Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:16:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How does NovaCoin have 2700BTC in buy orders?!?! and LTC only 470BTC?  (Read 1728 times)
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 02:50:27 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2013, 03:04:01 PM by crazy_rabbit

So it's only a couple days after the Novacoin launch and it has 2700BTC in buy orders?!?!?! What the heck? That's higher then the all-time high of LTC if I remember correctly! LTC only has 470BTC in buy orders, and at least people really do use it. Whats up? Is it like ultra-blowing up in the russian language forums or something?

EDIT: It would be interesting if the language subforums did have their own cryto coins, like national coins. What if every country started generating their own local national underground currencies?

more or less retired.
RandomQ

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 03:04:30 PM

So it's only a couple days after the Novacoin launch and it has 2700BTC in buy orders?!?!?! What the heck? That's higher then the all-time high of LTC if I remember correctly! LTC only has 470BTC in buy orders, and at least people really do use it. Whats up? Is it like ultra-blowing up in the russian language forums or something?

I'm trying to figure out the same thing because last night it was 1.9 more profitable to mine today 1.6 vs. Bitcoin.

A big pump and dump?
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 03:16:47 PM

So Litecoin is now worth LESS then Novacoin at BTC-E. Wow.  Cry

more or less retired.
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2013, 03:19:40 PM

yeah this stinks of an inside pump and dump or something fishy....

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 03:29:35 PM

Preparation for the pump and dump.  Notice that there are some 500-2000 BTC walls that keep moving up.  There's a bot that's manipulating the price by constantly moving the wall up and pushing small buy orders in front of it.

If it's anything like LTC at introduction (when the same thing occurred), they will push the price up to about 0.010 BTC and then slowly dump as others put buy orders up.  This will happen in about 1-2 weeks.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 03:37:59 PM

Learn russian.
Soon you'll need it Wink

Xopoшaя идeя.

That said, google chrome automatically translates for me the Russain forum. However, the translations are more or less useless.

more or less retired.
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 03:43:06 PM

Preparation for the pump and dump.  Notice that there are some 500-2000 BTC walls that keep moving up.  There's a bot that's manipulating the price by constantly moving the wall up and pushing small buy orders in front of it.

If it's anything like LTC at introduction (when the same thing occurred), they will push the price up to about 0.010 BTC and then slowly dump as others put buy orders up.  This will happen in about 1-2 weeks.

It's also easier to pump and dump on due to the effective pre-mine.  Noone else HAS any quantity of NVC to sell, so there's no way for the price to be crashed until the pre-miners decide it's time.  Which won't be until there's a significant quantity of buy orders up at good prices.

As with all new coins there's no real risk in mining and selling immediately - holding them for any period of time whislt they have no use other than speculation is obviously just gambling.  Nothing wrong with gambling, just be aware that's what you're doing and don't cry if/when there's suddenly a huge dump and the coin gos inactive like the previous russian scam-coin.

And yeah if there's going to be a dump it won't be for a week or two at least.  They have to wait until people start believing it might be legit and leaving buy orders up.
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 03:55:13 PM

Learn russian.
Soon you'll need it Wink

Xopoшaя идeя.

That said, google chrome automatically translates for me the Russain forum. However, the translations are more or less useless.

It could be used to translate simple text, but can't handle the irony, euphemisms etc. With complicated text you will simply get some pseudo-random stuff.

So, I often recommend our users speak english instead of auto-translated abracodabra. Smiley
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 04:07:05 PM

It's also easier to pump and dump on due to the effective pre-mine.  Noone else HAS any quantity of NVC to sell, so there's no way for the price to be crashed until the pre-miners decide it's time.  Which won't be until there's a significant quantity of buy orders up at good prices.

As with all new coins there's no real risk in mining and selling immediately - holding them for any period of time whislt they have no use other than speculation is obviously just gambling.  Nothing wrong with gambling, just be aware that's what you're doing and don't cry if/when there's suddenly a huge dump and the coin gos inactive like the previous russian scam-coin.

And yeah if there's going to be a dump it won't be for a week or two at least.  They have to wait until people start believing it might be legit and leaving buy orders up.

Actually as the sole NVC exchange, you don't even need to have pre-mined coins to sell, as long as most users leave coins in their trading accounts, they can even sell phantom coins.

So be watchful for sign of withdrawal difficulty, always keep minimal balance in accounts there.

bushstar

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 05:01:03 PM

There is a 2000BTC buy order at 0.2 which I expect would be removed if the exchange gets near it.

xorxor

Activity: 476
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 05:05:11 PM

Actually as the sole NVC exchange, you don't even need to have pre-mined coins to sell, as long as most users leave coins in their trading accounts, they can even sell phantom coins.

So be watchful for sign of withdrawal difficulty, always keep minimal balance in accounts there.

this is serious accusation of ordinary theft. and I say stupid accusation - why would they destroy a succesful exchange with great future for some small money? impossible. its better  steal all of the exchange, not just nvc positions -and still wouldn't be smart.

fuck deeponion, fuck bitcoincash, all glory to one BITCOIN
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 05:07:52 PM

this is serious accusation of ordinary theft. and I say stupid accusation - why would they destroy a succesful exchange with great future for some small money? impossible. its better  steal all of the exchange, not just nvc positions -and still wouldn't be smart.

Agreed. Conspiracy theories are fun an all, but BTC-e is a valuable member of the community and have been doing great. It would make no sense at all, I think there is no substance to the idea they might be running a scam.

more or less retired.
DryPowder

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 11:07:17 PM

EDIT: It would be interesting if the language subforums did have their own cryto coins, like national coins. What if every country started generating their own local national underground currencies?

My guess is manipulation; ruskies are cocking something that stinks fishy.  Cheesy

Keep Your Powder Dry
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 11:17:04 PM

this is serious accusation of ordinary theft. and I say stupid accusation - why would they destroy a succesful exchange with great future for some small money? impossible. its better  steal all of the exchange, not just nvc positions -and still wouldn't be smart.
No, I am not accusing them actually doing this. I just pointed out the possibility. "They can" =\= "they did". 

Just remember "Trust no one" and "absolute power=absolute corruption".
SAC

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 11:20:19 PM

Fake buy wall at .002 of ~2000btc when I seen it last yesterday and when the pump and dump was on last fall for ltc that drove the price to .008 it had ~4000btc fake buys sitting there.
Prattler

Activity: 192

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 11:30:59 PM

Be sure to only run self compiled programs. Sooner or later, some altcoin will steal your bitcoins Smiley
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 11:39:41 PM

@OP...not rocket science it is called PUMP  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Monster Tent

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 11:47:03 PM

I guess it was only a matter of time till the russian mafia came up with their own cryptocoin.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: