Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:45:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-E should support a wider variety of Alt-Coins: TRC, PPC, FRC  (Read 1150 times)
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 03:08:21 PM

While everyone here knows I'm partial to TRC, I think BTC-E should make an effort in light of this NVC scandal to support a wider array of alt-coins. It's clear there is support for TRC, PPC and to some degree FRC (although the FRC'ers kinda have their own forum and not sure if they really care what we are doing here). How hard would it be to add these coins to the exchange? If they don't want to bother with more buttons, why can't they give us a sub-exchange- even RUC has it's own hidden exchange running.

TRC, PPC, and FRC all have block explorers, mining pools, active dev's, strong support for betting sites, no premine, an active mining community, and vibrant communities. Each are experimenting with their own individual characteristics.

While of course there will be threads upon threads arguing the intrinsic value of each coin- what it does different, what it does better then the other, whether or not it has a right to exist, but I think we can all agree that TRC, PPC and FRC are certainly more "transparent", "older", and perhaps fairer, coins then NVC. Indeed, why would BTC-E support the Fork of a coin and not the original coin itself? Especially when the original coin is far better supported and has a far deeper community?

Certainly the debate about NVC will rage on, and I for one am not against it- lest the argument I might make against NVC be in turn used against TRC or any other coin.  Although one must admit the circumstances surrounding it's appearance on BTC-E are indeed questionable.

Although BTC-E is a private company and thus can do as they please, I hope they realize the special place they hold among us in the community and the responsibility we have entrusted to them. In light of this NVC scandal I think it would be just and fair to us other alt-coin supporters to consider our requests to trade on BTC-E as well. While we do not have a special connection to the owners of BTC-E, I certainly would hope that BTC-E would judge other coins on their merits and supporters rather then personal connections they may or may not have with a coins developer.

DISCLAIMER: For the record, despite my ardent TRC support, I am NOT it's founder, I am not it's DEV, nor am I affiliated with the Terracoin DEV beyond communicating on the mailing list and on github/sourceforge, I also do not know who the DEV is in real life. I also have no, nor have had any, special privileges in the TRC ecosystem. I am the creator of terracoin.info and terrawallet.com and will in the future be a creator for other Terracoin sites. The TRC difficulty is still low enough (and probably will remain so for quite awhile) that anyone can mine- even solo mining and make coins.

more or less retired.
webosftw

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 03:45:52 PM

TRC ftw. Really hope they get implemented by btc-e. Im also kinda of trc addict. TRC FTW
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 03:58:25 PM

Yeah I made request to BTC-e to include TRC, but would also love to see PPC on there.... come on peoploe ... dust off ur keyboards and make a request to the admins and support at BTC-e to include these currencies.... they will if there is enough demand for it

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
Sunny King
Legendary

Activity: 1205

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 04:04:39 PM

TRC, PPC, and FRC all have block explorers, mining pools, active dev's, strong support for betting sites, no premine, an active mining community, and vibrant communities. Each are experimenting with their own individual characteristics.

TRC release was not announced I think that constitutes a premine. FRC was only announced on their own forum, also with 80% tax for the foundation. So I cannot agree with your statement here.
Atruk

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 04:06:35 PM

While everyone here knows I'm partial to TRC, I think BTC-E should make an effort in light of this NVC scandal to support a wider array of alt-coins. It's clear there is support for TRC, PPC and to some degree FRC (although the FRC'ers kinda have their own forum and not sure if they really care what we are doing here). How hard would it be to add these coins to the exchange? If they don't want to bother with more buttons, why can't they give us a sub-exchange- even RUC has it's own hidden exchange running.

Maybe you should see if Kumala would be willing to put TRC on Vircurex. I use them for my Devcoin and Namecoin trading. When their BTC balance was wiped by RoR he covered losses out of his pocket. Trading activity can be a bit sporadic, but massive amounts of BTC/LTC trades have happened there. They already carry PPCoin, and who really cares about FRC anymore. I'd not open a FRC exchange because the 80% to the foundation is a trading hazard.

BugSpirit

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 04:29:33 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2013, 04:46:49 PM by BugSpirit

Any whim for your money. You can even get support for your scam if you provide a share in it to BTC-E owners.
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 04:33:01 PM

Maybe you should see if Kumala would be willing to put TRC on Vircurex. I use them for my Devcoin and Namecoin trading. When their BTC balance was wiped by RoR he covered losses out of his pocket. Trading activity can be a bit sporadic, but massive amounts of BTC/LTC trades have happened there. They already carry PPCoin, and who really cares about FRC anymore. I'd not open a FRC exchange because the 80% to the foundation is a trading hazard.

Those are good points, I'll try to contact him!

more or less retired.
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 04:41:38 PM

TRC release was not announced I think that constitutes a premine. FRC was only announced on their own forum, also with 80% tax for the foundation. So I cannot agree with your statement here.

TRC did not have an official announcement it's true, (although there is a theory that the first person who posted about it here might be the creator)

Okay, fair enough.

In TRC's defence though, it was started on the 26th of October, but the time of the 100th block was reached, it was the 31st of October which is when I started mining, and it appeared on the forums. That means there was a 'premine' of sorts of 100 blocks, but as the block reward is only 20TRC, that means only 2000 coins were mined between the time of the genesis block and it's appearance on the forums when people in general started mining. Considering there are now over 1 million coins mined, I think you could agree that a 2000 coin 'premine' does not give anyone an unfair advantage. One can still mine many hundreds of coins per day easily with 3 6950 GPUs.

more or less retired.
Liquid

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 04:43:59 PM

at least support PPC  Cheesy

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
Sunny King
Legendary

Activity: 1205

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 04:47:07 PM

Okay, fair enough.

In TRC's defence though, it was started on the 26th of October, but the time of the 100th block was reached, it was the 31st of October which is when I started mining, and it appeared on the forums. That means there was a 'premine' of sorts of 100 blocks, but as the block reward is only 20TRC, that means only 2000 coins were mined between the time of the genesis block and it's appearance on the forums when people in general started mining. Considering there are now over 1 million coins mined, I think you could agree that a 2000 coin 'premine' does not give anyone an unfair advantage. One can still mine many hundreds of coins per day easily with 3 6950 GPUs.

Are you sure your stats are correct? TRC is supposed to have block every 2 minutes, and very fast adjustment (30 block difficulty adjustment), so I would think there should be more like ~3000 blocks in a 4~5 day period?
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 04:51:09 PM

Okay, fair enough.

Are you sure your stats are correct? TRC is supposed to have block every 2 minutes, and very fast adjustment (30 block difficulty adjustment), so I would think there should be more like ~3000 blocks in a 4~5 day period?

Let me check again, but when I converted the UNIX time stamp of the 100th block, it was the 31st of October. Perhaps the difficulty can not go below a certain level? (1 perhaps?) And perhaps the creator was CPU mining?

more or less retired.
der_meister

Activity: 155

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 04:59:29 PM

I'm not against NVC support, but I don't understand why BTC-E are ignoring TRC and PPC Huh I trade them on bitparking, zapto, vircurex...come on btc-e!

Moving on is a simple thing,
what it leaves behind is hard...
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 05:01:51 PM

Okay, fair enough.

The hash of Block 100 is: 0000000076a64544ad9c73fef946f01c849dd5a3cda2eb3d6cf8cd4d7bed8459

The block data is:

{
"hash" : "0000000076a64544ad9c73fef946f01c849dd5a3cda2eb3d6cf8cd4d7bed8459",
"confirmations" : 70937,
"size" : 187,
"height" : 100,
"version" : 2,
"merkleroot" : "0d38450ee9a38a4200106ad193a31609e41e0bc757379577c8f92ef1faeaa60e",
"tx" : [
"0d38450ee9a38a4200106ad193a31609e41e0bc757379577c8f92ef1faeaa60e"
],
"time" : 1351694566,
"nonce" : 3932147117,
"bits" : "1d0096f7",
"difficulty" : 1.69573317,
"previousblockhash" : "00000000275b9c6b6a70217335200e105083066c2e86ede8f719358a492f942c",
"nextblockhash" : "000000000c67db044801fb1c9170886d4f8e8dece6ddda67f4537a983cfed018"
}

The Unix time stamp is: 1351694566 which converts to Wed, 31 Oct 2012 14:42:46 GMT

So yes, 100 blocks in 4-5 days.

The time stamp of block 50 is 1351691410, or also Oct 31st.

The time stamp of block 10 is 1351440371 or Oct 28th.

I'm not sure which block corresponds to the day before Oct31st, or the day of it's announcement, but it's less then block 50, meaning less then 1000 coins were mined prior to it going public. You could argue that it's a 1000 coin pre-mine, but in the face of the current total of coins, well over a million, I hardly think it really makes a difference.

Of course my math somehow could be all wrong- anyone care to check?

EDIT: It's also possible that as the only person on the network, the initial dev wasn't even mining. Maybe he had his computer off for most of the time- I would say he obviously had no intention of seriously premining though.

more or less retired.
webosftw

Activity: 205

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 05:05:52 PM

1000 trc premine is nothing...you are able to get  that in 2-3 days
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 05:46:49 PM

1000 trc premine is nothing...you are able to get  that in 2-3 days

Even less, maybe 1.5 days with normal GPU's depending on the diff.

more or less retired.
Vitalicus

Activity: 467

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 09:40:24 PM

I'm not against NVC support, but I don't understand why BTC-E are ignoring TRC and PPC Huh I trade them on bitparking, zapto, vircurex...come on btc-e!

Balthazar is admin (moderator) at btc-e. Balthazar premined 110.000 coins Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: