Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:17:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU Mining Help  (Read 809 times)
IamFuzzles (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 06:42:04 AM

I've been doing a bit of research into this over the last few weeks and finally want to get started. The problem I'm having is finding a well recommended client to use that will utilize my GPU. I've searched the forums, and though I've tried to persevere, it still feels a bit daunting. If anyone could point me to a no-nonsense guide to setting things up, that'd be great. I haven't downloaded any sort of client, haven't started at all in fact. Not sure if it's necessary, but I currently have an ATI HD4870. Thank you in advanced, any help is appreciated.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LegitBit

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 06:44:41 AM

I have been planning a guide, but if you'd like a pointer in the right direction while I sort that out.. - check on GUIminer, it is probably the simplest to understand.

http://forum.bitcoin.org/?topic=3878.0

Donate : 1EiAKUmTVtqXsaGLKQQVvLT9DDnHsT7jTZ (Block Explorer)
IamFuzzles (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 06:53:51 AM

This looks great, thank you! One quick question, should I create a wallet and such first using the official client? Again, I've been looking into this for a bit, and I'd like to think I'm not an idiot, but still not 100% sure on the specifics of these things.
LegitBit

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 07:09:50 AM

Yes, you will need an address to send bitcoin to, for that you need the wallet application. There are online wallets, but I wouldn't trust that to someone else.

Donate : 1EiAKUmTVtqXsaGLKQQVvLT9DDnHsT7jTZ (Block Explorer)
IamFuzzles (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 08:32:31 AM

Good to know, thanks again. I guess I'll get started, try it out on my own, then maybe join a pool. Still need to find places to learn more in depth on all this stuff. The help is greatly appreciated, thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: