Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:23:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Firstbits and Private Key for 1JGARZIK  (Read 1008 times)
wtfvanity (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

WTF???

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 01:53:39 AM

Yes, yes, I can hear people complaining already. But I really have it and I really will sell it if someone is interested. In fact, for some reason in 2011 I decided I wanted all the first bits for everything and I actually have over 20,000 first bits of common first names, business names, common words, etc.

Some more details about the product. The first bits are actually 1jgar but the vanity address is 1jgarzik

http://blockchain.info/fb/1jgar

Full address is 1JGaRziKizyk1HNRgjqQWZedDBxT2DNeF8

Current balance is 1 satoshi to reserve the firstbits back in 2011.

To prove that I have control over it, I have signed the following message:

Code:
wtfvanity currently controls the 1JGaRziKizyk1HNRgjqQWZedDBxT2DNeF8 BTC Address and private key

Code:
HEOtdrhjpzRMslvMPfAvvvt4T1yfYnRuwY0qfVUBMrDuGBH9GhohUPtxF1dF2LjO7mgvbQ82FA3IoMzUhaIs/Gc=

For those that may not know, 1JGarzik didn't get his firstbits and is a lead developer of Bitcoin and is now famous for being the only person with an ASIC mining machine from Avalon raking in the dough.

I will delete the private key and dump the key from my wallet. HOWEVER, that being said, accepting coins at this address would be extremely risky. If I were dishonest, any funds at any time available at this address could be taken. I guess more than anything it could be used as a conversation starter, or some very basic Bitcoin memorabilia.

Alright, go ahead and roast me  Grin

And MODS... if this isn't allowed, please get rid of it. If you want it in a different subforum, please move it. It really isn't a good or a service and I don't know that anyone has tried to sell one before.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wtfvanity (OP)

WTF???

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 03:31:56 PM

24 hour bump now that the long weekend is over.

.      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 01:18:57 PM

I hope this is a joke.
wtfvanity (OP)

WTF???

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 03:34:38 PM

I hope this is a joke.

Negative, you can verify that I own the key in your own client by verifying the signature.

prezbo

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 12:01:21 AM

I hope this is a joke.

Negative, you can verify that I own the key in your own client by verifying the signature.
Sure you do, but why would anyone in their right mind buy a private key generated in this fashion? If it were split in two pieces then sure, but this is just absolutely ridiculous.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 12:20:19 AM

People trying to capitalize on other people's coat tails LMAO is this like domain squatting but like bitcoin addresses. LMAO
wtfvanity (OP)

WTF???

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 01:43:49 AM

People trying to capitalize on other people's coat tails LMAO is this like domain squatting but like bitcoin addresses. LMAO

You got it. Been squatting for a couple of years and my legs are getting tired. Unfortunately, 1stbits squatting wasn't profitable and never made sense haha

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 10:04:28 AM

You got it. Been squatting for a couple of years and my legs are getting tired. Unfortunately, 1stbits squatting wasn't profitable and never made sense haha

That's right. Why did you do it then?
wtfvanity (OP)

WTF???

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 03:32:59 PM

That's like asking me why I ate McDonalds 2 years ago. I was hungry and thought it was a good idea at the time. 50 lbs and 2 years later, the investment didn't pay off, did it?

Shocked

wtfvanity (OP)

WTF???

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 03:50:44 PM

That's like asking me why I ate McDonalds 2 years ago. I was hungry and thought it was a good idea at the time. 50 lbs and 2 years later, the investment didn't pay off, did it?

Shocked

LMAO didn't know being a scumbag was an investment now LOL

Had to invest the coins to reserve the firstbits. Look at the rates back when registered, they were as high as they are today!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: