Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:33:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm selling 1 BTC for cash at localbitcoins.com What data do I need to have?  (Read 729 times)
mcgver144 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 01:01:13 AM

Hi,
I need to get a few dollars and I decided to sell one (1) BTC. Later, I plan to buy more, but for right now I need the money.

So seems like if btc today is 425, they are offering about 407, about $20 difference. Kinda high, but I need to do it.
I have bt 5.5.0 (hope no security issues, I haven't upgraded to a newer version yet)
Can I print out info, so I can drive to the company and give it to them? I know how to send btc, but only at my computer. I have a android, I guess I could put some wallet on there?
And then transfer to wallet from bt, and in my wallet will I have the data so that that me and my android can go to this business and get some money?
Sorry I know so little, and I'm a little worried I'll do something wrong (or something like if I use their computer-I have no idea if that's secure)
I guess that they will want me to hang around, or transfer the money first and wait for confermation (probably 2 or 3 = 15 minutes?)

Unless somebody tells me a better way, I'll try to get a wallet on my android, maybe send a very small amount to myself (from bt on my desktop to my android by wireless network)

I don't have a lot of btc, but I'd kind of like to get my btc offline, maybe on a couple of flash drives, I always worry about hackers. Electrum seems like a popular brand-any major negatives?

Thanks for any info!
Alaki

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 04:04:35 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2016, 04:40:38 AM by Alaki

I have a android, I guess I could put some wallet on there?
Yep you can for sure. There're many(plenty of) clients available for android. I'd entreat you to have a look over here-> https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet#android

And then transfer to wallet from bt, and in my wallet will I have the data
You mean data=funds(btc)? Yep, you'll surely see the funds(btc) in your android wallet.

I guess that they will want me to hang around, or transfer the money first and wait for confermation (probably 2 or 3 = 15 minutes?)
Basically, you've to read out(go through) their help(guide) section-> https://localbitcoins.com/guides/how-to-sell-bitcoins-online

I don't have a lot of btc, but I'd kind of like to get my btc offline
You can go(check out) for bither (offline) wallet there-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=498382.0

I always worry about hackers.
Basically, you don't have(need) to worry about 'em as far as you use a strong password & a strong antivirus (IMO).

Electrum seems like a popular brand-any major negatives?
AFAIK, electrum's a secure & popular wallet for sure (with no major negatives).

I know how to send btc, but only at my computer.

BTW, I'm not sure that why're you looking out for an android wallet (if you do have access to your desktop client/wallet)?
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3274

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 06:24:56 AM

If you want to sell bitcoins through localbitcoins, then you will need to transfer the bitcoins to the site. Then you go through the site's escrow and trade system

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Goms

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 07:29:51 PM

Where else can one sell bitcoins asides localbitcoins.com? I do not like the fact that I have to sell 1 btc for 407 when it sells for 425 in the market.
mcgver144 (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 10:59:22 PM

I ended up going with coinucopia.io, I found it on localbitcoins.com. Most people has android phones, and they can go to the BTM, get a picture thingy (forget the name) input the thingy to their android, and I think there is a wait of 10-15, for either 1 or 2 transactions. Then it gives you the money. I don't know the limit at these places, but $650 apparently isn't a problem.
They had closer BTM's, but only this one does cash. I guess the others accept cash though.
For me, I called them and spoke to a person who emailed me a bitcoin address. I'll send the coins while I'm at home, with my desktop computer, then go down to the machine, call them back (because there is only a certain amount of time that the machine will give you to complete the transaction) get the exact amount of 1.5 btc, and they will send the machine a code. Like I said about 10-15 min. wait.
I need the money quickly, otherwise I'd go to an online trader. Can you still make a cash deposit at a bank with the info a online trader will give you, and get the btc that way? (to buy them)
And if I had more time, I think (I know localcoins does) that they can deposit money into a bank account, anybody know if this is correct.
I'll let you know if this does or does not work!

Thanks very much for the help!

luciann

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 11:39:57 PM

Keep in mind, in order to sell btc on localbitcoins.com there is a minimum now set in place to place an ad for anything.

I believe it was .1 or .2 btc minimum.

Any other technical info related can be reached by a support, also enabling escrow is encouraged like it says while youre making the ad.

unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 12:11:41 AM

Where else can one sell bitcoins asides localbitcoins.com? I do not like the fact that I have to sell 1 btc for 407 when it sells for 425 in the market.

Where do you get your "in the market" price?

Each exchange has their own price and if you want to chose a route that has better pricing for you it will cost you time.
mcgver144 (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 02:05:26 AM

That place worked out well, although I paid for being in a hurry. I got $600 from 1.5 btc, and they sent me back .024 (about $10.20) The market rate would have been $639, so I spent about $29 getting it.
mixan
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 02:21:47 AM

That place worked out well, although I paid for being in a hurry. I got $600 from 1.5 btc, and they sent me back .024 (about $10.20) The market rate would have been $639, so I spent about $29 getting it.
If you want a better rate for you purchases let me know.
I can't do cash for you but I can perfect money or paypal to you.
I have the trust here to do this for you at a much better rate than that  Undecided

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
KennyR

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 02:40:18 AM

Yeah traders with different price will be available. You need to select the one whose price looks to be high and make the trade. The difference is the profit for the traders.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
kwaasteniet

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 04:05:04 PM

The best prices you get on the exchanges ofcourse. It is depended in which country you live which exchange you can choose. Here in Europe you can use a Sepa withdraw between all banks. That is the cheapest way to do it.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 05:53:32 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2016, 02:03:20 PM by Amph

Where do you get your "in the market" price?

Each exchange has their own price and if you want to chose a route that has better pricing for you it will cost you time.

preev is the final market price it combine the average from various exchange

so i would definitely avoid localbitcoin and go straight for something like kraken
Digital_Lord

Activity: 1498
Merit: 502

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 06:12:55 AM

you have to deposit your btc to localbitcoin's account first to sell it. but I would suggest you don't transfer whole bitcoin. first transfer half or 0.2 something for better security. you can sell your bitcoin to this forum's trading section also..

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
martha5dool

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 07:13:07 AM

you have to deposit your btc to localbitcoin's account first to sell it. but I would suggest you don't transfer whole bitcoin. first transfer half or 0.2 something for better security. you can sell your bitcoin to this forum's trading section also..

localbitcoin is secure enough to be trusted.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: