Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 10:28:32 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 6970's  (Read 838 times)
xxdeliverancexx (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 10:31:16 PM

wondering how to get the most out of my grfx cards. I have 2 6970's and only one of them is showing usage in the MSI monitor. I know both of them work. Is there a trick to USING both of them simultaneously to mine? Thx.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 11:04:35 PM

wondering how to get the most out of my grfx cards. I have 2 6970's and only one of them is showing usage in the MSI monitor. I know both of them work. Is there a trick to USING both of them simultaneously to mine? Thx.

More info is needed.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
SAC

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 11:11:03 PM

Is there a trick to USING both of them simultaneously to mine? Thx.

Yes windows requires a monitor plugged into both cards for them to work for mining.
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 11:12:47 PM

Yes windows requires a monitor plugged into both cards for them to work for mining.
Or a dummy plug or Crossfire activated.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
SAC

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 11:14:26 PM

Since you knew the answer why not tell him in first post..
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 11:16:19 PM

May not be the problem. Miner could be set up wrong, why I asked for more information. He may only have 1 set up. Since you posted as well, why didn't you include the information I did?

Albert Einstein
SAC

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 11:28:24 PM

May not be the problem. Miner could be set up wrong, why I asked for more information. He may only have 1 set up. Since you posted as well, why didn't you include the information I did?

Because I answer questions in my own way my not yours and I don't do post whoring. PLONK.
xxdeliverancexx (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 11:34:55 PM

I do have them in crossfire and these are my settings. As you can see it doesnt show any usage on my other card. I am certain that both of them work. http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff517/malachi01/Untitled_zps086bfce9.pngAnd i have created that second profile(gpu2) to try and separately activate my other card. I didnt get very far w that tho.
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 01:00:47 AM

Because I answer questions in my own way my not yours and I don't do post whoring. PLONK.

Did your mom have any kids that lived, NostradumbASS? Didn't think so.

"Don't do post whoring"  .......said the post whore. Let me help turn your ignore piss yellow, like your teeth.

Albert Einstein
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 01:08:52 AM

I do have them in crossfire and these are my settings. As you can see it doesnt show any usage on my other card. I am certain that both of them work. And i have created that second profile(gpu2) to try and separately activate my other card. I didnt get very far w that tho.

Hit the drop down on your GPU, is Cayman0 and Cayman1 being used? I see you have Default and gpu2, are the both for the same pool? One should be 0 and the other 1.

Albert Einstein
xxdeliverancexx (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 01:33:04 AM

yes, i have it set as suggested. But you can see the "EXT path" at the top. Not sure what that is supposed to say. But when I hit "start mining" nothing happens. http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff517/malachi01/gui_zps0bc69cd5.png
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 01:39:08 AM

yes, i have it set as suggested. But you can see the "EXT path" at the top. Not sure what that is supposed to say. But when I hit "start mining" nothing happens.

Going back up a few posts, you have a dummy plug on the second GPU? I don't recall seeing that box. How about remove both and start fresh? Make sure you choose File, New Miner, New OPenCL miner. Once it's running, save it and then duplicate, change the GPU. Once that one runs, don't forget to save.

Albert Einstein
xxdeliverancexx (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 01:49:00 AM

yes, i have it set as suggested. But you can see the "EXT path" at the top. Not sure what that is supposed to say. But when I hit "start mining" nothing happens. http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff517/malachi01/gui_zps2657c1d6.png

Going back up a few posts, you have a dummy plug on the second GPU? I don't recall seeing that box. How about remove both and start fresh? Make sure you choose File, New Miner, New OPenCL miner. Once it's running, save it and then duplicate, change the GPU. Once that one runs, don't forget to save.
you solved it for me. Between the time i posted this and now, i have plaugged in another monitor to the second card. Would that be the reason (that and a restart) that I can use both now? Plus....im still not showing any activity on the other card thru MSI. Edit: It is now roaring like the other.
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 01:53:34 AM

yes, i have it set as suggested. But you can see the "EXT path" at the top. Not sure what that is supposed to say. But when I hit "start mining" nothing happens.

you solved it for me. Between the time i posted this and now, i have plaugged in another monitor to the second card. Would that be the reason (that and a restart) that I can use both now? Plus....im still not showing any activity on the other card thru MSI. Hmmm....

I believe Vista and on, if the OS doesn't see a GPU being used, it turns them off to save power. We run into this alot in Boinc.
In your Summary tab, are you seeing Hash equal to 2-6970's?
You can also make dummy plugs yourself, cheap. Just use the adapter than came with the GPU (if you have it) and buy some resistors from RS.
Here is a how to: http://www.overclock.net/t/384733/the-30-second-dummy-plug

Albert Einstein
xxdeliverancexx (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 01:20:44 PM

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff517/malachi01/26790s_zps020247a3.pngSo, I let them run all night last night thinking I would have some progress when I woke up. Nothing was being mined and the cards were cooled down to room temp. What this be what you were speaking of? How to override this?
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 03:12:01 PM

So, I let them run all night last night thinking I would have some progress when I woke up. Nothing was being mined and the cards were cooled down to room temp. What this be what you were speaking of? How to override this?

Turn off screen saver and hibernate/sleep mode. PC needs to be always on.

Albert Einstein
xxdeliverancexx (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 01:43:00 AM

thanks for the advice! You all have been very helpful.
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 01:47:59 AM

thanks for the advice! You all have been very helpful.

YW.

Albert Einstein
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: