Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:51:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sites to buy and sell on  (Read 1035 times)
robertprosper (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 03:09:32 PM

What sites are there that I can buy and sell on using bitcoins other than here and silk road that have traffic and sales most on https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade look dead or limited.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Risse

Activity: 47
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 05:16:06 PM

Well BitMit is definitely the biggest one out there, I heartily recommend it.
robertprosper (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 05:33:50 PM

That looks like just the site I am after thanks a lot.

Looks like a good site to list on with a good choice of pricing options.
penguin_brian

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 08:26:11 AM

Unfortunately there is a big cloud over BitMit in the moment as to exactly who owns it, and who has control over escrowed funds. BitMit don't appear to be interested in trying to clear this up either. How can you trust an escrow service if you don't know who runs it?

This is discussed in a number of threads on bitcointalk, for example:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=135366.0
Risse

Activity: 47
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2013, 06:14:33 PM

Unfortunately there is a big cloud over BitMit in the moment as to exactly who owns it, and who has control over escrowed funds. BitMit don't appear to be interested in trying to clear this up either. How can you trust an escrow service if you don't know who runs it?

Oh, had no idea of this! I remember that there was some drama going on a while ago. I talked briefly with the owner when he opened the website, but I had no idea it has been sold. You are correct though, changing ownerships seems suspicious. The new owner should come forward and say what's happening.
robertprosper (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 11:29:26 AM

That's them off my list then.

Seems the only real place is to trade here and otc with individuals direct.

I have to say as a businessman my early impressions of bitcoin as a medium for doing business with isn't good seems safe to assume everyone is a crook at worse or unprofessional at best until proved otherwise.
penguin_brian

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 10:24:40 PM

I have to say as a businessman my early impressions of bitcoin as a medium for doing business with isn't good seems safe to assume everyone is a crook at worse or unprofessional at best until proved otherwise.

That is nothing specific to bitcoin. I get the impression that there is a lot of scams going on in the ebay/paypal world for example.

There are very professional people on ebay working hard to earn a good reputation, just as I imagine there are very professional bitcoin people here working hard to maintain their reputations.

I think it does help if you have a good trusted escrow service. The problem with ebay is that paypal is the defacto default escrow service, and they don't have a very good reputation of resolving disputes fairly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: