Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:55:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 595 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Any new airdrop coins?  (Read 332374 times)
concept2

Activity: 750
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 07:13:47 PM

Mmhhh... I suspect some "airdrop" coin to have keylogger... I was hacked a few years ago and I am pretty sure my critical security breach was to run every wallet from new "free" coins. Sadly on Windows with "exe files" and not source code you will NEVER be sure of what you are running.

Be careful guys. I prefer air drop with sidechain (ethereum, counterparty...).
Haha that is correct. Therefore you need to check whethere the wallet has virus or not and then decide to download it or not. I have not downloaded many things on the internet since I used bitcoin because I believe that malware can easily steal all of our bitcoin in less than an hour.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bct_ail
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 2217

https://t1p.de/6ghrf

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2017, 07:31:10 PM

Mmhhh... I suspect some "airdrop" coin to have keylogger... I was hacked a few years ago and I am pretty sure my critical security breach was to run every wallet from new "free" coins. Sadly on Windows with "exe files" and not source code you will NEVER be sure of what you are running.

Be careful guys. I prefer air drop with sidechain (ethereum, counterparty...).
Haha that is correct. Therefore you need to check whethere the wallet has virus or not and then decide to download it or not. I have not downloaded many things on the internet since I used bitcoin because I believe that malware can easily steal all of our bitcoin in less than an hour.
That’s the reason why I have a separate OS for each wallet and each wallet has a different password and I have more than one wallet for the same coin.
It is pretty a lot of work to keep them but I think that is better than to lost all my coins

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
sinner

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 07:58:34 PM

That’s the reason why I have a separate OS for each wallet and each wallet has a different password and I have more than one wallet for the same coin.
It is pretty a lot of work to keep them but I think that is better than to lost all my coins

What do you mean "a separate OS for each wallet"?  Could you provide more details on how you securely use random shitcoin wallets safely?

Are you buying a new hard drive for each shitcoin you run or something?  Do you just make a lot of partitions to your hard drive so you have like 50 boot options when you start comp?  Do you make new user with limited permissions for each new shitcoin wallet?

Thanks  Grin  Cheesy
spaceinvader10

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 08:16:39 PM

What do you mean "a separate OS for each wallet"?  Could you provide more details on how you securely use random shitcoin wallets safely?

Are you buying a new hard drive for each shitcoin you run or something?  Do you just make a lot of partitions to your hard drive so you have like 50 boot options when you start comp?  Do you make new user with limited permissions for each new shitcoin wallet?

Thanks  Grin  Cheesy

I think he means like having dual boot. One window with nothing but just wallets and the other is as the main user group?
SparkyU

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 08:25:04 PM

Thanks  Grin  Cheesy

I just install anything sketchy that needs to be installed inside of a virtual machine, never had any problems since I started doing that years ago.
BurstIncomeAsset

Activity: 504
Merit: 511

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 08:41:14 PM

Self moderated ann thread is suspicious

Also a .onion address is needed if I'm not wrong Huh
BurstIncomeAsset

Activity: 504
Merit: 511

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 08:50:53 PM

The DeepOnion "airdrop" is a signature campaign in disguise. You need to have the signature to claim the "airdrop". Also 90% pre-mined.
bct_ail
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 2217

https://t1p.de/6ghrf

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2017, 09:05:28 PM

Thanks  Grin  Cheesy
I have heaps of USB-Sticks (HODL). Each Stick contain a wallet and its OS. I split a coin over several wallets. Example: I have 1000 blablaCoin. A coin has the Value 10$. Then I would make 10 USB-Sticks with one wallet each and each wallet cointains 100 blablaCoins. So if one wallet would be hacked, I lost "only" 1000$. If the price climbs higher, I would do more USB-Sticks/wallets and each wallet would contain about 1000$ again.

For new coins/wallet I use a new USB-Stick and look what will happen.

That would work with virtual maschines too.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
riskthebiscuit

Activity: 518
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 09:09:40 PM

Thanks  Grin  Cheesy

I just install anything sketchy that needs to be installed inside of a virtual machine, never had any problems since I started doing that years ago.

This! Install a VM and you will have no worries, other than that VM crashing and burning down. Woah person above does a lotta work ^^ props to you  Grin
stevebc

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 10:51:54 PM

The DeepOnion "airdrop" is a signature campaign in disguise. You need to have the signature to claim the "airdrop". Also 90% pre-mined.

Plus they require 10 posts a week, and all that spam inducing stuff.  I've signed up, but can't imagine I'll stick with it long - the whole airdrop label was a misnomer.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
spaceinvader10

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:57:06 AM

Plus they require 10 posts a week, and all that spam inducing stuff.  I've signed up, but can't imagine I'll stick with it long - the whole airdrop label was a misnomer.

Interesting I thought they said there was no pre-mine. I guess I might be wrong. However there is huge hashrate from there pools right now.
bitcoinbox

Activity: 675
Merit: 254

So far so good

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 03:19:02 AM

Any way participating in the airdrop without installing the wallet? Like using my Etherwallet for example?
USBitcoinServices.Com

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

Earn bitcoins every hour: USBitcoinServices.com

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 04:17:45 AM

Not exactly airdrop but this dentcoin project has a bounty available to join and earn some coins. Dentcoin is intended to disrupt mobile data in the telecom industry.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1974825.0

metalbean

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:23:30 AM

I think stellar/lumens are having some type of airdrop isometime in the near future for anyone who holds btc afaik.Here is their new thread:   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1428573.msg14454454#msg14454454

Does it work?

I've read feedbacks that Poloniex (and maybe even Kraken) didn't recognize the airdrop so people ended up not getting any. I'd like to try it if it works.
metalbean

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:24:51 AM

Yes, it's not an airdrop. It's a signature campaign. Someone should tell them that (again).
metalbean

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:29:52 AM

I was very lucky I come across this thread!

I will spread this when I have the chance. Airdrops are seldom happening and they mean free token with effortless cost. They should not be wasted as lost opportunities.

Thanks for this!

It depends on "effortless". Airdrops are usually for small timers (me included, and no offence guys) because whales are not interested to link their 10,000 bitcoins to the airdrop clients just to claim coins that return < 1% monthly. Especially putting their coins on online exchange to validate the claims.

To be fair some airdrops are running well and I join them, so I don't want to stereotype.
metalbean

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:34:37 AM

I'm sorry, maybe I don't read enough about crypto--what is an airdrop coin?

It actually means that once the coin is dropped on Bitcointalk, money is being generated out of air.

~CfA~
Not trying to be dense:  Is that what it really means?  I will say that I see a lot of coins for which that's exactly the case. 

i was joking Wink

Check out Auroracoin for instance - a classic example of Airdrop.

~CfA~

Auroracoin is a classic example of why an airdrop won't work.  Grin
There have been plans of air dropping even small amounts of bitcoins (in Dominica) to increase bitcoin adoption.

Yes, it's a pity Auroracoin's airdrop didn't work. They were the pioneers (not mentioning also pioneering premined iirc).

Have always wondered if it might worked if the airdrop was given to selected few icelanders first (priority holders) before giving out to the masses.

Another interesting concept was to claim it through their national registry, how did they do that without people claiming for others?

Bitcoin_trader2016

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

BITCOIN TRADER 2016

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 06:31:00 AM

I was very lucky I come across this thread!

I will spread this when I have the chance. Airdrops are seldom happening and they mean free token with effortless cost. They should not be wasted as lost opportunities.

Thanks for this!

It depends on "effortless". Airdrops are usually for small timers (me included, and no offence guys) because whales are not interested to link their 10,000 bitcoins to the airdrop clients just to claim coins that return < 1% monthly. Especially putting their coins on online exchange to validate the claims.

To be fair some airdrops are running well and I join them, so I don't want to stereotype.

Yeah thats true i agree with you whales are always choose the percentage of there holding bitcoins they are a lot of money they just only setting there and wait that there holding coins goes up and up about us smalltimer we happy with a small income and airdrop the giving to us giant whales dont about us smalltimer

jukKas

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 09:16:04 AM

Byteball airdrop is exeptional. Wondering when somebody build distribution model that distributes coin for free via airdrops for many years. There would be a lot of interest about that coin and it would gather wide user base.

Bitcoin
The Catcher in the Rye

Activity: 131
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:52:32 PM

Guys, what initial distribution do you prefer more: Airdrop + big premine or ICO with a very low cap - let's say 500,000 USD for 1-2 years of development and small premine for further support & development of the project, when team will be out of ICO funds?

It's not a binary choice.  It would seem the best approach is a hybrid one--get your coins into as many hands as possible:

for example, a new coin could do:
- 50% ICO
- 25% mined over, say, a 1 year period
- 20% airdrop (on bitcoin and ethereum holders)
- 5% for development

Yep, this approach sounds very fair. It reminds me the way chosen by Decred. But they didn't have ICO at all, but:
4% premine for development
4% airdrop to 4000 participants (for initial decentralized distribution)
92% mined over 50 years

So after launch the network is already pretty decentralized and there is still a lot of space for newcomers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 595 »
  Print  

Jump to: