Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:20:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Invalid PIN error(even after entering correct PIN) & BLOCKCHAIN app got blocked!  (Read 1359 times)
Aakash Bitcoin Miner (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 03:14:50 PM

Hello,
Today, 19th April, 2016 @ 9:30am(IST), I tried to access my BLOCKCHAIN wallet app from my android phone.
Even when I entered the correct pin I got the error: INVALID PIN. Huh Huh
There was some technical error associated with it.
And I wrote the same to the support mail ID of Blockchain app, and they replied saying that there was some technical issue.
I had entered correct PIN  - more than 4 Times but due to technical error it was considered as INVALID PIN. so now the Blockchain app in the locked state, and when I open the app the screen is opening with the 2 options:
1. Forget wallet
2. Use Password
Now I cannot do the either case, neither FORGET WALLET (will loose my bitcoins) and cant enter password as I dont have password. At the time when I initially have registered with the blockchain android app, ENTERING THE PASSWORD was not compulsory. SO at that time I only had the PIN with me as the key to enter into it. So there is no such PASSWORD linked with my account. It seems recently the APP is updated wherein the password input is compulsory.
So as of now I dont have any PASSWORD. And it was not my fault as I entered the CORRECT PIN everytime, Just due to technical error now I am on verge of loosing my money.
So kindly let me know what to do?
 I have a valid PIN, valid Mail ID, Wallet ID but still due to the SYSTEM DOWN TIME, I received the error  - INVALID PIN.
It would really be great if you can just reset the screen of my mobile app to the ENTER PIN screen.
So please help me out and guide me how can I go ahead with it.
or just reset the screen to normal ENTER PIN screen, so that I will enter the PIN and make further transactions as I have all the valid details required for LOGGING IN, but no password as of now.  Cry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6631

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 03:27:24 PM

Sounds like a service problem. The users on this forum cannot help you. Contact support.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 03:30:44 PM

With bitcoin, you are responsible for the safety and security of your own money.  There is no government agency, regulations, or insurance to protect you.

It is your responsibility to know how the software you are working operates.
It is your responsibility to know what methods are available to you to protect and secure access to your bitcoins.

Did you create a backup of your blockchain.info wallet?
Did you export and save the private keys of the addresses in your blockchain.info wallet?

When you created the blockchain.info wallet there was a password, because it is not possible for blockchain.info to work without a password.  If you were not required to type it in, then it was randomly generated for you.  Blockchain.info uses that password to securely encrypt the data that is needed to access your bitcoins. That password would have been saved encrypted in the app on your phone.

The phone stored password was encrypted with a different randomly generated password that is stored on the blockchain.info servers.
When you enter the PIN, the phone retrieves the password from the blockchain.info servers and uses it to decrypt the password on your phone.  Then it uses the password on the phone to decrypt the data that is needed to access your bitcoins.
Since blockchain.info doesn't store the "phone stored password" on their servers, it is impossible for anyone (even blockchain.info employees) to decrypt your wallet on their servers.

So, the only people that can help you right now are the employees at blockchain.info.  I'm not sure what their software does when it thinks you entered the wrong PIN too many times.  If it deletes the encrypted password from your phone, then nobody can help you.  If it deletes the password from the blockchain.info servers, then nobody can help you.  If it keeps both passwords and just blocks you from retrieving the server stored password, then someone at blockchain.info might be able to help you.

So...

Step one:  Contact blockchain.info support and hope that they might be able to help you.
Step two: Learn how to protect your bitcoins from the possibility that any business or person could vanish between the time you receive bitcoins and the time you try to access them.
Aakash Bitcoin Miner (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 06:33:50 AM

With bitcoin, you are responsible for the safety and security of your own money.  There is no government agency, regulations, or insurance to protect you.

It is your responsibility to know how the software you are working operates.
It is your responsibility to know what methods are available to you to protect and secure access to your bitcoins.

Did you create a backup of your blockchain.info wallet?
Did you export and save the private keys of the addresses in your blockchain.info wallet?

When you created the blockchain.info wallet there was a password, because it is not possible for blockchain.info to work without a password.  If you were not required to type it in, then it was randomly generated for you.  Blockchain.info uses that password to securely encrypt the data that is needed to access your bitcoins. That password would have been saved encrypted in the app on your phone.

The phone stored password was encrypted with a different randomly generated password that is stored on the blockchain.info servers.
When you enter the PIN, the phone retrieves the password from the blockchain.info servers and uses it to decrypt the password on your phone.  Then it uses the password on the phone to decrypt the data that is needed to access your bitcoins.
Since blockchain.info doesn't store the "phone stored password" on their servers, it is impossible for anyone (even blockchain.info employees) to decrypt your wallet on their servers.

So, the only people that can help you right now are the employees at blockchain.info.  I'm not sure what their software does when it thinks you entered the wrong PIN too many times.  If it deletes the encrypted password from your phone, then nobody can help you.  If it deletes the password from the blockchain.info servers, then nobody can help you.  If it keeps both passwords and just blocks you from retrieving the server stored password, then someone at blockchain.info might be able to help you.

So...

Step one:  Contact blockchain.info support and hope that they might be able to help you.
Step two: Learn how to protect your bitcoins from the possibility that any business or person could vanish between the time you receive bitcoins and the time you try to access them.

Thanks for swift reply.
Yep, I contacted the support team for the same.
I dont need any recovery password or etc, as I have VALID PIN. So even if the support team or some other way, I can land on the ENTER PIN page I will be able to enter into my wallet.
As of now whenever I open the APP, the pop up of FORGET WALLET OR USE PASSWORD pops up and not the ENTER PIN page.
Support team said, They cant help in password recovery. I gave them the same reply stating that guide me on how can I re-jump to the ENTER PIN page.
This was purely technical problem from their side,which they accepted in their reply, but now I dont have any password as such to enter.
Thanks for your reply and concern. I am in panic actually, sorry if I made any senseless statement. Cry
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 08:25:09 AM

Sounds like a dead case to me, but hope die last, you should try everything before giving up, continue talking with the support, but I am afraid there's not much you and them can do. Just because of their sh itty service there s a high chance you have lost your bitcoins. And guess what is from the most f up wallet provider, always them being hacked, stolen or having technical problems. Final advice, change to a better wallet for your android phone, Mycellium is the best as android phone wallet so far.
Dren007

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:34:17 AM

Hello,
Today, 19th April, 2016 @ 9:30am(IST), I tried to access my BLOCKCHAIN wallet app from my android phone.
Even when I entered the correct pin I got the error: INVALID PIN. Huh Huh
There was some technical error associated with it.
And I wrote the same to the support mail ID of Blockchain app, and they replied saying that there was some technical issue.
I had entered correct PIN  - more than 4 Times but due to technical error it was considered as INVALID PIN. so now the Blockchain app in the locked state, and when I open the app the screen is opening with the 2 options:
1. Forget wallet
2. Use Password
Now I cannot do the either case, neither FORGET WALLET (will loose my bitcoins) and cant enter password as I dont have password. At the time when I initially have registered with the blockchain android app, ENTERING THE PASSWORD was not compulsory. SO at that time I only had the PIN with me as the key to enter into it. So there is no such PASSWORD linked with my account. It seems recently the APP is updated wherein the password input is compulsory.
So as of now I dont have any PASSWORD. And it was not my fault as I entered the CORRECT PIN everytime, Just due to technical error now I am on verge of loosing my money.
So kindly let me know what to do?
 I have a valid PIN, valid Mail ID, Wallet ID but still due to the SYSTEM DOWN TIME, I received the error  - INVALID PIN.
It would really be great if you can just reset the screen of my mobile app to the ENTER PIN screen.
So please help me out and guide me how can I go ahead with it.
or just reset the screen to normal ENTER PIN screen, so that I will enter the PIN and make further transactions as I have all the valid details required for LOGGING IN, but no password as of now.  Cry

Same in coins.ph app
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: