Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:38:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any way of retrieving BTC from Tradehill?  (Read 625 times)
dashteeb (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 10:46:55 PM

This is a complete shot in the dark.  I had 20 or so BTC on Tradehill and didn't hear of their demise until I couldn't log on one day (several months had passed between my last login).

I slapped myself on the wrist and wrote this off as an unfortunate lesson learned.  But I was wondering today, is there perhaps a way of getting those coins back if I still have all my Tradehill login information?  I saw an old article today saying they were returning all the funds back to their clients?  Did they perhaps make their clients wallets available on backup servers, and are those perhaps still accessible (30 years later, or whenever Tradehill went down)?

If I could find my Tradehill wallet backup (which I don't think I can), could I recover the coins? 

Thanks for humoring a newbie.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 11:35:08 PM

I saw an old article today saying they were returning all the funds back to their clients? 

The thread with the e-mail address for you to send your inquiry:

- http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101467.0 

Did they perhaps make their clients wallets available on backup servers, and are those perhaps still accessible (30 years later, or whenever Tradehill went down)?

A hosted (shared) EWallet like what Tradehill used does not have the concept of "client's wallets".  Your bitcoins were in Tradehill's wallet.    The problem likely ins't that there is a problem accessing the wallet the problem is that the company claims to have suffered what ended up being fatal losses when Dwolla reversed deposits.  As a result, the company doesn't have all the bitcoins necessary to repay those who had bitcoins deposited.

If I could find my Tradehill wallet backup (which I don't think I can), could I recover the coins? 

So there's no such thing as a "Tradehill wallet backup" that its customers had.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

dashteeb (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 04:47:48 AM

Thank you very much!!!  I'll look into it.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 04:55:01 AM

Thank you very much!!!  I'll look into it.

Actually Tradehill guys plan for a comeback, so you will probably recover your coins.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/03/18/embattled-bitcoin-exchange-tradehill-is-back/

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: