Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:50:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 596 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Any new airdrop coins?  (Read 332105 times)
Helios45

Activity: 244
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 02:04:34 AM

most of them are not even airdrops.

People seem to be using the word airdrop to refer to both giveaways and signature campaigns, probably after seeing the success of Byteball.  And also because giveaway threads are banned.

Theres only a few real airdrops going on right now: Byteball, Stellar, Bitcore, Waves (not sure if the random coins given away are airdrops or giveaways, i dont own Waves yet).  A lot of giveaways and signature campaigns are calling themselves airdrops.

Anyone has experience with WAVES leasing?

Yes I do, I have my waves leased to two different servers and I get MRT (Miner's Reward Token) on a weekly basis along with some other tokens (Ripto Bux, Mercury, WavesGo, etc...)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sinner

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 02:17:23 AM

Yes I do, I have my waves leased to two different servers and I get MRT (Miner's Reward Token) on a weekly basis along with some other tokens (Ripto Bux, Mercury, WavesGo, etc...)

Are the airdrops you get proportional to the amount of Waves (or Waves Community Token--i'm not sure how it works), or does everybody get the same size airdrops?  I guess I'm asking if the MRT, Ripto Bux, etc that you receive are airdrops or giveaways to Waves holders.
dbc23

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 05:27:58 AM

Are the airdrops you get proportional to the amount of Waves (or Waves Community Token--i'm not sure how it works), or does everybody get the same size airdrops?  I guess I'm asking if the MRT, Ripto Bux, etc that you receive are airdrops or giveaways to Waves holders.

YES

Some of the community/activity based tokens like waves community or MRT are proportional.

Some of the giveaway/airdrop tokens are proportional and some are fixed size to all holders/participants.  Many just "appear" because they're granted to all WAVES holders while others need an active signup.
Mystic90

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 08:45:33 AM

Waves that are in leasing still count for Airdrops. So no need to worry about that.
Mystic90

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 08:48:10 AM

most of them are not even airdrops.

People seem to be using the word airdrop to refer to both giveaways and signature campaigns, probably after seeing the success of Byteball.  And also because giveaway threads are banned.

Theres only a few real airdrops going on right now: Byteball, Stellar, Bitcore, Waves (not sure if the random coins given away are airdrops or giveaways, i dont own Waves yet).  A lot of giveaways and signature campaigns are calling themselves airdrops.

I think JUMBLR is coming with one for Komodo holders

What would be the difference between an airdrop or give away though?
sinner

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 08:03:04 PM

An airdrop is a giveaway in proportion to another asset (for example, Byteball--you get GBYTE in proportion to how much BTC you can prove you own with a digital signature), whereas a giveaway is a donation to anybody who asks for it.

Alternatively, a giveaway is an airdrop with no proof of ownership of any asset required.

Giveaways can be gamed much easier.  For example, account farming: people create lots of bitcointalk accounts and spam this forum with useless posts in order to participate in giveaways and signature campaigns.  Airdrops are better in my opinion because having lots of forum accounts doesn't get you any additional money.  Furthermore, airdropping is putting your coin in the hands of hodlers.
shams

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 08:18:56 PM

Thanks for making this post it will ease the work of all to go and find in all new threads person can come to this single thread and find the coins here its a good effort from you I really appreciate it. And yes airdrop coin are good option to make free money if we get some for free and if the coin is good than we can make good money.
JeremyB

Activity: 812
Merit: 270

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 08:56:36 PM

An airdrop is a giveaway in proportion to another asset (for example, Byteball--you get GBYTE in proportion to how much BTC you can prove you own with a digital signature), whereas a giveaway is a donation to anybody who asks for it.

Alternatively, a giveaway is an airdrop with no proof of ownership of any asset required.

Giveaways can be gamed much easier.  For example, account farming: people create lots of bitcointalk accounts and spam this forum with useless posts in order to participate in giveaways and signature campaigns.  Airdrops are better in my opinion because having lots of forum accounts doesn't get you any additional money.  Furthermore, airdropping is putting your coin in the hands of hodlers.

Thanks for the explanation but I'm sorry I didn't understand this "Furthermore, airdropping is putting your coin in the hands of holders". You have to give a part of your coin?
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 12:37:45 AM

The DeepOnion "airdrop" is a signature campaign in disguise. You need to have the signature to claim the "airdrop". Also 90% pre-mined.

It seems to be a blatantly open signature campaign.  Grin
They are calling their campaign an airdrop so that it doesn't disappear in the sea of signature campaigns around. It is a clear case of click bait to get users to read their thread.

Mystic90

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 05:28:47 AM

Thnx for that, makes a lot of sense!
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1401

Disobey.

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 08:34:23 AM

If you want a free airdrop coin, check out BTX (bitcore).
It has two aidrop mechanism at work right now:
1. If you had Bitcoin (BTC) before the snapshot, you can claim free BTX!
2. Every monday for the next few weeks/months you get +2.5% on your coins and additional +2.5 BTX if you are in the top1000 addresses of BTX-addresses.

Check the bitcointalk-thread for detailed info: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1883902.0

It's a coin created with SegWit AND bigger blocks already implemented.

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
LivingDeath

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 08:27:48 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2017, 08:42:52 PM by LivingDeath

Sojourn does an airdrop:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2016889.0

and Onion does with signature campaign.  Wink
sinner

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 08:42:23 PM

That's a giveaway.  Not an airdrop.
hellwithbanks

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 09:55:13 PM

Kekcoin
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 10:28:03 PM

I think it is not easy to predict that airdrop coin will have future for a new coin. Airdrop coin is usually for new coins not for stable coins. I prefer to stand up and see the aridrop. I have experience to earn airdrop coin I should download wallet. In fact the wallet content malware that spy my PC. I lost my PV key mew wallet finally. So I don't like airdrop coin now.
stevebc

Activity: 209

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 10:29:17 PM

YES

Some of the community/activity based tokens like waves community or MRT are proportional.

Some of the giveaway/airdrop tokens are proportional and some are fixed size to all holders/participants.  Many just "appear" because they're granted to all WAVES holders while others need an active signup.

How exactly do you get waves?  I looked briefly trying to figure out what they where and was left totally bemused.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Helios45

Activity: 244
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 12:12:47 AM

YES

How exactly do you get waves?  I looked briefly trying to figure out what they where and was left totally bemused.

You can send BTC to the Waves lite wallet and exchange it for waves in the same platform
JustMissed

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 12:57:25 AM

YES

You will need to download the wallet, and you can get waves from exchanges and then send them to your wallet. You can also send bitcoin
to your waves wallet and buy waves through it (but you will need a small amount of waves in your wallet to do that, There are a few waves faucets you can go to wavesdrop.com and wavesgo.com/faucet.).
And there are lots of free tokens that can show up in your wallet, some good some not so good.
There are also air drops once a month for waves holders.
TuckJeezyKEK

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 03:48:44 AM

Where would find out to see if anyone is doing an Airdrop?
lijoe408

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:04:14 AM

Where would find out to see if anyone is doing an Airdrop?

ANN threads will contain distribution info.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 596 »
  Print  

Jump to: