Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:16:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm shocked  (Read 1706 times)
grantbdev (OP)

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:29:08 PM

When I learned about the Russian meteors, I rushed over to this forum.

Needless to say, I am extremely disappointed by the lack of accusations that this is actually a false flag operation by the government or how there is actually a war that is being covered up. Are all our conspiracy theorists sleeping in late? Shouldn't they work on shifts so I can feel better protected from mainstream perceptions of reality? Do they wait until Alex Jones airs so they can get a consensus conspiracy?

Don't use BIPS!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dotcom

Activity: 354

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 04:18:12 PM

When I learned about the Russian meteors, I rushed over to this forum.

Needless to say, I am extremely disappointed by the lack of accusations that this is actually a false flag operation by the government or how there is actually a war that is being covered up. Are all our conspiracy theorists sleeping in late? Shouldn't they work on shifts so I can feel better protected from mainstream perceptions of reality? Do they wait until Alex Jones airs so they can get a consensus conspiracy?

Ah yes, the old "some conspiracy theories are untrue, therefore anybody who disregards the mainstream media is a nutjob conspiracy theorist and should never be listened to" viewpoint.
grantbdev (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 05:20:50 PM

Ah yes, the old "some conspiracy theories are untrue, therefore anybody who disregards the mainstream media is a nutjob conspiracy theorist and should never be listened to" viewpoint.

There is a big difference between healthy skepticism and systematic paranoia and rejection. The same way some people automatically ignore every alternative view, some people on this forum have consistently tried to refute any popular view. Hey, at least I take the time to read the things posted on this forum...it's just concerning to see the amount of people in the Bitcoin community who can't grasp that people with different opinions may still have legitimately good intentions. This goes beyond just reporting into the ways words have an entirely different intepretation here. It is frustrating because it directly influences how the average person sees bitcoin/libertarians/anarchists, when really it could be one of the least relevant things about us in relation to our common goals.

Don't use BIPS!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 05:31:52 PM

Have you seen the video? That is definitely a meteor. It can even be seen breaking up as it burns through the atmosphere.  Why cant that be cool enough?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 09:45:44 PM

In Soviet Russia, space explores you!

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3t0gc5/

MJGrae

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

Sold.

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 10:13:38 PM

In Soviet Russia, space explores you!

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3t0gc5/

I normally don't like these, but I'll be honest, I laughed.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 10:17:00 PM

Vladimir agree with you!

Vladimir Zhirinovsky, a nationalist leader noted for vehement statements, said “It’s not meteors falling. It’s the test of a new weapon by the Americans,” the RIA Novosti news agency reported.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/meteorite-strikes-central-russia-hundreds-injured/article8711190/
Merralea

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 12:14:19 AM

Sometimes, a meteor is just a meteor.
Except for when it's obviously a reptoid landing shuttle.
dotcom

Activity: 354

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 04:32:48 AM

stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 06:01:03 AM

When a a meteor strikes Earth and becomes a meteorite, it is just natures way of decentralizing the abundance of gold and platinum in the universe.  Now that is a conspiracy.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Merralea

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 11:19:55 AM

Who's "we"? And why are you trying to tie Bitcoin together with Libertarian or Anarchist ideologies? Unlike the other two, Bitcoin is not an ideology, and it's not nutjobby. Bitcoin may to some extent be driven by people who hold some weird views but that's their problem, not Bitcoin's. Do you sometimes use garage or garden tools like a hammer? If your answer was 'yes', does that make you a Communist?
Of course it does. Capitalists use power tools.
JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 11:36:42 AM

US super weapon, no question. Anyone who disagrees should get an instant scammer tag. 

http://rt.com/politics/zhirinovsky-meteorite-american-weapon-316/

Tongue

bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 12:39:17 PM

The news said the asteroid headed our way was a mass of half a football field. So something weird is going on in space.
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 12:40:37 PM

mass of half a football field

'MERICA

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 01:37:53 PM

try abovetopsecret.com

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
grantbdev (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 03:58:13 PM

So you've got a pre-existing attitude that the people in this forum are so-called "conspiracy theorists", and you've come fishing for a crazy story? Why? It sounds like you were recently troubled by a "conspiracy theory" that you hope to god can't be true, so you're looking for an excuse for an Ad Hominem to discredit the messenger. Interesting...
I do not feel that even the majority here are "conspiracy theorists", but I think there is a reason why this exists: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Myths#The_Bitcoin_community_consists_of_anarchist.2Fconspiracy_theorist.2Fgold_standard_.27weenies.27

I do think there is a perception and that it could potentially be exploited by the media. It is not right to make sweeping generalizations and stereotype entire groups based on a vocal minorty, but that is how the rest of the world plays. I do not have any proposed solutions, I am just letting off some steam and hoping to contribute to the public record.

Who's "we"? And why are you trying to tie Bitcoin together with Libertarian or Anarchist ideologies? Unlike the other two, Bitcoin is not an ideology, and it's not nutjobby. Bitcoin may to some extent be driven by people who hold some weird views but that's their problem, not Bitcoin's. Do you sometimes use garage or garden tools like a hammer? If your answer was 'yes', does that make you a Communist?

It was a mistake to group Bitcoin in there like that. By "we", I meant those groups individually (if that makes sense). Part of my reason in being so frustrated (and releasing my anger in sarcasm on this forum) with this is working with local libertarian organization recently. The birthers/9-11 truthers were overwhelming. Of course people have the right to believe what they believe, but those theories have nothing to do with the policies we already agree on. They are too wrapped up in the past to move forward with a sense of purpose instead of paranoia. Beyond the way it cripples the group pointlessly, the average person will automatically discredit us. Maybe I'm just too much of a realist for ideology  Sad

Don't use BIPS!
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 04:25:42 PM

oh oh, i found something for ya boss. Since you are so interested in this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6fsiypB4uY

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2013, 04:51:07 PM

Please make more descriptive title,  it's deceptive.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 2113

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 07:33:56 PM

It wasn't a meteor...

It was the Dollar passing the Ruble on the way down.

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 08:01:13 PM

In answer to the OP, I'm shocked too.

This forum is full of a bunch of delusional fearful paranoid government hating conspiracy believing fruitcakes who are out to lunch when it comes to reality. To them, there's a mugger in every shadow, a conspiracy behind nearly every extraordinary event, scientists are out to control you, and a whole lot more.

Bunch of crackpot fucking loonies who want not 300 million guns in America, but 3 billion.

Bunch of blind fucking deniers who can't see climate science for what it is.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: