Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:15:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Types of Bitcoin Users  (Read 3432 times)
pbleak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 09:03:42 PM

can u tell me which type is my type?
i'm looking for bitcoin, then ill convert it to my country currency then buy goods with it.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

A spammer  Cheesy
DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 05:31:33 AM

Well not everyone who frequents the Bitcointalk forum lives in a rich country with high salaries so I guess a dollar in Bitcoin for these people would go a long way where they are at so making the effort to earn coins is worth it for them. I think we should add a new type of user to that list ' the Bitcoin wage earner ' lol.

NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 05:36:12 AM

I`m tired when the mainstream media demonizes bitcoin. That group analysis is true for any group, including their fucking audience. So what you will find all kinds of bad people that read even that newspaper.

This is a shitty article that serves nothing, but to demonize bitcoin. Stupid journalists!
It's on Medium, that is a personal blog site, so I don't think the journalists can take full blame, chances are that the OP wrote the article.

I would say I am an idealist, I don't like the idea of fiat and think that cryto is a better and fairer way of having money.  There are definitetly plenty here who fall into other groups though!
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 06:14:09 AM

I am saving the majority of my  btc waiting for the price to skyrocket to sell it back then. Does this make me an idealist? I do not use bitcoin for any other service except for gambling (small amount) , I save the majority of the bitcoin I own.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 08:48:04 AM

the basic types of investors are the same as on any currency market:

- speculators / traders
- investors / savers
- people who use bitcoins for transfers
- people who use bitcoins for payments
Yes, bitcoin users are the same as on any currency market. If we further simplify it can be
1- Investors
2- End Users
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2016, 09:03:52 AM

Generally people will only try something new if they expect to benefit from it one way or another, that's just human nature. Of course there will always be a small group that will do it for more noble reasons, even if they don't get anything from it. Those people are a rare breed though  Cheesy
pbleak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 06:46:31 PM

Now in Coindesk:
http://www.coindesk.com/four-types-bitcoin-users/
bitcoinhopper

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Bravity is beautiful.

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 09:47:54 AM

The majority of the Bitcoin users just is holfding on to their Bitcoins for the future. They believe that the price in the future is going to be some insane number.
It is still a gamble because no body really knows what the price is going to be like.   

Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 11:10:33 AM

For me there are three types of bitcoin user. Trader this bitcoin user wait till the price goes down. Buy and if the price goes up then sell.
Another type was Miner this bitcoin user wait til their miner get profit. Another type of bitcoin user was betlord or gambling lord they are betting all their bitcoin and fight in sites like a warrior lol.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 07:15:37 PM

This is so not true! I know that many high educated, weel established people are using Bitcoin. Media can publish anything they want without taking any responsibility.
you are right its not true , i also search about it  a huge number of businessman are using bitcoin and educated people are also know about bitcoin  and using bitcoin .
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 12:00:48 AM

Well, it's always dangerous to make sweeping generalizations based on statistical data collected subjectively. However, I think that what we're witnessing is a natural evolution of the user base. First adopters would've naturally been the programmers, next the dark marketeers, speculators...etc.  A more fascinating question to me, however, would be what "type" of demographics could we expect from the next wave of adopters given what we understand about its current evolution?
smaxz

Activity: 430
Merit: 253

VeganAcademy

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 12:43:23 AM

you know i happened upon a bitcoin meetup that was organized by an exchange one time.. kind of a meet and greet if you will.

i thought it would be a good time but the place reeked of dbag arrogance. i still managed to meet a few good people, and very likely at least one narc, but overall the crowd was not at all what i was expecting.

maybe if it was a meet organized on a regional btc forum or if it was 3-4 years ago i could find the oddballs, fantasists, nerds, criminals and idealists.. cause really they are the more interesting people in life.

but it seems that ship has sailed and the user base is as diluted as most anything else these days.

- NGdTwHRSdnThdi1drQuHGT3khAHRtZ1HMq -
ahpku

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 01:29:49 AM

but it seems that ship has sailed and the user base is as diluted as most anything else these days.

If you're talking about this forum, it's mostly people with zero interest in Bitcoin (other than the penny shavings they earn from signature ads). They're typically paid per post, so they create/buy a bunch of accounts and spam the shit out of this place. It doesn't even have to be parsable English; most isn't.
I guess if I was broke in some third world shithole, I'd be doing it myself Undecided
Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 03:43:57 AM

The majority of the Bitcoin users just is holfding on to their Bitcoins for the future. They believe that the price in the future is going to be some insane number.
It is still a gamble because no body really knows what the price is going to be like.   

it is a gamble but wining chance is very high. lolzzz.
because bitcoin predictors 98% confirm about bitcoin price to go high in this halving. that's the reason lots of users holding  their bitcoin. but personally I don't hold bitcoin . I always try to spend them in buying things.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 08:41:34 AM

it is a gamble but wining chance is very high. lolzzz.
because bitcoin predictors 98% confirm about bitcoin price to go high in this halving. that's the reason lots of users holding  their bitcoin. but personally I don't hold bitcoin . I always try to spend them in buying things.

Right now holding is the better option, as the price of bitcoin is expected to increase. Its fairly not same as gambling because in gambling money is in the placed for a lucky return. In holding its a assured expectation.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
pbleak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:57:15 AM

Indeed, speculators are listed in the article.
pbleak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:58:45 AM

Well, it's always dangerous to make sweeping generalizations based on statistical data collected subjectively. However, I think that what we're witnessing is a natural evolution of the user base. First adopters would've naturally been the programmers, next the dark marketeers, speculators...etc.  A more fascinating question to me, however, would be what "type" of demographics could we expect from the next wave of adopters given what we understand about its current evolution?

I suspect the next type might be the casual-user who pays for Steam games with Bitcoin (but not coffee IRL). If "blockchain" kicks off and the business guys then find Bitcoin also useful they might use it to settle transactions between themselves quickly.
pbleak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:59:30 AM

If you're talking about this forum, it's mostly people with zero interest in Bitcoin (other than the penny shavings they earn from signature ads). They're typically paid per post, so they create/buy a bunch of accounts and spam the shit out of this place. It doesn't even have to be parsable English; most isn't.
I guess if I was broke in some third world shithole, I'd be doing it myself Undecided

Yeah it's a real shame. I think they should ban these sig campaigns personally.
richkellj

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 12:59:08 PM

I`m tired when the mainstream media demonizes bitcoin. That group analysis is true for any group, including their fucking audience. So what you will find all kinds of bad people that read even that newspaper.

This is a shitty article that serves nothing, but to demonize bitcoin. Stupid journalists!

i cant say it better, but you forgot 1 thing, maybe they just want to have some entries on google and that's why they have been written that stupid article without care about nothing more, in any case is sad to read those type of articles.

Yes i think people of bitcoin should avoid that things just like that article, i really don't know why people do this, these senseless thing shows that too many people are living in our world, how don't care anyone.
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 12:48:05 PM

There are three types of bitcoin users online.The investor who always use to invest and grow bitcoins via investing,Second one is the trader,the one who is always want to secure and ensure his profit via online trading.Last one is the gambler who aways take risk of anything and have the highest oppurtunity to win big or big chance of losing.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: