Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:15:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unusual "out of sync"  (Read 711 times)
mxkawi58 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 12:13:30 AM

I am new to bitcoin and I have searched for a thread regarding my problem using the search bar but I can't find anything that helps me. So please don't be mad if you've seen this question before, I honestly looked for a previous thread regarding this.

I am using windows 7 starter and have the most recent bitcoin-qt.

Ok so I deposited about 350 USD into my bitcoin-qt wallet. As the fund were being confirmed, I noticed the clock on my computer was not correct. After adjusting the clock, I hit apply and immediately my wallet lost connection and went to "out of sync" (unusual right?) After a few seconds my connection was restored and my wallet started syncing (or so I thought) Now, I know when bitcoin says "out of sync" this normally means bitcoin is downloading some blocks and its nothing to stress over but, this time my wallet just says "out of sync" with the little spinning logo in the bottom corner, but there's no loading bar to tell me how many blocks are left to download nor does it tell me a certain percentage is complete. Its just says "catching up" and the total number of blocks already downloaded. My transaction proceeded to confirm while "out of sync". My wallet is still out of sync with no loading bar or percentage complete. Does anyone know whats going on here? What should I do? Restart bitcoin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 01:37:57 AM

The client will display (out of sync) if the timestamp of the most recent block (currently 220886) is too far off your system clock. If there was nothing wrong before you adjusted your system clock, and now it is out of sync despite not having any more blocks to download, then most likely your clock was correct originally, and is now wrong. Are you sure your clock is set to the correct time zone?

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
BigFigurez

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 04:39:40 AM

If you log in from another computer you should be fine, if you need to send them out or something. Otherwise make sure your computer is aligned with your time zone and todays date.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: