Bitcoin Forum
July 13, 2024, 09:58:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Faucet Webhosting  (Read 761 times)
rudimentaryinc (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 02:04:02 AM

I would like to create my own faucet but I am having trouble finding a web hosting site that I like. Are there any recommended sites? Are any of them free?

I have the script but I need a webhosting site
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 02:12:34 AM

look in here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=212.0
There are tuts about how to make faucet in there and also which free hosting can be used.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 02:39:57 PM

I was running a faucetbox-based faucet over a year ago. I have used free hosting service from https://byet.host/free-hosting
It offers everything you need to start your faucet. I have only tested it with faucetbox. I do not know if every other faucet script is also running smoothly on the service because the php.ini is very strictly.
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 03:46:50 PM

You can have free hosting but still need to buy the domain. Most of domain sellers will offer you a free hosting usually for one year, then you have to pay or quit.
try namecheap

GhenScie

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 01:24:20 AM

I was running a faucetbox-based faucet over a year ago. I have used free hosting service from https://byet.host/free-hosting
It offers everything you need to start your faucet. I have only tested it with faucetbox. I do not know if every other faucet script is also running smoothly on the service because the php.ini is very strictly.
Byethost support said they don't allow faucet related sites. Tried twice and got suspended twice Embarrassed
robattfield

Activity: 783
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 02:12:48 AM

I would like to create my own faucet but I am having trouble finding a web hosting site that I like. Are there any recommended sites? Are any of them free?

I have the script but I need a webhosting site

DigitalOcean provide really good VPS machines for as little as USD$5 a month. I've been using them for 3 years and have had no problems with them. You have greater control over how the VPS runs, but you have to know what you are doing (they do provide backups for a small additional fee, which I also use).

Free hosting providers are quite unreliable, and are too strict in what you can and can't do (even for legal things). If you can afford USD$5 a month, it would be better for you in a long run - you can have many websites and databases (as the VPS will allow), and you could easily make that USD$5 back every month if you market your site/s well enough.
tungaqhd

Activity: 1540
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:54:05 AM

I recommended namecheap for small faucet or people who people who is new.
If you have large amount of traffic, then VPS is better.
If you want free host, try hostinger  Grin Grin Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: