 41000? There's a lot of numbers in those images.

In the image with accepted and rejected (stales)  Smiley

mybadomen (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 03:20:31 PM

Wow thanks for all the help guys . The error i was getting was my own fault. Forgot on my EVGA FTW board i had to add an extra power to turn multiple cards on. Not very normal for other boards so totally forgot.

Still like to explore other pools but cant get any other client to work besides the BitMinter client. Some reason i tried GUIMiner and my cards drop from the 1200mphs all the way down to like 250mphs.Thats for both 7970's? I don't even think it was using the cards at all.

So kinda stuck on Bitminter with no freedom or ability to explore other pools.

Also other thing that to me dont make sense is in 5 days now with 1 machine doing between 1200-1300mphs and the other doing 900-950mphs I still haven't earned 1 coin? Does this seem right? If so im not to concerned but if not i think i am just wasting electricity. I know i am pulling allot of power as one Power supply is the LEPA 1600watt and the other is another 1000w I had to even turn the cards down do to blowing the breaker in my house.

So only main issue right now is really need a GUI client that works. So i can try Deepit ,and all the others. I tried deepit and that's when i realized that only the Bitminter Client worked and i tried for support there also.

Any chance there is a Facebook for Bitminers? Because i know the forums and you guys are very helpful but sometimes days go by before i can fix something simple just do the the way Forums work. Every day waiting a reply is another day wasted.

I highly appreciate the help guys and sorry im such a newbie. I dont need help with Overclocking as i have been doing that for years on all hard ware and competitive. Funny thing is i tried Folding before also and ran into issues also. I am just not good at software at all. I figured i would just download a working Client and run it. So far only Bitminter Client but that's locked to Bitminter Pool.

Again Thank you and sorry for the book of a post.

MybadOmen
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: