Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:34:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm looking to make a competition for the design of my steam avatar.  (Read 449 times)
Monnt (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 11:00:28 AM

Hey guys, I've ordered many avatars for my Steam account around the forum, but I'm still not happy with those that I've gotten. I'm thinking of making a competition for my avatar, so what should my prizes be? I have a budget of a maximum (I really don't want to go all the way up here) 0.05BTC. What would be the most cost-efficient setup for me, but also a good incentive for the entrants?

Things I need discussed:

• Prize amount
  • Prizes (1 winner, 3 winners. etc)
  • Anything else that will contribute towards a better competition and outcome for me

Thanks in advance for all your help guys. Smiley
KenR

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 11:09:25 AM

If you can consider some rules from below.Just my two cents .

• Any member above Jr Member rank can participate (losers make multiple entries with newbie accounts,maybe you can only allow Member+)

•Since its a small bounty,keep only 1 winner for 0.05 or split it among the best two, one gets 0.03 ,other gets 0.02.

•Allow only original designs ,not ripping media from anywhere on the internet.

•Allow only 2-3 maximum entries by each member so they can bring the best out in less time.

•All entries from particular member must be included in a single post.Keeps the thread organised.

•Escrow the payment.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
Monnt (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 04:10:50 AM

If you can consider some rules from below.Just my two cents .

• Any member above Jr Member rank can participate (losers make multiple entries with newbie accounts,maybe you can only allow Member+)

•Since its a small bounty,keep only 1 winner for 0.05 or split it among the best two, one gets 0.03 ,other gets 0.02.

•Allow only original designs ,not ripping media from anywhere on the internet.

•Allow only 2-3 maximum entries by each member so they can bring the best out in less time.

•All entries from particular member must be included in a single post.Keeps the thread organised.

•Escrow the payment.

Thanks. Do you think my pay of 0.05 BTC is sufficient, or should I increase it? Or even if it's too high, should I decrease it?

How long should a competition like this last?
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 3441

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2016, 07:29:49 AM

Regarding the price, 0.05BTCitcoin would be good enough for the winner but won't be that attractive if split over two or three winners (unfortunately). Since your in a tight budget, I would say make it 0.035BTCitcoin for the winner, 0.01BTCitcoin for the second and 0.005BTCitcoin for the 3rd spot. You could also add every earned money from the posts you would be making on the contest (from signature campaign), to the rewards as well (like a bonus). Honestly I have to say, you have to increase the reward or else you'll be ending up with same results as before (not being satisfied), since you get what you pay. The competition should go for a week.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 07:43:18 PM

I mean, you're paying $18 for a profile picture; plus, 0.05BTC isn't even a high bounty for a competition due to the corporations in the market for new graphics and higher budgets. I'd say that 0.05BTC should be more, definitely more, than enough for a single Steam profile picture. Unless you need something seriously complex, it wouldn't take a proficient graphics designer more than, say, 30 minutes to design it.

I'd say go to a single designer and bring a somewhat good idea of what you want.
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 05:26:22 AM

Can you start with mentioning the dimensions of a Steam avatar? How many applications does it have, and how many sizes of the finalized product will you need? A good designer knows the limitations of what will be displayed correctly based on the dimensions that they are given. For example, something may look great at a full size, but when minimized to a smaller avatar, the details may be lost, and the overall image won't look as good.

Depending on what you're looking for, I'm sure you could easily find a designer to do an avatar for you for 0.05BTC. But as a designer myself, if it requires multiple revisions and major detail-work in the finalized product, 0.05BTC is probably the minimum amount I would do this for.

And a very important question: Are you looking for custom artwork/sketching? That would require a graphic artist. Or are you okay with taking multiple elements found on the web and integrating them together, along with some basic designs to create your final product? That would require a graphic designer.

Can you give some examples of the types of avatars that you like? Placing some examples of what types of avatars you like will help to minimize the unqualified designers from joining; they'll take one look and say "I'm not qualified for this" and weed themselves out (hopefully).

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 05:51:15 AM

i think 0.05BTC is a good prize for an avatar it is nearly $22 at the current rate.
and also for your contest you should specify what kind of avatar you want, it can be a drawn picture, or sometimes a simple picture of a character can become an awesome avatar with some small photoshop work

why does these two matter?
i think it is not important at all who enters or how many times they enter, it is not a giveaway or lottery game. if the design is good they can submit 1000 avatars as long as OP is not picking by chance but picking by quality.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Monnt (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 12:25:22 PM

Can you start with mentioning the dimensions of a Steam avatar? How many applications does it have, and how many sizes of the finalized product will you need? A good designer knows the limitations of what will be displayed correctly based on the dimensions that they are given. For example, something may look great at a full size, but when minimized to a smaller avatar, the details may be lost, and the overall image won't look as good.

Depending on what you're looking for, I'm sure you could easily find a designer to do an avatar for you for 0.05BTC. But as a designer myself, if it requires multiple revisions and major detail-work in the finalized product, 0.05BTC is probably the minimum amount I would do this for.

And a very important question: Are you looking for custom artwork/sketching? That would require a graphic artist. Or are you okay with taking multiple elements found on the web and integrating them together, along with some basic designs to create your final product? That would require a graphic designer.

Can you give some examples of the types of avatars that you like? Placing some examples of what types of avatars you like will help to minimize the unqualified designers from joining; they'll take one look and say "I'm not qualified for this" and weed themselves out (hopefully).

Uh, I'm not really sure how to explain it, but if you search up "simplistic vector avatar" It will come up with the style I prefer. Because this way the small details as you say don't get removed easily.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: