Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:35:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Big fish attract bigger fish  (Read 861 times)
notig (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 02:37:53 AM

I think we are in a bubble that will correct, as many do, but I also think that is an assumption. I'll call it the bubble assumption. If the price of bitcoins is going up at this rate and we think it is a bubble and it will come back down it makes the assumption that whoever is buying the bitcoins is doing so for a short term investment. Or it makes the assumption that the "correction" hasn't already happened, and yet either new investors, or the same ones simply bought their way through it. It makes the assumption that as the price rises... those who feel it is a bubble still haven't yet sold, and that money hasn't gotten into more "steady" hands.

I could go on and on but the truth is there are many possibilities and I don't think there is enough information to really know one way or another what the price of bitcoin is going to do.

I wish I was a big fish Sad
Anth0n

Activity: 144
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 03:33:40 PM

I think we are in a bubble that will correct, as many do, but I also think that is an assumption.

It's a pretty valid assumption based on the history of pretty much every financial market ever. Sure, bitcoins could be worth way more in the long run, but there will be a series of up and down price fluctuations before we get there. Buy low, sell high.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 03:40:12 PM

I wish I was a big fish Sad

But then you'd only have more to lose. :-)

more or less retired.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: