Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:46:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] MS66 Casascius Void Coin  (Read 664 times)
Eodguy149 (OP)

Activity: 578
Merit: 554

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 02:36:59 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2016, 02:52:47 AM by Eodguy149

Hello everyone,

I am looking to sell one of my Casascius Void Coins. I have two that have graded MS66, these are the only two Void Coins in existence that have graded that high. Several others have graded MS65 but I have the only two MS66. I will be keeping one for my personal collection and selling this one to a lucky buyer. In total, there are only six Void coins known to exist. They are extremely rare, especially in good condition because they were handed out to members of the press and likely lost or abused. Needless to say, this is an extremely rare coin that is for sale.  

All of the provenance shown in the picture below will be included. This includes the Void Coin, a signed statement from Ben Bledsoe (producer of The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin) stating that this coin was featured in the documentary, a picture of him with Mike Caldwell, and the foam hand that he was wearing in the picture.

This is a must have for any collector. I doubt you will see any more pop up for sale in the near future especially at this grade and with provenance like this. Don't miss out! 

Feel free to post or PM any questions or offers. I am looking for ~7BTC. The coin will be shipped from the US and shipping cost will be negotiated.

edit: not sure why Bitcointalk is refusing to embed the second picture...? Figured it out, the image was over the size limit so I embeded a lower quality picture. The higher quality can be viewed here: https://i.imgur.com/ZEbjm7V.jpg

"Initial Success or Total Failure"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 03:37:25 AM

These coins are very rare indeed. I have one graded MS-65 and only know of 1 other person besides Eodguy419 and myself who owns one.
Zeroxal

Activity: 896
Merit: 508

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 06:01:22 AM

Damn, I wish I could've afforded it...
A rather off topic question: Who is the man on the left of Mike Caldwell? Is he a big personality in the bitcoin world?
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1176

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 06:32:40 AM

So very tempting, I'd take this over any of the silvers because it's so rare. $3,000 for any coin is a lot though, I'm sure there are people out there with deep pockets who wouldn't think twice.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Eodguy149 (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 08:04:03 AM

Damn, I wish I could've afforded it...
A rather off topic question: Who is the man on the left of Mike Caldwell? Is he a big personality in the bitcoin world?

That is Erik Voorhees, you might know him as the previous owner of Satoshi Dice, now the current owner of Coinapult.  Smiley

So very tempting, I'd take this over any of the silvers because it's so rare. $3,000 for any coin is a lot though, I'm sure there are people out there with deep pockets who wouldn't think twice.

I have spent a lot of time trying to come up with a reasonable price and I think mine is very fair. It is less of a premium than the 10BTC or 0.5BTC S2 silver coins and there are far fewer Void coins. With only six known to exist it will be one of the hardest coins to get if an individual is looking for a complete Casascius set which is why I worked so hard to find one for my own collection.

Eodguy149 (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 09:53:32 AM

I have replied to all PM's. Definitely some tempting offers, mostly trades for other coins, but at the moment I would prefer a fully BTC deal. I am slightly flexible on price but not in a huge rush to let this beautiful coin go so I won't accept offers that are too lowball.  Smiley

boomroom

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 01:45:02 PM

Can you please further explain what a void coin is?
Eodguy149 (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 01:48:35 AM

Sale pending, just waiting to finalize payment  Smiley

Eodguy149 (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 04:41:59 AM

Payment has been received and the sale is finalized!  Grin

Sorry to all that missed out on this piece of crypto history.

boomroom

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 11:43:03 AM

Hope this helps a little!! Cheesy

Can you please further explain what a void coin is?

Void coins different and rarer than the demo coins

These were coins made for interviews Mike did. These surface very very rarely.... Mintage I really dont know. But its low. I dont know whether that means 1's or 10's. But I have never seen anything stated. I have only ever seen 2 for sale. Missed the first, and traded for the second one

Mike mentioned them on his Wordpress

https://casascius.wordpress.com/2013/05/19/casascius-coin-production-featured-in-the-rise-and-rise-of-bitcoin/
No one has asked this yet, but I am also seen “making” some coins. As my security policy totally prohibits creating real coins on camera, these coins do not contain real private keys – instead the paper shows the word “VOID” in bold, very clearly, through the window. I call them “voidcoins” or “presscoins”, as I allow the photographer to keep one or two of the completed ones if they wish. All such coins are 0.5 BTC denomination.

Thanks for the info! Well done on the sale OP.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 05:38:34 PM

Since this deal is all set...if anyone is still interested in one of these, feel free to msg me. My VOID coin is graded MS-65 and would possibly be for sale given the right offer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: