Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:13:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question: Selling cars  (Read 511 times)
fausto (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 10:03:23 PM

Hello all,

I suppose this is the correct thread to post this, otherwise, I apologize in advance.

I'm currently selling my two cars (a car and a truck), and I was thinking, maybe I should sell them for bitcoins.

They are in the body shop right now, fixing some minor things so I can ask for a better price.

Well, after that introduction, do you think that that is a good idea? Recommendations? etc. Any comments will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 06:16:36 AM

Hello all,

I suppose this is the correct thread to post this, otherwise, I apologize in advance.

I'm currently selling my two cars (a car and a truck), and I was thinking, maybe I should sell them for bitcoins.

They are in the body shop right now, fixing some minor things so I can ask for a better price.

Well, after that introduction, do you think that that is a good idea? Recommendations? etc. Any comments will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks!

It is a brilliant idea. but you didn't mentioned that you accept bitcoin or other currency. I assume that you are selling your cars for bitcoin. and I like that.. let see how much you ask for your car. and share more details about your car. model, company, year, and used period.
sellcollateral

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 06:18:13 AM

I think it's a great idear... Especailly if you don't need the money right away.

I personally think bitcoin prices will rise in the near future (just a gut feeling), so you might be doing a good deal.

Don't forget to post the exact location, all car details and your asking price when starting the sales thread Smiley
RJX
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

umachit.fund

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 10:44:03 AM

Yes it is a good idea, people have been buying cars with Bitcoin for a while and without sellers, well you get the point.

What i'd like to point point out though is this: Bitcoin's value can go up, but it (damn well  Angry) also can go down. Beware of that.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/this-4chan-user-just-bought-a-200k-gallardo-with-bitcoin/

.UmaChit.Fund.
‎ ★
..Revolutionized Rotating..
..Savings & Borrowings.....

‎ ★
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ██████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2016, 02:08:27 PM

If you are looking for an escrow, I can provide that service for a 1% fee. I have traded here for 5 years, been entrusted with thousands of dollars in value, and completed hundreds of trades honoring all of my agreements. Please take a moment to review my trust history and let me know if you need me. Thanks!
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 02:51:46 PM

The problems you'll find are: finding someone close enough to you, that wants these exact makes/models. It's a good idea but as far as successful trades on this forum for cars go, they're far and few between. Large ticket items are a hard sell over the Internet unfortunately. It's worth your while for more exposure, but try to list on 'normal' car selling websites and mention that you'll accept bitcoin. That's your best bet (although you probably will get cash offers, not bitcoin).

...you didn't mentioned that you accept bitcoin or other currency.

Oh but he did...

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2016, 04:20:40 PM

The problems you'll find are: finding someone close enough to you, that wants these exact makes/models. It's a good idea but as far as successful trades on this forum for cars go, they're far and few between. Large ticket items are a hard sell over the Internet unfortunately. It's worth your while for more exposure, but try to list on 'normal' car selling websites and mention that you'll accept bitcoin. That's your best bet (although you probably will get cash offers, not bitcoin).

Oh but he did...

People sell cars for Bitcoin here all the time... open your eyes.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 04:42:17 PM

For a private sale I would just mention taking bitcoins in the description somewhere. I see that on sites all the time. For example Gunbroker does not mention bitcoin but if you search for it you find people who do take it. You could do the same in a craigslist add or even a printed newspaper add.
EXAMPLE: http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=bitcoin&SearchType=1

You will also see a lot of places selling cars for bitcoin. Some dealerships take it. Or go to Overstock, which can get almost any car in bitcoin. Note that you may find bitcoiners expect a deal. Overstock shaves 3% off the price if you pay in bitcoin. Overstock is currently redesigning the site, but they have "millions" of cars to shop for.

EXAMPLE: http://cars.overstock.com/

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 06:10:17 PM

Oh but he did...

People sell cars for Bitcoin here all the time... open your eyes.

Of course people sell cars here. You'll find a buyer quicker anywhere else though.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 07:01:43 PM

Whatever you choose op, since the tranaction of the value of the car assuming its over several grand.

You should go with meeting at a bank and confirm the paper and everything after you confirm your coins.

You have other options as well, there is a start up out there offer selling process easier for you?

https://shift.com/cars/los-angeles

And then you just go buy bitcoin instead after they take out of your cut.
fausto (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2016, 09:51:50 PM

Thanks for your comments.

Well, as soon as I get back my cars I will post them here, but I will also post them somewhere else, just to be sure.

As of the comment about people wanting a deal, well, I'm not in these because I have an urge to sell, so if they think they are overpriced, no worries, I will just stand my ground (at least on my 2014 Passat Wolfsburg).

But anyways, I truly appreciate your comments, let me go and push the body shop guys, you know how they are T_T.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: