Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:00:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who owns BTC-E?  (Read 11085 times)
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 07:32:57 AM

I think it might be relevant at this point to ask who is the owner of BTC-E.

Frequent users will remember that maybe a week or two ago things seemed to be changing in terms of DEV, in particular there was a day (that I don't recall happening previously) where there was DEV, ADMIN, SUPPORT and CEO online (as well as simulatenously a record ~400 users and ~600 guests). I personally don't ever remember a CEO previously.

Is it possible that BTC-E has changed ownership? And now belongs to some other entity that perhaps now has different plans for the exchange?

more or less retired.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

Activity: 624
Merit: 500

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 07:50:46 AM

I have posted this several times, and the owner has already been found to be a scammer

http://imfed.org/ratings/btc-e-unknown-company/

Look to the bottom of the page and it lays out how the owner Dmitri Svetleichi has already been linked to a scam from the website perfect-cargo.net

http://netscammers.blogspot.de/2011/07/perfect-cargonet-selling-your-dead-sons.html
Liquid

Activity: 826

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 08:27:33 AM

Great i liked BTC-E  Sad

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
DPony13

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 08:41:38 AM

BTC-E.com is DOWN.

is anyone getting this?

I'm sorry but I think I'm now panicking.
What happened anyway?!

EndTheFed123, if you had just taken the money it wouldn't have ended like this Sad
BTW this hasn't been the real DPony13 since he "came back", I just hacked this account, SirLolicon is the real DPony13 I think.
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 08:47:46 AM

Curious
bushstar

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 09:03:49 AM

BTC-E.com is DOWN.

is anyone getting this?

I'm sorry but I think I'm now panicking.
What happened anyway?!

Both BTC-e and Coinotron were down yesterday due to DDOS attacks. I presume the same is still true as both site are down but BTC-e does manage to come up for air once in a while.

Anyway I think it best not to leave any coins on their exchange. Especially if their user base is dropping, they might decide to cut and run if they are or have been scammers.

collaghost

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 09:37:12 AM

I have posted this several times, and the owner has already been found to be a scammer

Look to the bottom of the page and it lays out how the owner Dmitri Svetleichi has already been linked to a scam from the website perfect-cargo.net

http://netscammers.blogspot.de/2011/07/perfect-cargonet-selling-your-dead-sons.html

Hello. Can you elaborate why you jump into conclusion that Dmitri Svetleichi which you assume is the owner of btc-e is a scammer? I'm not affiliated with btc-e in any way but to me there are too much panic being spread around the board about btc-e being scammy with zero proof. Once again, I'm not 100% sure they are not neither I'm going to vouch for them but you're telling that
owner has already been found to be a scammer
for what reason exactly? And yes, I've read 2 posts you linked, I see nothing explicit in them for anyone to believe btc-e is a scam exchange.
Bettor

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 11:43:20 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2013, 02:08:37 PM by Bettor

CrazyRabbit  No, there were 3 listed under the webchat for quite awhile now. CEO was first noticed when the ruc client, which has chat built in, showed a list of all users but who knows how long "he" was there before that. Also, support told us he was two of the users. I forget who was the other. Also, I'm lost since you were just "the resident scammer" last month :p According to some of these same accusers. What gives?

Laughingbear  Look at that site closely, search for other btc sites. You'll see it is an anti-bitcoin site. [Unknown Company] means they don't know the parent.

Something isn't adding up to me, anyone would do good to check the angles. Some say BTC user, others LTC user. Someone wanting to build a new exchange is my favorite.

I can see the newer guys being suspicious, so you should research yourselves. Don't trust anyone to tell the truth here. Check for the HEAPS of praise mounded on btce after "the hack", it was said they handled their hack attack better than any other in btc history at the time.

Over the past few months, every coin btce mentioned adding was met with total craziness from users. Maybe they disregarded us and concentrated on the Russians who wanted a new coin, we didn't want no stinking coin remember? Maybe that's why "our chat" heard of NVC late.

EDIT: readability EDITED again, thanks Rabbit for posting while I was :p
nethead

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 12:20:58 PM

I would like to share here the btc-e users list i got from inside the rucoin client.

Cyan = mods
Green= users
Gray = dev
Red  = support

Its kinda offtopic, but also kinda ontopic  Wink

EDIT: Forgot the link: http://www.rucoin.us/btceusers.png
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 12:37:04 PM

CrazyRabbit  No, there were 3 listed under the webchat for quite awhile now. CEO was first noticed when the ruc client, which has chat built in, showed a list of all users but who knows how long "he" was there before that. Also, support told us he was two of the users. I forget who was the other. Also, I'm lost since you were just "the resident scammer" last month :p According to some of these same accusers. What gives?

How does the quote go? "you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villan?"

Once you're around long enough on the forum you'll always find yourself on one side or another. I think when you were around I think they were calling me a scammer because I am into TRC. I think perhaps some people will realise that me pushing TRC is nothing like NVC.

Anyway, we all go back and forth. I don't think anyone honestly (or at least provably) can call me a scammer.

more or less retired.
Endgame

Activity: 412

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 12:57:22 PM

Not sure why people are panicking...Btc-e are not going to be disappearing any time soon. They are the third most popular bitcoin exchange, and the first most popular litecoin exchange. They're not going to throw that away. I do hope they remove novacoin from the front page of their site though. People are pissed about it, and I think rightly so. Coins should be added to the exchanges in the order of their popularity, no queue jumping.
nethead

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 01:46:54 PM

I would like to share here the btc-e users list i got from inside the rucoin client.

Cyan = mods
Green= users
Gray = dev
Red  = support

Its kinda offtopic, but also kinda ontopic  Wink

EDIT: Forgot the link: http://www.rucoin.us/btceusers.png

A correction here. Cyan colored users might indicate high coin volume.
(and after i posted that my rucoin client cannot see the chat at all, but it might be my pc fault)
Bettor

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 02:06:16 PM

How does the quote go? "you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villan?"

Once you're around long enough on the forum you'll always find yourself on one side or another. I think when you were around I think they were calling me a scammer because I am into TRC. I think perhaps some people will realise that me pushing TRC is nothing like NVC.

Anyway, we all go back and forth. I don't think anyone honestly (or at least provably) can call me a scammer.

Well I think I let you know how ridiculous I thought it was.
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 02:09:37 PM

CrazyRabbit  No, there were 3 listed under the webchat for quite awhile now. CEO was first noticed when the ruc client, which has chat built in, showed a list of all users but who knows how long "he" was there before that. Also, support told us he was two of the users. I forget who was the other. Also, I'm lost since you were just "the resident scammer" last month :p According to some of these same accusers. What gives?

Well I think I let you know how ridiculous I thought it was.

Yes, I remember! I think I've been one-upped by NVC now though. :-)

more or less retired.
RoadTrain
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 02:25:28 PM

Whoever the owners are the only thing they are really required to do is provide smooth, fair and transparent services to their users.
It's up to them to decide what to add and what to remove. It's their service and no one has the right to say that they "should" remove NVC.
They added NVC. It's done. Just stop complaining and trade in pairs you want.
nethead

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 02:28:59 PM

Whoever the owners are the only thing they are really required to do is provide smooth, fair and transparent services to their users.
It's up to them to decide what to add and what to remove. It's their service and no one has the right to say that they "should" remove NVC.
They added NVC. It's done. Just stop complaining and trade in pairs you want.

+1
naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 02:56:44 PM

Here you can see that this man has more than one address. conformable with known addresses. Based on this information, I can conclude that this person has shown some cybersquatter-activity  Cool

But that does not mean that Bitcoin - scam? This is just speculation.  Undecided

other domains owned by a Svetleichi Dmitri:
btc-e.net, btc-e.org, btc-e.us
btc-forum.com, btc-forum.org
bitcoincharts.net, bitcoincharts.org
bitfloor.net, bitfloor.org
imcex.info
icbit.net
campbx.org

p\s
https://btc-e.com/ is real adress

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
RoadTrain
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:16:55 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2013, 03:34:53 PM by RoadTrain

It looks like cybersquatting.
FYI there if no Sobachkina Street in Pushkino, Moscow.

And if anyone tried goodling it...
This information is used in templates/examples for domain registration applications.
http://www.plus.ru/f.txt
http://domain.perm.ru/org_t.txt
http://w3.redcom.ru/form_for_ru.html
and so on.
So that's not a proof.
collaghost

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:32:35 PM

It looks like cybersquatting.
FYI there is no Sobachkina Street in Pushkino, Moscow.

That's right. It made me wonder about laughingbear post, calling a person or service being a scam simply because whois info was filled with random data taken from the internet and accidentally happened to partially match one with some fraudulent escrow service. I mean it's just silly implying that scammers would put their real address in whois service at the first place or maybe I didn't get the meaning of his post at all. Phone nr is obviously fictuous too - +7 495 1234567. I have no idea how one can see relation with the Romanian scammers here.
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

Activity: 624

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 03:35:21 PM

Ill go through it one more time.

whois btc-e.com
http://whois.domaintools.com/btc-e.com

Domain name:             BTC-E.COM
Name Server:             brad.ns.cloudflare.com
Name Server:             gail.ns.cloudflare.com
Creation Date:           2011.06.17
Updated Date:            2013.02.14
Expiration Date:         2013.06.17
Registrant ID:           YLNB25U-RU
Registrant Name:         Svetleichi Dmitri
Registrant Organization: Svetleichi Dmitri

Registrant Street1:      13a, Sobachkina str.
Registrant City:         Pushkino
Registrant Postal Code:  854785

NOW... taking that information check out http://imfed.org/ratings/btc-e-unknown-company/  and READ

The following line is from the website!

The street address “13a Sobachkina str.” has been used by a “fake shipping and escrow company run by Romanian scammers”, according to a blogpost and this site.

If you still dont get this, then I dont know what to tell you...  and if that IS a fake address. That makes it even more likely that he was the owner of "perfect-cargo.net" the scam site in question.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: