Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:43:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Magazine is now run by fraudsters! Facts exposed.  (Read 1983 times)
Otomakan Ishotas (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 04:51:54 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/18jyt4/bitcoin_magazine_is_now_run_by_fraudsters_facts/
http://pastebin.com/9xQWrS7u

tl;dr: Claim: The BitcoinMagazine and all its assets were sold illegally and fraudulently.

As I said before. Bitcoin is backed by drama.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 05:22:17 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/18jyt4/bitcoin_magazine_is_now_run_by_fraudsters_facts/
http://pastebin.com/9xQWrS7u

tl;dr: Claim: The BitcoinMagazine and all its assets were sold illegally and fraudulently.

As I said before. Bitcoin is backed by drama.

Upon reading the Pastebin, I have to say you make an interesting argument. Sadly, and honestly, I, personally, am closing my eyes to this, at least for now, because I like, and trust, BitPay.

That said, I will not be adding fuel to this fire, but will be monitoring it just the same.

Don't let me down, guys!

~Bruno K~
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 10:42:33 PM

Hi Vladimir.

I'm sure that your lawyer would advise you to shut the fuck up and make no public comments.  You should probably listen to them.  Everything you post is legally discoverable.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 11:02:37 PM

Hi Vladimir.

I'm sure that your lawyer would advise you to shut the fuck up and make no public comments.  You should probably listen to them.  Everything you post is legally discoverable.

Vladimir immediately came to mind when I read the Pastebin, but I wan't too sure.
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 07:49:36 AM

Do people actually read magazines anymore?

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 09:26:58 AM

Hi Vladimir.

Yeah, and in the .0001% chance that the Foundation wants to blow even more money on this dead deal they might go to trial, whereby they'll actually ask for discovery to that level of detail, taking the costs of proceedings way over 10x their total mkt value instead of just .5-1x. Which level of detail the judge won't approve anyway.

He's safe, I'd say. Also, drama!

Do people actually read magazines anymore?

According to documents I have seen, 50% of the people who write magazines read up to 50% of the magazine they write. And more.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 09:38:58 AM

Hi Vladimir.

From the pastebin:

A few emails and documents related to theft of Bitcoin Magazine from it's original owners were obtained from a reliable source.

First fucking sentence. Outgoing CEO/President/Redactor-in-Chief/Postmaster General/Jesus-on-a-Stick of supposed trade mag. Couldn't pass English as a foreign language examination in most Chinese high schools. Seriously, what's left to say?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 09:53:29 AM

This isn’t news!

News would be, “Proof was discovered that Bitcoin Magazine is exceptionally well edited, up to date, topical, delivered on time and operated by diligent honest professionals.” ROTFL

enmaku

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 05:53:56 PM

3. There are unconfirmed reports that J. Matonis (forbes.com), D. Perry (codinginmysleep.com)
S. Pair (bitpay.com) and V. Buterin (bitcoinmagazin.com) are co-founders of Coin Publishing LLC and as such are implicated in handling of and benefiting from stolen property.

Hi everybody,

I'm David Perry, author of Coding in my Sleep and for the record, I've written a few paid pieces for the print magazine and chat with Mihai and Vitalik on occasion, but that's the extent of my relationship with Bitcoin Magazine. I am not a co-founder of Coin Publishing LLC and I actually consider their blog arm to be my chief competitor.

That is all.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2013, 06:28:50 PM

3. There are unconfirmed reports that J. Matonis (forbes.com), D. Perry (codinginmysleep.com)
S. Pair (bitpay.com) and V. Buterin (bitcoinmagazin.com) are co-founders of Coin Publishing LLC and as such are implicated in handling of and benefiting from stolen property.

Hi everybody,

I'm David Perry, author of Coding in my Sleep and for the record, I've written a few paid pieces for the print magazine and chat with Mihai and Vitalik on occasion, but that's the extent of my relationship with Bitcoin Magazine. I am not a co-founder of Coin Publishing LLC and I actually consider their blog arm to be my chief competitor.

That is all.

That's it! I'm done! I'm boycotting cats.

Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 10:57:51 PM

Its more of a scam that they have taken peoples money and fail to deliver issues of the magazine. That deserves a scammer label by itself.

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 03:57:42 AM

Vlad making this account is him trying to get around his scammers tag?

Should this new account not get the tag as well?

He doesn't have a scammer tag.  He started posting again a couple of weeks ago.

At the rate MIA posters are returning to the forums, I almost expect to see pirate to post again soon.   Grin

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 12:32:59 PM

News would be, "Proof was discovered that Bitcoin Magazine is exceptionally well edited, up to date, topical, delivered on time and operated by diligent honest professionals."

That wouldn't be just news, that would be a total shocker.

Hi everybody,

That is all.

Are you the guy who was doing all the "oh no, I am sure BFL miner is legit because Sonyboy is a nice fellow and his daddy got the money" song and dance a few months ago? You're right, the washing corpses niche is getting pretty crowded by now.

Its more of a scam that they have taken peoples money and fail to deliver issues of the magazine. That deserves a scammer label by itself.

Arguably not because at the time the btc for magazines bargain was struck, the btc side already accepted getting zero value back.

He doesn't have a scammer tag.  He started posting again a couple of weeks ago.

At the rate MIA posters are returning to the forums, I almost expect to see pirate to post again soon.   Grin

Hopefully with a kludgesque longstory about his not-married wife-girl. The truth is with the recent surge we need a lot of drama to further back our Bitcoins.

Binford 6100

Activity: 504

PGP OTC WOT: EB7FCE3D

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:03:54 AM

Are you the guy who was doing all the "oh no, I am sure BFL miner is legit because Sonyboy is a nice fellow and his daddy got the money" song and dance a few months ago? You're right, the washing corpses niche is getting pretty crowded by now.

affirmative. he just blogged and posted a video of 5 ghs bfl miner, unboxing, plugging to computer and mining (probably still with the dev board, judging by the size of the miner, what should have been a coffee warmer in the past 6+ months of advertising is according to the video a full size miner - equivalent to 25/50 ghs miners)

You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.
CyberAnthro

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:13:17 PM

it does seem that the people high up in bitcoin and bitpay are up to some dodgy stuff, so should we completely avoid it?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: