Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:05:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to use wallet notify (bitcoind) ?  (Read 4117 times)
HackerBOSS (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 02:50:25 PM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

Hello,

how to use wallet notify (bitcoind) ?

I generate new address by json-rpc..

I need update info in MySQL after 3 confirmations.

how think how much need confirmations for receive payments?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
danda

Activity: 201
Merit: 157

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2016, 05:25:45 AM
Merited by ABCbits (3)

-alertnotify=<cmd>    Execute command when a relevant alert is received or we see a really long fork (%s in cmd is replaced by message)
   -blocknotify=<cmd>    Execute command when the best block changes (%s in cmd is replaced by block hash)
    -walletnotify=<cmd>    Execute command when a wallet transaction changes (%s in cmd is replaced by TxID)

So for individual transactions, you would want to use walletnotify, eg:

Code:
bitcoind -walletnotify=/path/to/script.php %s

Then in script.php, you could do something like:

Code:
<?php
$tx 
$argv[1];
$txinfo json_decode( `bitcoin-cli gettransaction $tx` );
if( 
$txinfo['confirmations'] >= ) {

// update mysql if necessary.
}
of course with sanitization, error checks, etc....   ;-)

If you are likely to have more than one tx in a given block, a more efficient way to do it can be to include the block-hash with the tx in the db, so you can look up all tx by block.  Then use blocknotify instead of walletnotify.

edit:  and don't forget that the txid can change due to transaction malleability. 

mybitprices.info - wallet auditing   |  hd-wallet-derive - derive keys locally |  hd-wallet-addrs - find used addrs
lightning-nodes - list of LN nodes  |  coinparams - params for 300+ alts  |  jsonrpc-cli - cli jsonrpc client
subaddress-derive-xmr - monero offline wallet tool
HackerBOSS (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 07:46:43 AM

-alertnotify=<cmd>    Execute command when a relevant alert is received or we see a really long fork (%s in cmd is replaced by message)
   -blocknotify=<cmd>    Execute command when the best block changes (%s in cmd is replaced by block hash)
    -walletnotify=<cmd>    Execute command when a wallet transaction changes (%s in cmd is replaced by TxID)

So for individual transactions, you would want to use walletnotify, eg:

Code:
bitcoind -walletnotify=/path/to/script.php %s

Then in script.php, you could do something like:

Code:
<?php
$tx 
$argv[1];
$txinfo json_decode( `bitcoin-cli gettransaction $tx` );
if( 
$txinfo['confirmations'] >= ) {

// update mysql if necessary.
}
of course with sanitization, error checks, etc....   ;-)

If you are likely to have more than one tx in a given block, a more efficient way to do it can be to include the block-hash with the tx in the db, so you can look up all tx by block.  Then use blocknotify instead of walletnotify.

edit:  and don't forget that the txid can change due to transaction malleability. 

Thanks!

how much times wallet notify call script.php ?

belcher

Activity: 261
Merit: 518

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 12:15:32 PM
Merited by ABCbits (2)

-walletnotify will run twice per transaction, when it's first seen on the network as unconfirmed, and when it gets it's first confirmation.

To track more than one confirmation you need to use -blocknotify

1HZBd22eQLgbwxjwbCtSjhoPFWxQg8rBd9
JoinMarket - CoinJoin that people will actually use.
PGP fingerprint: 0A8B 038F 5E10 CC27 89BF CFFF EF73 4EA6 77F3 1129
HackerBOSS (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 12:25:39 PM

-walletnotify will run twice per transaction, when it's first seen on the network as unconfirmed, and when it gets it's first confirmation.

after first confirmation payment not lost?

HackerBOSS (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 12:29:27 PM

and blocknotify how much times call myscript.php?

Polyatomic

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 12:10:31 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2016, 09:34:32 AM by Polyatomic

Every new block.
Code:
milton@milton:~$ ps -eo cmd | egrep bitcoind | egrep -v grep
bitcoind -daemon -blocknotify=blocknotify %s

Code:
#!/bin/bash -e

block_message()
{
    local DATE=$1
    local HEIGHT=$2
    local BLOCKHASH=$3
    echo -e "+====================================================================="
    echo -e "| \033[31m ${DATE} \033[0m"
    echo -e "+====================================================================="
    echo -e "| \033[31m ${HEIGHT} \033[0m"
    echo -e "| \033[31m ${BLOCKHASH} \033[0m"

} >> $HOME/temp/blocknotify.txt

block_message "$(date -u)" "$(bitcoin-cli getblockcount)" "$@"

Code:
milton@milton:~$ tail -f temp/blocknotify.txt 
+====================================================================+
| 0000000000000000016c397b5eac0d5b3580d11b585996d2a8452bef2e03fa3e   |
| Wed Apr 20 23:49:27 UTC 2016                                                            
| 0000000000000000033ed3a5284a10c8992cb9411bf4fd33a130fc742436e3f7   |
HackerBOSS (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:06:32 AM

i use gettransaction($txid);

how get my wallet address for receiving? (this method get payer wallet address only)

Alaki

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:53:47 AM

how get my wallet address for receiving? (this method get payer wallet address only)
Run this command->
Code:
getaccountaddress <account>
. This'll return the current bitcoin address for receiving payments to this account. If <account> does not exist, it will be created along with an associated new address that'll be returned.
P.S.-> "getaccountaddress" will return the same address until coins are received on that address; once coins have been received, it will generate and return a new address.
HackerBOSS (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 04:10:15 AM

Run this command->
Code:
getaccountaddress <account>
. This'll return the current bitcoin address for receiving payments to this account. If <account> does not exist, it will be created along with an associated new address that'll be returned.
P.S.-> "getaccountaddress" will return the same address until coins are received on that address; once coins have been received, it will generate and return a new address.

ok.

i generated 2 addresses getaccountaddress();
after i send btc to 1 new generated address.

and call gettransaction($txid);

how get address of 2 addresses that received payemnt?

Alaki

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 04:40:40 AM

ok.

You mean listing your addresses that've received payment(in the past)? Yep that's possible as well. Run this command->
Code:
listreceivedbyaddress
. Basically, it lists only addresses that already 've received transactions. However, you can list all the addresses by setting the first argument to 0, and the second one to true->
Code:
listreceivedbyaddress 0 true
HackerBOSS (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 06:13:39 AM

ok.

You mean listing your addresses that've received payment(in the past)? Yep that's possible as well. Run this command->
Code:
listreceivedbyaddress
. Basically, it lists only addresses that already 've received transactions. However, you can list all the addresses by setting the first argument to 0, and the second one to true->
Code:
listreceivedbyaddress 0 true

for example sport betting..

1 wallet - win #1 team
2 wallet - win #2 team

player placed bet to 2 wallet.. (send paymet to 2 wallet)

my script get hash, amount etc.. but i need wallet of player.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 07:41:28 AM

-snip-

There is no simple way to get the "sending address"[1]. You have to check the inputs, but more often than not there will be several inputs. Its better to let the user set an address you store in your database along with their other information.

Code:
txid = dc8697d1afd6c7ac2f667cd3239e19bf227a7b5ce8be64b2f8bb3c626979425b # "random" one from the block to the hash that Polyatomic posted.
raw_tx = getrawtransaction(txid)
decoded_tx = decoderawtransaction(raw_tx)

within decoded_tx you will find a "vin" section with a value "vout" and a txid. If you check each of the txids you will see that they have a "vout" section. The outputs that created the inputs that are used in the TX you received. Find the one where "vout" matches "n" and look up its address. In this example there are 4 inputs, all "from" the address "1NgrpJJj2PMj9RsHutVK7vf8dchcpfM4YZ", but you need to decide how you want to handle different addresses.

IIRC the data is mixed formatted, arrays within JSON, but that might be different for PHP.

[1] there is no such thing

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
HackerBOSS (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:49:23 AM

-snip-

There is no simple way to get the "sending address"[1]. You have to check the inputs, but more often than not there will be several inputs. Its better to let the user set an address you store in your database along with their other information.

Code:
txid = dc8697d1afd6c7ac2f667cd3239e19bf227a7b5ce8be64b2f8bb3c626979425b # "random" one from the block to the hash that Polyatomic posted.

within decoded_tx you will find a "vin" section with a value "vout" and a txid. If you check each of the txids you will see that they have a "vout" section. The outputs that created the inputs that are used in the TX you received. Find the one where "vout" matches "n" and look up its address. In this example there are 4 inputs, all "from" the address "1NgrpJJj2PMj9RsHutVK7vf8dchcpfM4YZ", but you need to decide how you want to handle different addresses.

IIRC the data is mixed formatted, arrays within JSON, but that might be different for PHP.

ok. i will experience..

but how make it secondstrade.com ?

bet is send to address only. no need enter player wallet

Alaki

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 10:27:54 AM

Secondstrade do have a notice board[1] that'll(can) answer your above question. Basically, you'll not receive your payment if you do make a bet(transaction) with multiple(or >2) input addresses(&/or a shared wallet) AFAIK.
[1]-> http://secondstrade.com/notice.html
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 11:09:18 AM

-snip-

Code:

ok. i will experience..

AFAIK they do it in this crude way, same as most ponzi "games". If they warn you not to use certain wallets, they almost always just assume which is your address. This can fail horribly if your customer/user uses a wallet where they share addresses with others or use something like CoinJoin. A common example for shared wallets are most exchanges. You have your own deposit address, but when you withdraw the coins come from a different address. If you return coins to the address they came from they will be credited to a different account (if at all).

HackerBOSS (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 05:27:18 PM

-snip-

Code:

ok. i will experience..

AFAIK they do it in this crude way, same as most ponzi "games". If they warn you not to use certain wallets, they almost always just assume which is your address. This can fail horribly if your customer/user uses a wallet where they share addresses with others or use something like CoinJoin. A common example for shared wallets are most exchanges. You have your own deposit address, but when you withdraw the coins come from a different address. If you return coins to the address they came from they will be credited to a different account (if at all).

thanks for your answer sir.

i have problem get who send payment..

for example this hash:
3d919bf7929b983954e9c439348649e11ba21f8f740530aa4ecbbd3c5f496071

a64020eea0719df9318e185d1a44cea8f9b5e872ced67e1e746fe1b9fbb6670c

who sent payment?
could you help me please

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 05:37:58 PM

-snip-

Code:

ok. i will experience..

for example this hash:

You are asking "who" but there is no such info on the blockchain. The inputs the TX uses have been received on two addresses, which is exactly what I warned you about. There is no right answer to this. Its possible that the sender controls both, one or none of the addresses the coins came "from".

who sent payment?
could you help me please

That one has a confirmed double spend -> https://blockchain.info/tx/3a07b7957cf29d267cd8c20fbd5eb8824366096e09d722d888ce635098851b70

The inputs the TXs use came from a single address '15iET5Zp3GdXkp2sbUvsenUysFCAzoW1Fq', but same here its possible that the person behind the coins controls it or not.

HackerBOSS (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 02:10:18 AM

-snip-

Code:

ok. i will experience..

for example this hash:

You are asking "who" but there is no such info on the blockchain. The inputs the TX uses have been received on two addresses, which is exactly what I warned you about. There is no right answer to this. Its possible that the sender controls both, one or none of the addresses the coins came "from".

who sent payment?
could you help me please

That one has a confirmed double spend -> https://blockchain.info/tx/3a07b7957cf29d267cd8c20fbd5eb8824366096e09d722d888ce635098851b70

The inputs the TXs use came from a single address '15iET5Zp3GdXkp2sbUvsenUysFCAzoW1Fq', but same here its possible that the person behind the coins controls it or not.

how resolve this problem?
what function rpc-api need use?

i need know sender wallet for refund amount..

danda

Activity: 201
Merit: 157

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 06:35:19 AM

If you potentially need to send refunds then the only correct way is to ask the user to provide a refund address at the time of payment.

The concept of a single guaranteed "from address" simply does not exist in bitcoin.

how resolve this problem?
what function rpc-api need use?

i need know sender wallet for refund amount..

mybitprices.info - wallet auditing   |  hd-wallet-derive - derive keys locally |  hd-wallet-addrs - find used addrs
lightning-nodes - list of LN nodes  |  coinparams - params for 300+ alts  |  jsonrpc-cli - cli jsonrpc client
subaddress-derive-xmr - monero offline wallet tool
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: