Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:43:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gemini.com offers free money wires for USD withdraws & deposits... sweet :P  (Read 3564 times)
BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1247

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2016, 03:14:06 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2016, 03:29:33 AM by BayAreaCoins

I'm kind of cheap when it comes to banking and I just found out tonight that www.Gemini.com offers free wire withdraws Cheesy.

My bank charges $17 sending and $5 receiving.

Gemini charges $0 sending and $0 receiving.

Good shit IMO  Grin.

Fuck Coinbase... get Gemini.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2016, 03:22:11 AM

I'm kind of cheap when it comes to banking and I just found out tonight that www.Gemini.com offers free wire withdraws Cheesy.

My bank charges $17 sending and $5 receiving.

Gemini charges $0 sending and $0 receiving.

Good shit IMO  Grin.

Fuck Coinbase... get Gemini.

I need bitcoins. Want to trade $100 of my PayPal for $100 of your bitcoin?

Negative ghost rider!

I only do my PP for BTC 99.99% of the time.

I strongly recommend getting a Paypal 1% back debit card and then linking that bad boy into Circle.com.

Circle sent me a nosy email the other day wondering what my occupation and such was.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 04:27:08 AM

Most banks will charge a fee to send a wire transfer regardless of your deposit relationship (even if you have the super special checking account with a 5-6 figure average total deposit relationship), however they will often waive incoming wire fees if you have a large enough of a deposit relationship.

I was very surprised to learn that coinbase charges $10 just to process a wire, and not only that, they set a hard limit of $10,000 per day for ACH deposits, both of which I think is BS.

Another great feature about gemini is that they allow you to start trading with your ACH deposit immediately, so there is no need to have to wait a week to buy bitcoin after you initiated the transfer, although the limit is only $500 per day.
BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2016, 04:33:26 AM

Most banks will charge a fee to send a wire transfer regardless of your deposit relationship (even if you have the super special checking account with a 5-6 figure average total deposit relationship), however they will often waive incoming wire fees if you have a large enough of a deposit relationship.

I was very surprised to learn that coinbase charges $10 just to process a wire, and not only that, they set a hard limit of $10,000 per day for ACH deposits, both of which I think is BS.

Another great feature about gemini is that they allow you to start trading with your ACH deposit immediately, so there is no need to have to wait a week to buy bitcoin after you initiated the transfer, although the limit is only $500 per day.

Coinbase charges $10 to process a wire?!  

Jesus my small town bank only charges $5.

Gemini is the first place I've ever seen to offer free wire withdraws.

I like the fact I can trade my ACH deposit same day.  I did run into something strange doing that though.  I had $1,000 in BTC and $500 pending fiat... I wasn't allowed to withdraw any of the BTC until I waited out the $500 deposit or liquidated $500 of BTC.  I kinda figured I'd be able to withdraw $500 of the BTC leaving the other $500 for the pending stuff, but I guess they want to be careful with the volatility of BTC... which is understandable.

I've been nothing but impressed with Gemini.  If they'd make a few tweaks here and there + fix some of their marketing errors... they'd be the #1 exchange in the USA no problem.

LeoFirefly

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:33:53 AM

Gemini doesn't charge a fee, but to do a test, I withdrew USD $100

My Bank received only USD 93, and after receiving the amount it charged me a additional USD 7 as incoming wire fees.
So net I received only USD 84 on a USD 100 withdrawal.

So there were two fees
1. By Gemini's intermediary bank or the bank used to wire the money over via SWIFT  (Question: Does anyone know what's slabs for bank used by Gemini for intl wire)
2. By my Bank which is $7 fixed fee for any amount

Does anyone know what are the wire charges slabs, is it fixed fee or depends on the amount. The fee's of USD 7 charged by the Gemini bank's intermediary, is that going to be the same say If i want to transfer 5000 or higher amount etc.  

Has anyone tried to withdraw over ten thousand to a USD bank account outside of the United states ?
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:39:19 AM

Gemini doesn’t change anything for wire withdrawals. The fees are likely that of your bank.
LeoFirefly

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:44:32 AM

Hi,

Yes, I thought so too and checked. But my Bank received only $93, which means some bank used by Gemini made a charge which is not visible to me or my bank as my account got only 93, and then on top of that my bank put the charges. I was expecting to receive 100 and then its ok what my bank charges, as i can atleast see that as a separate transaction for the charges and can also talk to my bank to waive it etc.

Gemini doesn’t change anything for wire withdrawals. The fees are likely that of your bank.

BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 04:35:26 AM

Hi,

Yes, I thought so too and checked. But my Bank received only $93, which means some bank used by Gemini made a charge which is not visible to me or my bank as my account got only 93, and then on top of that my bank put the charges. I was expecting to receive 100 and then its ok what my bank charges, as i can atleast see that as a separate transaction for the charges and can also talk to my bank to waive it etc.

Lots of banks charge a receiving fee for money wires.

I would imagine that is what you had happened and in a few days you'll receive a deposit slip from the bank in the mail.

I believe my small town Arkansas bank charges $5... if you get a "real" bank account, then they don't nickle and dime you for fees related to wires.  (US Bank and such as I recall)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: