Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:29:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Solo mining has slower hash rate then pool?  (Read 5935 times)
mirthen (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 06:41:43 AM

Was setting up a solo miner as backup for my pool mining(slush) for the first time in GUIMiner. i stopped my pool miner to test things out, and i noticed when i started it up the hash rate only hit maybe 400 khash/s or so. Now with my pool miner going with same exact flags, same gpu, everything the same cept what it was connecting to it usually hit around 200 mhash/s. is this at all normal? should i expect to only get rates in the khash area, when pool mining on the same setup gets 200+ mhash/s ?
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2013, 08:30:21 AM

I've yet to find a solution to this problem, it isn't the solo mining by itself, it's something to do with the client etc. the problem is because people on this board don't see solo mining as profitable they aren't particularly helpful in giving any real answers about it so they just tend to rant about it instead so prepare yourself for them to spam this thread and not give you an answer lol Tongue I'm sure if you stick around enough though someone will eventually respond.
efx

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 09:23:21 AM

In all honest truth, it doesn't matter which pool you submit your work to (solo is essentially a local pool), it shouldn't influence the hashrate.

You're not going to receive much assistance with this issue because it's not really repeatable. As Lethn said, it has something to do with the client and most probably a specific hardware/software combination.

Anyways, I suggest cgminer. If you require more direct assistance, I'm usually in the btc-e chat with the same name. Feel free to ask me questions.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: