Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:41:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Account Recovery  (Read 295 times)
Aahzmundus2 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 05:49:52 AM

For some time my original account Aahzmundus, has not been available to me.  After one of the database breaches my weak password was cracked and my account stolen.  Because the account was used to scam It was deactivated.  Several different times in the past I have tried to recover my old account to no avail.  I have previously emailed proofs (signatures of old addresses) to different people but no action was taken.

Is there any chance of me getting that account back?  Figured I would try again since it has been a while since my last recovery attempt.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 05:52:00 AM

Your best bet would probably be to email theymos with your proofs, however, your proofs have to be rock solid evidence with no way of refuting that the said account is actually yours.

If your old account is used to scam, I have no clue as to why you want to recover it. It would be better of getting good karma on your this account

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 06:11:23 AM

Your best bet would probably be to email theymos with your proofs, however, your proofs have to be rock solid evidence with no way of refuting that the said account is actually yours.

If your old account is used to scam, I have no clue as to why you want to recover it. It would be better of getting good karma on your this account

Also creating a thread like this but with signed message within it with known BTC address account used (or even better a staked one).   This helps prove you owned an account at least during time of using that address.

But account recovery is not fast you will see multiple threads trying to recover for one reason or another.  I would email and bump thread maybe every two weeks or so (key is not to do it to often and be a pest).  But a reminder is not a bad thing.

Also I suspect once it is your turn it takes a bit to investigate due to what story sounds like.  Are you sure scamming is reason it was "deactivated"?   There are a few scammers I have seen that did not get banned, just tons of negative feedback.  So I'm not sure that is reason on "deactivated" but I could very well be wrong.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 08:01:59 AM

For some time my original account Aahzmundus, has not been available to me.  After one of the database breaches my weak password was cracked and my account stolen.  Because the account was used to scam It was deactivated.  Several different times in the past I have tried to recover my old account to no avail.  I have previously emailed proofs (signatures of old addresses) to different people but no action was taken.

Is there any chance of me getting that account back?  Figured I would try again since it has been a while since my last recovery attempt.

Deactivated? Do you mean perma-banned?
Post a signed message here, keep bumping it once in a while and hope for the best.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: