Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:08:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EDON scam ICO  (Read 3922 times)
soopnon

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 11:28:58 AM

Thanks to the timely discovery, they also want to cooperate with us in the Chinese market

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2016, 12:35:06 PM

This was funniest example of greediness when there is no technology exist and dev think it can make fool people easily there, i also was in shock to see the ask price on bittrex and it made me ROFL there but no truth came out.

I totally agree.. And they also had a "Q&A Hour" in the bittrex Channel to advertise even more.. Unbelievable

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
craslovell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2016, 12:56:23 PM

Wow, looks like my comment was the last one on there too before it was locked.

The project didn't look very shady honestly... up until the random ICO announcement with no substance behind it.
Isolani159

Activity: 478
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 12:58:44 PM

Bravo bittrex

nothing gonna stop us now
NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2016, 03:11:40 PM

Since Bittrex added EDON, WAVES and STEEM ICO's I withdrew all my funds from there and only trade on Polo now..

Time is over for Bittrex, surely the next Craptsy soon

STEEM wasn't an ICO, but, good try with your FUD.

Mr.Ease

Activity: 1596
Merit: 534

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 03:21:43 PM

ah sad. I was hoping for my 30% bonus... so lame

~ Too Many Scams, Schemes, and Shitcoins... ~
Fring

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 04:00:47 PM

Why am I not surprised at all?  Cheesy

Tiny Cryptocurrency history tells us that about 95+% of all ICO coins turned out to be a scam... But hey... Keep buying them.. Keep on filling up the pockets of con artists...

Why do you buy into an ICO? Simple.. Greed.. You assume/hope you can make a nice profit and dump them on the market to some dumbass who missed the ICO and is willing to pay more the the original ICO price.. Amazing how some jpeg design images can make people think like that..  Smiley

Amazing how people are willing to set such a marketcap to a coin which isnt even launched yet.. and shows no signs of innovation.. lol..

This is kind of just victim bashing, since when did wanting to profit off of an investment become a bad thing? The incentive to allocate resources to the things that are good is what drives the world forward, and without this "greed" the good projects wouldn't be able to get the funding they need and deserve.

Of course people should watch out for scams (and for that matter, for projects that aren't worth investing in even if they're well intentioned), you can say they should have been more careful or recognize whatever warning signs, but blaming the desire to make money is misguided.
Rem9

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2016, 04:02:45 PM

First question. Did they reveal who they were? If I don't even know who's behind a coin why risk it and hope it's not a scam?
wahyu5

Activity: 729
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 04:17:43 PM

OMG.... I don't believe this , I think this is a big project and will continue with a professional team.  Cry
I was stuck in a bad situation
captaindz

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 04:21:34 PM

First question. Did they reveal who they were? If I don't even know who's behind a coin why risk it and hope it's not a scam?

https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/218843307
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 04:41:47 PM

Since Bittrex added EDON, WAVES and STEEM ICO's I withdrew all my funds from there and only trade on Polo now..

STEEM wasn't an ICO you are mistaken on that part.
BanzaiBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2016, 07:01:50 PM

Why am I not surprised at all?  Cheesy

Tiny Cryptocurrency history tells us that about 95+% of all ICO coins turned out to be a scam... But hey... Keep buying them.. Keep on filling up the pockets of con artists...

Why do you buy into an ICO? Simple.. Greed.. You assume/hope you can make a nice profit and dump them on the market to some dumbass who missed the ICO and is willing to pay more the the original ICO price.. Amazing how some jpeg design images can make people think like that..  Smiley

Amazing how people are willing to set such a marketcap to a coin which isnt even launched yet.. and shows no signs of innovation.. lol..

This is kind of just victim bashing, since when did wanting to profit off of an investment become a bad thing? The incentive to allocate resources to the things that are good is what drives the world forward, and without this "greed" the good projects wouldn't be able to get the funding they need and deserve.

Of course people should watch out for scams (and for that matter, for projects that aren't worth investing in even if they're well intentioned), you can say they should have been more careful or recognize whatever warning signs, but blaming the desire to make money is misguided.

Yeah you are right.. My apologies for that... 
I just can't understand how one feels when buying an un-launched nothing new to offer coin with a made up marketcap.. I never understood that..

Good thing bittrex refunds the investors btw..
xboxsold

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 11:43:57 PM

In the future i recomend that ANY new ICO have at least a RESUME thats verifiable online with a Known Linkdn account and facebook and Somebody to vouch for them that is known in the community or at least pass the icocountdown.com team's Verification Process and get Regsitered with them.
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2016, 11:46:20 PM

In the future i recomend that ANY new ICO have at least a RESUME thats verifiable online with a Known Linkdn account and facebook and Somebody to vouch for them that is known in the community or at least pass the icocountdown.com team's Verification Process and get Regsitered with them.

I can start doing this if you like here is another one to watch out for:

https://medium.com/@icocountdown/solcert-tokens-warning-adcb794860d2#.6s2758wza

neolinkhati
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Premium

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 11:53:53 PM

It thief anywhere.
We have to take care of any future ICO.
I remember the SHAREXCOIN, there I missed something.
mortare

Activity: 765
Merit: 283

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 06:57:28 AM

Tbh is was very clear from te beginning that this was scam. Dev never responded to any technical questions.

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
orendel

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:25:14 AM

Tbh is was very clear from te beginning that this was scam. Dev never responded to any technical questions.

Agree, a lot of red flags in the EDON ICO thread
joywin

Activity: 87

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:29:34 AM

BITTREX SCAM!! wait and see  Cool
lol, bittrex is scam too Grin

ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 07:36:43 AM

here is another one for you guys: ION coin

https://medium.com/@icocountdown/ion-coin-warning-cb686fb6e7a4#.98dtikloq

kame.japan2

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:42:02 AM

Agree, a lot of red flags in the EDON ICO thread

true.

primalbase║▬ Distributed Workspace for Tech Community ▬║primalbase
Self-reproducing business structureLong term profitable investmentTangible product, not virtual
ICO starts 26th of June 1st day bonus (66%) 2nd-7th day bonus (25%)▬▬▬║Twitter
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: