Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:13:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What blockchain will be the next to hit $1 Billion?
Lisk - 2 (4.3%)
NEM - 14 (29.8%)
NXT - 0 (0%)
Ethereum Classic - 3 (6.4%)
ARK - 1 (2.1%)
Dash - 3 (6.4%)
Maidsafecoin - 2 (4.3%)
Monero - 2 (4.3%)
Bitshares - 0 (0%)
Factom - 4 (8.5%)
Ardor - 2 (4.3%)
IOTA - 2 (4.3%)
Duality Blockchain Solutions - 10 (21.3%)
Decred - 1 (2.1%)
Stratis - 1 (2.1%)
Steem - 0 (0%)
Zcash - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will be the next $1 Billion Blockchain?  (Read 28064 times)
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 11:59:47 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2016, 12:15:08 AM by iamnotback

I would choose None of the above, although I am not tracking Lisk developments so I am more or less ignorant about it. I also stopped tracking Dash's developments.

Monero might have a shot just being a robust highly respected alternative to Bitcoin's scalepocalypse.

Zerotime does not scale. It scales O(n^2). How many times I pointed that already and I am tired of getting into long fights with all the Vtrash fanboys who apparently don't understand technology yet are so sure that the anonymous "JConner" is phenomenal. Stop fighting with me boys because I am not going to trash your trash again. Waste of my time. Who takes seriously a project with a single anonymous developer who doesn't even write proper white papers. Most all of the altcoins are bad jokes on those gullible enough to purchase them. If you are just speculating on others buying the trash from you at higher prices, okay fine, but pleeeaassse stop with the lies about technology which you don't know enough about.

MaidSafeCoin I trashed recently. Ditto Iota. No need to repeat myself.

Posts like this makes everybody hate me. I think I will STFU about other coins, until or if I can offer something which they can also attack.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ray88

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 03:32:32 AM

I would choose None of the above, although I am not tracking Lisk developments so I am more or less ignorant about it. I also stopped tracking Dash's developments.

Monero might have a shot just being a robust highly respected alternative to Bitcoin's scalepocalypse.

Zerotime does not scale. It scales O(n^2). How many times I pointed that already and I am tired of getting into long fights with all the Vtrash fanboys who apparently don't understand technology yet are so sure that the anonymous "JConner" is phenomenal. Stop fighting with me boys because I am not going to trash your trash again. Waste of my time. Who takes seriously a project with a single anonymous developer who doesn't even write proper white papers. Most all of the altcoins are bad jokes on those gullible enough to purchase them. If you are just speculating on others buying the trash from you at higher prices, okay fine, but pleeeaassse stop with the lies about technology which you don't know enough about.

Posts like this makes everybody hate me. I think I will STFU about other coins, until or if I can offer something which they can also attack.

Sure put zerotime alone and it won't scale the blockchain just by it self. What makes Vcash scalable is the whole package including dynamic block size scaling, nodes that carry the blockchain, udp layer, the fact people no longer need to download the whole blockchain with zeroledger, the way the data is handled and more... If you really think monero has a shot because its respected, your funny... That thing is deprecated.
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 11:58:08 PM

Sure put zerotime alone and it won't scale the blockchain just by it self. What makes Vcash scalable is the whole package including dynamic block size scaling, nodes that carry the blockchain, udp layer, the fact people no longer need to download the whole blockchain with zeroledger, the way the data is handled and more... If you really think monero has a shot because its respected, your funny... That thing is deprecated.

Sorry you lacking technical comprehension. Zerotime's "O(n^2)" scaling complexity has nothing to do with blocksize, but rather the communication propagation latency required between nodes for the "instant" confirmation algorithm. Precisely it is probably better than O(n^2) because not every node has to propagate to every node, but still super-linear which means it won't scale. In other words, the more nodes and/or the more volume of zerotime transactions, the slower confirmation will be.

Also we know from the theory of Byzantine agreement, that 51% agreement is not sufficient. You must have 67% of the nodes agree to prevent the agreement from being jammed unless you have a centralized tally. And Byzantine agreement is impossible when Sybil attacks are possible.

If ever the anonymous "John Conner" writes a proper white paper specification for Zerotime, then the academics can rip it to shreds pointing out the flaws.
dbstmddhks

Activity: 523
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 06:41:34 AM

Dash (2018 Q1) and Atom coin (2018 Q3 ~ 2019 Q1) and Solarcoin

Remember this post.

It will be lenend post  Wink

From wan.
nzminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 07:43:39 AM

"NEM is ready"...

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 09:08:45 AM

I can't find any on  the list, I valued Factom around $150 -$250 million because are now making real money on their own compared to other Altcoins and have been able to find strong partnership. It is very possible to see another $1 billion blockchain project next year

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
cryptonerd1

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 03:51:04 AM

Sorry you lacking technical comprehension. Zerotime's "O(n^2)" scaling complexity has nothing to do with blocksize, but rather the communication propagation latency required between nodes for the "instant" confirmation algorithm. Precisely it is probably better than O(n^2) because not every node has to propagate to every node, but still super-linear which means it won't scale. In other words, the more nodes and/or the more volume of zerotime transactions, the slower confirmation will be.

Also we know from the theory of Byzantine agreement, that 51% agreement is not sufficient. You must have 67% of the nodes agree to prevent the agreement from being jammed unless you have a centralized tally. And Byzantine agreement is impossible when Sybil attacks are possible.

If ever the anonymous "John Conner" writes a proper white paper specification for Zerotime, then the academics can rip it to shreds pointing out the flaws.

You make some good points, but I think there are some other things you might not taking into account.

I am just trying to understand this from all angles. Upon first glance the vcash wallet does work and is extremely fast.

Additional explanation is certainly needed on john's side. Hopefully he will chime in.

Here's what I understand about XVC:

Only incentivized nodes (Nodes, not behind a firewall, that hold 10,000 XVC) need to relay and sync the Zerotime transactions.

The minimum requirements for running an incentive node are:
Quad Core (Physical CPU)
2 gigabytes of free memory (Physical RAM)
1 gigabytes of free disk space (Physical SSD)

each node is assigned a 'votescore' by the other nodes based on how it behaves on the network. if your node is slow, you will get a bad votescore and will get less rewards. it is in the best intrest of the incentive node operators to have it running on adequate hardware to get the most possible returns.

So there are 14,990,119 XVC according to coinmarketcap.

So in the unlikely scenario that every 10k xvc is appropriated to a unique server, the MOST POSSIBLE incentive servers you can have on the network is 1499.

Since 100% of the network is not going to stake on an incentive server, you are now talking about less than 1000 quad core computers that have to stay in sync for zerotime to work.

If you look at the current XVC network status:
https://v.cash/network.php
There are 310 servers online and most of them have a 100-300ms round trip time.

So how many transactions would you need to flood a network of 300-1000 quad core servers that can communicate with each other over encrypted UDP in 100-300ms?

Even it it winds up taking a whole 1 second to confirm the transaction, that is still better than just about everything else out there.
antaja

Activity: 232

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 09:22:18 AM

what was the problem with vcash, that dump was crazy
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 04:04:00 PM

"NEM is ready"...

Wow, Thanks for the update on NEM. I am counting on this coin . Soon it will hit big Smiley

I am very grateful of this coin that until now I am holding it. I do believe that this is next $1 Billion coin. Wink together with ICN etc

Open for Campaigns
bobmarley650
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 04:10:08 PM

Elastic

bobbtc@protonmail.com / Working day and night
Miketaz

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 07:00:01 PM

I vote Komodo.
Dassi

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 09:29:07 PM

KOMODO is not on the list and I also observed Zcash is not there either Undecided
What ever happened to most of the anonymous coins?
blackhawk101

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 10:26:14 PM

Where is LOECoin?  Apparently, people here have not experienced the LEOCoin phenomenon that is spreading across the world...

MUST WATCH: LEOCoin's lead developer makes BIG announcement at DEVCON: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7OcijuonMA

LEOCoin -- Follow the Crypto King to the Gates of Satoshi Hell!
Are you freeloader? You can be a signature whore too!! Sign up at LEOCoin!!
the_mixologist

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 10:38:06 PM

Have u guy ever heard abt the swisscoin? Is it will be?

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App
Miketaz

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 10:56:28 PM

KOMODO is not on the list and I also observed Zcash is not there either Undecided
What ever happened to most of the anonymous coins?

Yeah I know it's not on the list, I just think Komodo has some serious potential to be the next huge cryptocurrency. Komodo, Zcash, and Monero aren't on the list because this was posted back in April, before Monero took off, before Zcash launched, and before Komodo's ICO and it's fast approaching launch.
nzminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 12:20:55 AM

NEM, ARDOR and IOTA are the only 3 projects that really stand out from what i can see.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
rawbert

Activity: 199

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 02:01:43 AM

ZCASH.

tolikkk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2016, 04:13:52 AM

I think that DASH Monero - people will appreciate and accept anonymous transactions because the safety and protection of his ( private, confidential information ) is one of the main principles of democracy and a developed society
Kelarid

Activity: 81

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 05:29:39 PM

ZCASH.

Very possible.
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 04:32:16 AM

I have read a lot of review about zcash and it seems very promising. I'm thinking to choose between lisk and zcash.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: