Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:29:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UK Users - Anyone used "Circle" to withdraw BTC to GBP?  (Read 1354 times)
error808 (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 09:21:04 PM

Hi

I am from UK and currently i am purchasing BTC via Coinbase at the moment, seems easy for me for the time being

The issue with coinbase at the moment is that if i wanted to transfer my BTC to a UK Bank account at present it seems coinbase doesnt support this so instead need to go through SEPA bank account which i believe you need to convert your BTC in coinbase to a EUR Wallet then withdraw it from there and I am not entirely sure what the fees are taking into considerations exchange rates and everything else (There maybe other services out there but i just thought id stick to coinbase for now as i'm a newbie to all this)

I came across Circle recently in the news
www.circle.com

Thought i would sign up and give them a try

has anyone had experience with them  yet?

So i planned the following:

Send BTC from coinbase to my Circles account which seems to work
Then From Circles account withdraw directly to my UK Bank account

So i decided to test it out

So from my Coinbase account i sent about £0.50 Worth of Bitcoin (0.00167 BTC) to my Circle Account (Took around 45mins to arrive)
So at this point my Circles balance was showing exactly "£0.50"
I then went to do Cash out which was withdrawing that money to my bank account which i signed up using a debit card and the fees was FREE

Obviously this is a very little amount but has anyone tried it with larger amounts and if so is there any fees?

LASERminer

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 07:04:16 PM

There is no fee - as far as Circle says - but you have weekly withdraw limit of £200 increasing when you use Circle more.

Most interesting for me is what was exchange rate from BTC to £ in Circle?
I guess there is their profit hidden.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: