Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:43:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 [498] 499 500 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today!  (Read 473059 times)
altheshort

Activity: 214
Merit: 113

View Profile
May 12, 2020, 09:59:46 AM

So, we’re in May now. Q1 passed a long time ago, and it’s nearly halfway through Q2. What’s happened in ionoland?

Well, not much. Some coins were added to their exchange. They tried to pick up shitcoin refugees from the Steem/Hive split. They made a slightly fancier looking website for gamegrid, but didn’t actually launch it. They hosed their hosted masternode service and replaced them with Sharenodes, which Korvas will no doubt tell you is innovative magic, but actually seemed to annoy some of the few people left in their community a bit - mainly because they didn’t really communicate the change. They did some airdrops. No one really appeared to notice.

The team seemingly gave up on trying to give official updates, and now appear to be relying on a community volunteer to do extremely dull 15 minute YouTube videos every 3-4 weeks so he can talk in an English monotone and bore the 10 or so people left who actually care to death.

Exciting, this ain’t. But it is hilarious. 

There’s no sign of the fork. It was apparently ‘ready’ a few weeks ago, but who knows if that’s ready ready, or ionomy ready, which is to say not really ready at all. Presumably the ‘team’ have been caught in stasis and believe it’s still Q1, or have been rendered entirely unable to reach for their keyboards to keep their almost non existent community up to date. Someone asked outright back at the end of February if the roadmap was still correct, and they were told an unequivocal yes, everything is still correct (though via the proxy of their community liaison). Whereupon Korvas eagerly rubbed his hands together and exclaimed that it was going to be a busy 5 weeks but, gee wizz, he just couldn’t wait for all those years of work to come to fruition. Or something. Probably.

Ignoring the fact that the roadmap was already behind by that point anyway, if this malarkey doesn’t demonstrate that this team can’t project manage or even communicate for toffee, I don’t know what does.

So will they ever fork? Who knows. But I’m damn sure almost no one cares at this point.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
korvas128

Activity: 1248
Merit: 583

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 12:23:58 PM

Devs just posted an update  Cool

ionosphere: ION 5 Preview
https://news.ionomy.com/ionosphere-ion-5/

Ionomy V3 for Wallets - Masternodes - Trading - Games
https://ionomy.com/en/aff/46cbe5fa1d262e23665191a7c7864072

For the few TROLLS left some inconvenient statements of FACT
https://news.ionomy.com/just-to-be-clear/
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2020, 12:48:45 PM

Is that the same fork that was supposed to happen in Q1 or is it a different fork and the other one was forgotten?

Maybe they meant Q1 of 2021, or 2025... yeah, let's go with that.
korvas128

Activity: 1248
Merit: 583

View Profile
July 09, 2020, 12:02:39 PM

Is that the same fork that was supposed to happen in Q1 or is it a different fork and the other one was forgotten?

Maybe they meant Q1 of 2021, or 2025... yeah, let's go with that.

Yep to be safe go with Q1 2021

Ionomy V3 for Wallets - Masternodes - Trading - Games
https://ionomy.com/en/aff/46cbe5fa1d262e23665191a7c7864072

For the few TROLLS left some inconvenient statements of FACT
https://news.ionomy.com/just-to-be-clear/
Tokenista

Activity: 910
Merit: 14

Everyone join Blurt.blog & Steemit.com

View Profile
October 05, 2020, 04:28:29 AM

Can you earn ION or is buying it the only way?
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2020, 04:45:32 AM

Can you earn ION or is buying it the only way?

This is a dead shitcoin. You don't want to buy it, earn it, or even to get it for free any more than you would want gonorrhea.
Tokenista

Activity: 910
Merit: 14

Everyone join Blurt.blog & Steemit.com

View Profile
October 05, 2020, 09:01:49 AM

If Ionomy activity picked up it would do fine. The exchange works.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2020, 02:30:28 AM

I hate to bump this shitstain of a "project" but it seems appropriate to check up on it since last time we laughed at some promises made in Q1 and we're now firmly in Q4.

So...

• The coin seems to be dead - price around $0.01 but no volume.
  • Gaming bullshit seems to be dead - Gravity and Moon leaderboards have two players each, Offroad has none. I think they stopped paying people to play but I can't be bothered to find out why/when.
  • The new pivot now is the exchange. There are announcements of some shitcoins being listed, they even have election prediction "markets", which predictably nobody is interested in - last trades were like 10 days ago.

It appears that they still haven't figured out how to make something of any interest to anybody.
faddat

Activity: 8
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 28, 2020, 04:27:23 PM

Ionomy is a notably excellent exchange because of their clarity and honesty.

I would recommend them to both users and teams listing coins without reservation.  Their direct approach, friendliness, and candor stand out.

I can't actually say much more because it is a very plain, simple exchange that works well supported and built by a great team.

bubbaj

Activity: 376
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 08:22:25 AM

I would recommend them to both users and teams listing coins without reservation.  Their direct approach, friendliness, and candor stand out.

I can't actually say much more because it is a very plain, simple exchange that works well supported and built by a great team.

A Scam exchange run by scammers hoping for the long game, a simple team whom were involved in the great Garza rip off!
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2020, 01:54:19 PM

Which means nothing, even if it were true. There is no lack of exchanges.

And there is nothing "honest" about the unfulfilled promises they've been feeding their bagholders for ~5 years now. Luckily they're sufficiently incompetent in promoting their garbage so chances of anyone new getting scammed by them are very low.
altheshort

View Profile
December 12, 2020, 12:17:24 PM

My perspective is when companies like Ionomy offer a market-leading proposition; they get somethings right & somethings wrong especially when there is no benchmark or company to follow. Opportunities, obstacles, challenges & problems WILL manifest themselves in markets that are in a continual state of evolution. The fact that Ionomy is still here after four years shows me they are intelligent and agile enough to navigate the treacherous but rewarding waters of crypto/gaming.

2020 will be the year when all their work and learnings will start to come to fruition.

For instance, PowerGrid evolves into  GameGrid. Apart from the GameGRID developer-centric services, GameGRID also offers a unity plugin meaning it's easy for a game developer to implement crypto/tokens across multiple platforms (PC,Mobile,Console). Rumble arena will be the first 3rd party game to incorporate GameGrid. Currently, on the google playstore alone Rumble Arena is sitting at 100k+ downloads.  My prediction is by the end of next year, over  1 million gamers across multiple games will have used Ionomy's transactional-based blockchain.

One year on. Still no ‘GameGrid’. Still no ‘GameDock’. Still no Rumble Arena integration. Still nothing from the ever silent Premium Partner ‘Lucky Tap Games’. They don’t even have 10s of users, let alone millions.

Still of the opinion that this is a ‘market leading proposition’, Korvas? Is 2021 going to be the year where everything ‘comes to fruition’? Or are you finally going to realise that you’ve been sold a vision that can’t and won’t work by Ionomy for many years?
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2020, 02:56:10 PM

Still of the opinion that this is a ‘market leading proposition’, Korvas? Is 2021 going to be the year where everything ‘comes to fruition’? Or are you finally going to realise that you’ve been sold a vision that can’t and won’t work by Ionomy for many years?

korvas128 hasn't posted in a long time and his last post was kinda salty. Maybe he finally sold his bags of (once upon a time) $7 IONs and other PNGs for $0.02 and quit this horror show.

Merry Christmas and happy assorted holidays to all bagholders. I wish you successful dumping of you IONs this year and may you start your new year by doing what actually matters - like perhaps holding the few satoshis that you'll recover from this scam.
altheshort

View Profile
December 12, 2020, 07:42:53 PM

korvas128 hasn't posted in a long time and his last post was kinda salty. Maybe he finally sold his bags of (once upon a time) $7 IONs and other PNGs for $0.02 and quit this horror show.

Hilariously, I know he hasn’t sold. In exactly the kind of ridiculous ‘dying altcoin’ move that you’d expect, Korvas is now the ‘project manager’ for ‘Ion core’, the ‘community’ driven side of the project, after they officially split into ‘Ion core’ and ‘Ionomy’ (the company). They even have two separate discords now, because nothing will foster an already depleted community like making things even more confusing, right?

https://github.com/ioncoincore/ion/issues/3
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2020, 08:19:02 PM

Hilariously, I know he hasn’t sold. In exactly the kind of ridiculous ‘dying altcoin’ move that you’d expect, Korvas is now the ‘project manager’ for ‘Ion core’, the ‘community’ driven side of the project, after they officially split into ‘Ion core’ and ‘Ionomy’ (the company). They even have two separate discords now, because nothing will foster an already depleted community like making things even more confusing, right?

https://github.com/ioncoincore/ion/issues/3

WTF LOL

Someone going full Garza on Github there, a bunch of deleted comments. So what exactly is going on? Some sort of disagreement that caused the split?
altheshort

View Profile
December 12, 2020, 08:43:33 PM

WTF LOL

Someone going full Garza on Github there, a bunch of deleted comments. So what exactly is going on? Some sort of disagreement that caused the split?

As with everything Ionomy related, it’s fairly confusing, but also deeply funny. The summary is that Boki/Tor had a meltdown in their discord a couple of months ago and wound up insulting almost everyone, talked about disagreements between him and the Ionomy team, and had a hilarious argument with Krumz and rdwilde. Boki/Tor left the discord. After this, the tiny ‘community’ seemed to be fractured and they proposed a split because there seemed to be a desire to have more control over the coin development handed over to the ‘community’.

The deleted comments on GitHub were from rdwilde, I believe, and were probably deleted by Boki/Tor because ultimately he only really values his own opinion.

There’s some discontent simmering with the lack of progress from Ionomy, but ultimately there’s only about 8-10 people left who engage with the whole shitshow now. Even the most vocal of them seem bizarrely content with Matlack just popping up once in a while and soothing them by giving vague ideas of when they might, possibly, release something.

I’m astounded that it continues to rumble on, but I guess I just consistently underestimate how endlessly dense and gullible some of these people are. Still, anyone who’s watched altcoin communities long enough will know that generally a community takeover of the coin is just yet another indicator that this is dead. Even if ionomy release whatever guff they’re working on, it’s not going to be successful - they clearly don’t have any partners lined up because otherwise they’d be in much more of a hurry to get stuff out, so it’ll just be more releases sent off into the dwindling echochamber of their followers.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2020, 10:08:29 PM

Boki/Tor had a meltdown

Ok that explains everything really. When they put someone so obviously nuts (might be genuinely bipolar, in which case I apologize - not my intent to make fun of mental illness) in charge of their development or whatever he's in charge of, that's pretty much what they should have expected. For some reason I thought he fucked off years ago. I guess they don't have anybody else who knows anything about coding and is willing to go along with their dumb schemes.
altheshort

View Profile
December 12, 2020, 11:45:35 PM

Ok that explains everything really. When they put someone so obviously nuts (might be genuinely bipolar, in which case I apologize - not my intent to make fun of mental illness) in charge of their development or whatever he's in charge of, that's pretty much what they should have expected. For some reason I thought he fucked off years ago. I guess they don't have anybody else who knows anything about coding and is willing to go along with their dumb schemes.

I have absolutely no doubt that Boki/Tor is probably extremely skilled as a dev, but he also clearly has communication issues that need managing. Without that, he’s a fairly divisive and destructive influence, and dominates conversation to the point where people feel like it’s pointless getting involved.

Their community was obviously dying already, but Boki/Tor’s rants and exit just sped the process up. Now it’s this mess of two different discord’s, no apparent direction in either group, and only a tiny number of people who mostly are minimally engaged anyway.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2020, 11:59:41 PM

~

Sounds like it's about time to rebrand it again and relaunch as some sort of DeFi PNG-decorated scam token.

I probably shouldn't be giving them ideas.
altheshort

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 11:57:36 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2020, 03:01:26 PM by altheshort

Sounds like it's about time to rebrand it again and relaunch as some sort of DeFi PNG-decorated scam token.

I probably shouldn't be giving them ideas.

You joke, but I suspect that’s their next play. They were already talking about finding alternative avenues (ie pivoting again) because they seem to have finally realised that - surprise, surprise - no users really care about decentralised game assets, and almost no game devs really care or have a realistic use case for blockchain integration beyond gimmicky proof of concept stuff. I could have told them that 4+ years ago, but whatever.
Pages: « 1 ... 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 [498] 499 500 »
  Print  

Jump to: