Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:32:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin halving  (Read 7506 times)
btcjoin14

Activity: 891
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 10:20:35 AM

Right after the halving people will try and sell their bitcoins to try and fetch a higher price for it. But theybwill have to lower it until someone buys and the price goes down.
delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 10:39:27 AM

The most people are hoping that the halving will be nice to them because they already waited a long time until the value will be more and they want of course make profit in a fast time.
And you also see that it is now rising slowly and that is perfect for the people with already Bitcoin

Yeah I couldn't agree more with you the halving will increase the value of bitcoin. It is what every bitcoin user waiting for. Actually holding bitcoin is sound good for my self . I am usually keep my payment from signatures campaign stay in wallet.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

Erzatium

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 02:02:43 PM

If the halving is for real would it bother anyone. Because what is halving just an fall of the coin or
is it a rise. Don't know why people always say halving if the coin is only rising these days..
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 07:37:34 PM

The most people are hoping that the halving will be nice to them because they already waited a long time until the value will be more and they want of course make profit in a fast time.
And you also see that it is now rising slowly and that is perfect for the people with already Bitcoin
Well, if you do look at the charts of bitcoin value during the time of the past halvings, you can see that there is a bubble of price (in near by time). And with those in mind, many people are expecting that the same will happen. I am hoping that it will happen.
ATguy

Activity: 423

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 07:49:51 PM

Well, if you do look at the charts of bitcoin value during the time of the past halvings, you can see that there is a bubble of price (in near by time). And with those in mind, many people are expecting that the same will happen. I am hoping that it will happen.

There was only one halving before, and it just happened when Bitcoin hit the media at large thus very increased Bitcoin adoption and corresponding bubble (which had to pop). Today situation is much different and buble is not very likely, much more likely is just very slow price increase over next years because of the decreased Bitcoin supply.

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
Evildrum

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 06:49:42 PM

Will this be happening soon, like in the next four months, or we still guessing?

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 06:53:56 PM

Will this be happening soon, like in the next four months, or we still guessing?
No guessing here, it will happen at the end of July.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Cantoner

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 07:00:10 PM

As i know therer is a day and a time i had saved it and deleted from the browser but will happen at July soo its around two months till halving happens and end with the huge speculation around it.
Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 07:10:31 PM

As i know therer is a day and a time i had saved it and deleted from the browser but will happen at July soo its around two months till halving happens and end with the huge speculation around it.

There isn't an exact day an hour, halving will happen on block 420.000 (Bitcoin halving happens every 210.000 blocks). There are webs that have clocks that try to find witch day will be, for example: http://bitcoinclock.com
Batelk

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:08:57 PM

It will happen early or mid July. It is predicted to be on 10 July.

http://www.bitcoinblockhalf.com/

ZenCash Conducting Private Transactions Worldwide Completely
Discord -------- ANN Thread -------- Blog -------- Telegram  --------  Forum -------- Twitter
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
mirana12345

Activity: 630

PM me to buy traffic for your site!

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:59:28 PM

There was only one halving before, and it just happened when Bitcoin hit the media at large thus very increased Bitcoin adoption and corresponding bubble (which had to pop). Today situation is much different and buble is not very likely, much more likely is just very slow price increase over next years because of the decreased Bitcoin supply.

Back then there were much less adoptions taking place, and very little services that accepted bitcoin. At this time there's way more people and institutions involved,
and bitcoin audience is much larger. I really don't see why there wouldn't be another hype. To me it looks much more possible than it was at the last halving.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 09:39:50 PM

It will happen early or mid July. It is predicted to be on 10 July.

Well that's just 2 more months now. Time flies. Looking at the current price and the raise we saw the last couple of days i expect nothing to happen anymore. Expect for the mining rewards being cut in half.

http://www.bitcoinblockhalf.com/

Fofofolo

Activity: 107

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 08:22:53 AM

The Bitcoin halving is coming soon and that is perfect but the bad thing is that you dont know what is going to happen with the halving because some people are thinking that they the value is not even rise.
And that is bad for some people because they have now to wait a longer time for it and that is bad.
Evildrum

Activity: 84

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 05:04:39 PM

Nice, appreciate the links for watching the date and it looks like I need to look more into this issue than what I have.
Its coming so quickly I was not expecting this to be such a short time frame.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
GamingBro

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 06:32:40 PM

A lot of miners will stop working after halving it's a fact, but we will get new miners on their placec. It will happen cause of increasing requirement to mine coins.

jukka

Activity: 259

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 06:26:17 PM

i think that the halving will effect the network hash power but not the price.
PacePay

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 09:13:14 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2016, 12:13:51 PM by PacePay

yes supply and demand have great effect on bitcoin price, when the demand of bitcoin increases it is because people need it and they will buy it at any price they are available so in this case the price of bitcoin increases and I will say this is the case not only with bitcoin or currency but with any thing available to purchase.
Crazygreek

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 01:15:00 AM

A lot of miners will stop working after halving it's a fact, but we will get new miners on their placec. It will happen cause of increasing requirement to mine coins.

So what? Anyway other miners will come to work soon after halving? Nothing will change really, will change only bitcoin price from 400$ to ?00$ and that we all know for sure.

streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 03:02:22 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2016, 09:07:33 AM by streazight

bitcoin halving, we are all waiting for it
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 05:06:16 AM

this is not true, you are talking without any proper knowledge. do you even know how much it costs miners that you are concluding that they will stop mining just because of halving?!!

it would still be pretty much profitable for miners to continue mining even with the current price and half the reward.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: