Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:02:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Dash fails decentralization  (Read 4101 times)
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2016, 07:09:56 PM

Decentralizationthis :

Centralizationthis :

Without mentioning, that without GUI more than 90% of all XMR must be in Polo Smiley great decentralization example kid!
How many node Monero have Huh  (from https://monerohash.com/nodes-distribution.html)
Total nodes: 176 - Last updated: 24 minutes ago (just lol : another great decentralization example kid!)

Another shit thread from Trolleros.
YOU WILL NEVER SWALLOW DASH MARKETCAP! For fuck sake NEVER! Your coin is dying because of your fucking community of morons...

Once again: Try to make something positive for what you like, and stop talking about Dash all day long.

You didn't read or understand the OP.

Dash's failure at trustless decentralization is the test case that formed my understanding of why trustless decentralization is necessary for any cryptocurrency to succeed at being disruptive. Dash's failure is that it built a centralizing flaw that aggregates coins to those who run nodes and layering power functions (votes, fees, privacy, etc...) onto these nodes.

Dash's nodes have two major weaknesses in design: first, they are pay based, or paynodes, which means that they can be bought and sold. The second flaw in design is that they collect fees, which means node holders collect money that in turn can be used to buy more nodes that in turn can collect more fees, and so on and so forth. Where this especially becomes troubling is that dash's launch produced 2 million coins in 2 days and this initial distribution cannot be verified to be fairly distributed, which means the resources to buy 2000 nodes (more than half of current existing at this writing) were made available to a few lucky guys who happened to be mining at that right moment--considering this is 30% of current distribution and given that they could have bought 2000 or more masternodes since that scheme was introduced, the number of masternodes these initial miners could have may be considerably more than 30%, and considering that this control can aggregate over time, it illustrates why these systems need to be trustlessly verified.

I apologize for all the numbers just thrown at you, but lets make it simpler, since the masternode system collects the revenue that determines its degree of centralization, and that centralization can't be verified to any statistical certainty, we should assume that it is increasingly trending towards a traditional oligarchy or monarchy, where one or a few have undue power over the entire system--how it behaves, the distribution and security of its benefits.

We can assume this model fails at decentralization if we follow the principle that a cryptosystem should be trustlessly verified--it is imperative that if you want to break away from the shackles of a central power and from the enablers of these systems, you can not get there following the same old trusted rules, mathematics have given us the tools to undermine and outperform these old world systems, but we will never get there by using systems that forgo the technology and embrace the old world trust model in a vain attempt to disrupt those standards by embracing them.

As for those graphs and there lack of any useful information for determining real-ownership, the implications of a large control of nodes to a few people (no matter what hosting service they run or in what country), or even redistribution on exchanges is back into the hands of a few instaminers at a lower cost, which therefore aggregates more control--two words:

Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 08:09:49 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2016, 08:21:16 PM by Lebubar

You don't get my point :

YOU WILL NEVER SWALLOW DASH MARKETCAP! For fuck sake NEVER! Your coin is dying because of your fucking community of morons...

Once again: Try to make something positive for what you like, and stop talking about Dash all day long.

And for your title it should say : "Why I think Dash fails decentralization".
Objectivity kid, Objectivity.
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2016, 08:53:05 PM

You don't get my point :

I also made another topic that fits your logic.  Tongue

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1430839.msg14472374#msg14472374

Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 10:43:39 PM

http://dashmasternode.org/

To let people make their own opinion.
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 11:18:17 PM

You don't get my point :

Lebubar, this guy is just a grown up in his parent's basement with no life, nothing more to do than create and feed this loser threads in bitcointalk. It is not worth your time.

Noone cares  Wink
-Lux-

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 12:47:40 AM

Hate me for this but this is where shadowcash steps in...

SHADOW ◈ Anonymous POS ◈ Ring Signatures ◈ Encrypted Messaging ◈
SHADOW ◈ Open Source Project ◈ User Friendly Wallet ◈ Built-in Anonymous Market ◈
SHADOWHOME PAGEFORUMWIKI
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2016, 05:28:24 AM

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but one of the Monero Devs deanonymized shadowcash already.

https://shnoe.wordpress.com/2016/02/11/de-anonymizing-shadowcash-and-oz-coin/

Although, if we are talking just about decentralization, shadowcash is probably more decentralized than dash--it would be hard not to be unless we're comparing it to Ripple.

-Lux-

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 01:10:32 PM

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but one of the Monero Devs deanonymized shadowcash already.

Although, if we are talking just about decentralization, shadowcash is probably more decentralized than dash--it would be hard not to be unless we're comparing it to Ripple.
Thisnis old news dude... The fix was fixed...

SHADOW ◈ Anonymous POS ◈ Ring Signatures ◈ Encrypted Messaging ◈
SHADOW ◈ Open Source Project ◈ User Friendly Wallet ◈ Built-in Anonymous Market ◈
SHADOWHOME PAGEFORUMWIKI
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2016, 01:20:44 PM

Thisnis old news dude... The fix was fixed...

Didn't realize anyone had stuck with it after that, my bad. Though still not sure what sdc has to with dash's decentralization problem--

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: