Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:06:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: One address, many signatures. Does it make any sense?  (Read 248 times)
deisik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2016, 02:26:03 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2016, 03:54:32 PM by deisik

I've stumbled across a thread where one dude has been suggesting to set up an investment pool for making cooperative investments and sharing profits (or losses, for that matter, lol). The idea itself doesn't look very promising to me (mildly speaking), but I'm more concerned with the technical side of it, i.e. how it could be implemented in the Blockchain (if ever) as well as what other possible uses it might have. Long story short, is it possible to make a multisignature address (wallet) where each signature allowed the withdrawal only of a certain percentage of the funds held in this wallet? Obviously, if some funds got withdrawn by a holder of the keys, his share would be accordingly diminished. Conversely, the coins transferred to this address (wallet) would increase the absolute amount due to each of the wallet owners...

The latter seems to be the most interesting aspect of this idea

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: