Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 10:14:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Progress  (Read 471 times)
vinaha (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 06:09:32 AM

Yesterday I went to buy light bulbs. I haven't bought light bulbs in a while. Several years to be exact.
I remember several years ago the big thing was LED light bulbs. They last many years and use minimal power, so they were the big thing.
However they were junk. They were directional light so they worked good for spot lights but for regular light bulbs they were useless.
So I go back now and I find "retro" style bulbs that are actually LED. I find chandalier light bulbs that are LEDs and actually look real.
I also find other kinds of light bulbs but from what I'm seeing, LEDs have the primacy of place in the light bulb section of Home Cheapo.

What has this to do with Bitcoin? EVERYTHING!

We are still in the early stages of Bitcoin. Like when LEDs came out. But in a few years we will look around and when we think money, Bitcoin will hold the primacy of place. There will be other alt coins, like there are other light bulbs, but Bitcoin applications in the real world will be refined and fully integrated.

It's like this with every technology. LEDs are just one example.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 06:15:04 AM

LEDs are a very good example of a technology that is getting more impressive by the day but that has been around a long time.

I hope bitcoin will see the same development trend, but at a much faster pace. Remember how long it took LEDs to become mainstream for house lighting or car lighting? The recent speed of LED development would be a good fit though.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 07:23:39 AM

I know... these advances really scare me sometime.

About 20 years ago, an alphanumeric pager was the coolest gadget that I could not even afford;
About 15 years ago, I finally own a Nokia 3310 and I thought I will be using it for the rest of my life;
About 10 years ago, I bought my wife a Dopod 810 mobile PC and it was our first wifi enabled phone;
About 5 years ago, iPhone 4s;
And now....

I am expecting great success of bitcoin in the coming years!
The Arcitect

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 08:25:43 AM

This is called being in an era of innovative things that will matter for eons to come.
Embrace it do not fear it.  Wink

«««▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Yo coin ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬»»»
P2P Digital Currency ◘    ◘ Maximize your YOLIFE design your own future ◘
Come join our great community on SLACK
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 09:12:48 AM

that's the example of how technology growing day by day,another example is a computer's monitor,smartphone,and credit card
i can sure fiat will be placed by digital currencies soon due to efficiency and effectivity,it'll just need a time to be happening

If the Government will be strict with paper less environment and more concern about the environment (cutting trees and mining for metals to create coins) they might take into consideration of shifting to digital currencies. How many tress will be saved for those paper currencies.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 11:03:01 AM

Its a good story, but this is the way of nature works,the weak will finally being replaced by the strong ones, its depends on the community and user to keeps bitcoin alive and become the top of the crypto coin, but i dont think bitcoin can replace fiat

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 11:12:08 AM

Its a good story, but this is the way of nature works,the weak will finally being replaced by the strong ones, its depends on the community and user to keeps bitcoin alive and become the top of the crypto coin, but i dont think bitcoin can replace fiat

I don't know what it is. But i have a hunch that Bitcoin will actually make it through. Perhaps because it has already weathered a lot of problems and controversies but as you see it now, it's alive as ever.

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 11:20:17 AM

Bitcoin will be the driving economic infrastructure when we hit that technological singularity in 2035, or whatever the latest estimate is lol. I mean, look at it this way; if we really do reach a point where technology is changing so quickly that it's impossible to even predict what will happen in any given second, I can't see any form of government capable of regulating it.... CryptoSingulAnarchy FTW Cheesy

Vires in numeris
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: