Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 11:43:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what is the good variant to start mining altcoins in videogames center  (Read 277 times)
criptoncio (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 06:12:03 AM

Hi,
we are from Lima Peru and we have small videogames club with 65 computers,
we know bitcoins and use them already for a quite long time,
but just recently we realized that there are a lot of altcoins which are also not just toys but real values with huge perspectives,
and of course our first idea was to try to mine something because the club is not 24 hours open and half of time computers just stand and do nothing.

But there are very many currencies and software and we are not sure of how to start better,
we tried ethereum by instruction http://ethpool.org/faq, but it seems impossible on our gtx 750 - we get either "not enough memory" or very low hashrate.

so the question:
could you please advise currency + pool + miner which will work out-of-the-box and do not require much setup and configuration,
i.e. just easy way to start and look how mining works and what we can do further?

PS
all our computers have the same configuration:
-Video card: GTX 750 ti
-Procesor: amd fx 6300
-mainboard: gigabyte 970A
-hard drive: ssd 240gb kingstone
-hard drive: sata 320gb seagate
-memory ram: 8gb hyperx fury
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 08:20:56 AM

we tried ethereum by instruction http://ethpool.org/faq, but it seems impossible on our gtx 750 - we get either "not enough memory" or very low hashrate.

Ethereum is well known to not work well on the 750Ti, it doesn't have enough RAM or some such issue. The GTX 950 is about the lowest Maxwell card that works well with it (I get appx. 10Mh out of each of my GTX950s) but Ethereum is a coin that prefers AMD hardware.

X11-based coins might be profitable on your machines, like DASH, but your machines really aren't optimised for mining (too much CPU that soaks a fair bit of power, very little GPU horsepower).

Is there a reason other than cost that you are running the lowest-end of the Maxwell cards?

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: