Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:25:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ever missed the chance of getting bitcoin at cheaper price?  (Read 3746 times)
CroDam

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 11:47:34 AM

The best moment to buy BTC have been under 1$, second best moment is right now.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 11:58:20 AM

I learned about bitcoin early 2010, mined and hit a block. I was like, meh. But I hit another one just as the price of a bitcoin hit $10. Can you believe it? Is was CPU mining! Hah! I sold my 100 BTC at $12 as the price was plateauing. I'm such a sucker.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 02:55:16 PM

Back in 2010, a guy asked me if I want to buy his 10K bitcoin for $20 AlertPay.
Guess what? I wasn't interested in his offer as I never heard about bitcoin before that and thought I have no use with it.

I came to know about bitcoin in December 2013 when the price was at $1000USD per BTC.

What I did with that $20? Lost to a scam HYIP.

If only I accepted his offer, I'd be a millionaire. That shit still makes me sad everytime I remember.

Luck did knocked my door, but I was dumb enough to ignore  Grin

How about you guys? Ever had an experience like me? Grin

UPDATE: Even if I have bought it from him, I'd sell it to someone even each BTC was $10 worth. I'm so impatient you know xD
first time i was heard about bitcoin i was also not interested to find out because i was never thought too the prices will so high and so popular now and actually i had regret too sometimes because i'm not a part of bitcoin when the prices very cheap but we can't go back in those years so just enjoy what you got from bitcoin today
DuckKeeper

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:16:12 PM

Yeah I had this one time I was just to greedy to buy if I had just waited longer I could have bought more bitcoins. It is a mistake I made in the pas and I am learning from it and will not make the same mistake again.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:24:47 PM

Yep, when I first heard about Bitcoin it was back in early 2013 when the price was still 2 figures. I ignored it because it was always linked to illegal activities so I didn't want to do anything with that. Thanks to the disinfo agents in the media that made those accusations, I ignored it and missed the opportunity to become a millionaire.

Now that it was at 200-250 dollars for the past months, I didn't make the same mistake and I bought as much as possible.

In the next years people will envy the guys that were able to buy it at 3 figures.
coinzat

Activity: 434

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:27:42 PM

it is never too late. even now bitcoin is still consider new and most of the world know nothing about it. I knew bitcoin last year when the price was $200:250 but I did not buy because I could not afford to invest in this timee
chensong

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:35:34 PM

You have a chance now, you can buy BTC at $430,  five years from now, may be you will say: oh, my god, BTC price is 4000!!!........ why did I sell it at $440? Luck did knocked my door, but I was dumb enough to ignore.....Smiley
I would like to know how the guy who wanted to sell his 10K bitcoin to you is now.

[/b] IM Part of [XDECOIN] A New and Unique Rare Coin! Get your Free XDE - before you miss! ends Nov. 21
extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:51:24 PM

it is never too late. even now bitcoin is still consider new and most of the world know nothing about it. I knew bitcoin last year when the price was $200:250 but I did not buy because I could not afford to invest in this timee

in bitcoin we will never be late because bitcoin always profitable. and we can always get profit. so if you missed a chance then don't panic and get enter again to bitcoin.
ATguy

Activity: 423

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:56:54 PM

Back in 2010, a guy asked me if I want to buy his 10K bitcoin for $20 AlertPay.
Guess what? I wasn't interested in his offer as I never heard about bitcoin before that and thought I have no use with it.

Obviously you had no use for Bitcoin back in 2010 because basically no one accepted Bitcoin. Very different situation today, thus higher demand and price.

I dont think you could know Bitcoin become few years later so much more used and valuable - and I dont think any altcoin can make the history repeat from cents to 1 000 USD, or over 10 000x increase !

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
smho_16

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 04:13:59 PM

You really missed a good chance, but I didn't know anything about bitcoin back in 2010, I learned about bitcoin early 2015 when it was 170 USD a very good value, yet I thought it can't rise much more which I was wrong and I regret that moment for not buying, but I know I don't regret it as much as you do   Undecided
Gatekeeper

Activity: 358

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 01:43:45 AM

I was lucky, I looked at Bitcoin/Silk Road when it was about 6$, didn't do anything, came back 1 or 2 years later and it was still about $6, i thought " wow it's still the same price as way back then, hasn't moved at all". Then the price started climbing and I started buying. Only after investing did i realise that it had gone to $32 and crashed to $2 in the time gap. If i'd known that I probably wouldn't have invested so much or maybe anything at all for worrying about it crashing again. Now my average buy in price is $13 and I'm thankful every day for Bitcoin.

(1470) <KLYE> But I was far too drunk to fuck a midget
(1470) <KLYE> I will fuck a chicken for 250 btc
bitbaby

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 02:15:51 AM

I wasn't lucky enough to come to know about bitcoin when it was dirt cheap but just the last year the price was hovering around $200 mark and did buy some of it but I wish I had bought more, since whatever was bought then would have doubled this year.

I wonder if there is an altcoin which has a bright future that no one is paying any attention to right now.

CoinSiteDesigner (OP)

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 04:17:59 AM

I learned about bitcoin early 2010, mined and hit a block. I was like, meh. But I hit another one just as the price of a bitcoin hit $10. Can you believe it? Is was CPU mining! Hah! I sold my 100 BTC at $12 as the price was plateauing. I'm such a sucker.

I was sad when I realized I missed the chance of having 10K BTC in my wallet. But you? You had the 100BTC and sold at $12.
I'm sure you might have cried bro. Sorry, but that was funny(though it's not, mixed feelings you know) Grin
The Arcitect

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 04:26:52 AM

I had the opportunity to buy some coins at $100 but lost that chance due to having to pay my utility bill for that time. It was a shame but that was a while ago so I got over it.

«««▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Yo coin ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬»»»
P2P Digital Currency ◘    ◘ Maximize your YOLIFE design your own future ◘
Come join our great community on SLACK
Doms

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 04:27:51 AM

Since I'm new to bitcoin, it's quite safe to say that I've let a lot of opportunities pass me by to get a hold of bitcoins at a lower price. But I'm still optimistic that the price has a long way to go, so rather than miss another chance, I'm starting to accumulate little by little, and do cost averaging.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 06:21:01 AM

when i heard about bitcoin the first time, the price was so high, i don't remember the exact price but it was around 900-1000 USD back then so i didn't miss anything by not buying.
but so far from that time i had the chance to buy at the stable $220 price so i guess i will never miss out on anything else.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
CoinSiteDesigner (OP)

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 06:26:58 AM

when i heard about bitcoin the first time, the price was so high, i don't remember the exact price but it was around 900-1000 USD back then so i didn't miss anything by not buying.
but so far from that time i had the chance to buy at the stable $220 price so i guess i will never miss out on anything else.

That's what I'm thinking too, but unfortunately. We do not know we miss the opportunity.
Sometimes shit happens. I was listening to a few people's word of mouth and invested in a few coins. They did rise a few satoshi, but I believed in them and kept on waiting assuming the price gonna up more.

But guess what? It dropped back to 1 satoshi :|
I'm a fool again  Grin
chichidori
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 06:32:58 AM

I know about it but ignored it, because i was too BC designing logos at 99designs which i hate so much spec work is the worst, i should have bought when the price is at 10 or something.
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 06:43:03 AM

in bitcoin we will never be late because bitcoin always profitable. and we can always get profit. so if you missed a chance then don't panic and get enter again to bitcoin.
Probably right, AND hopefully segwit implementation won't break anything to keep this true. For me, segwit is an indication that devs (pushed by miners and other whales) can lead bitcoin to any direction, so hopefully no one ever will come up with an idea to change any (or all) of the following:
-halving interval
-block reward halving rule
-total BTC supply
minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 07:22:42 AM

Buying bellow $1 doesn't automatically make you a millionaire. I know many people who bought btc in single-digits range and have exactly 0 btc at the moment.

You would need to have iron stomach to be able to buy 10k for $20 and still hold majority of it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: